Buy-Back help.

Mr Kevin Garnett

Garnett's #1 Fan!
How can you tell if a buy-back card (auto) is real?

Can't someone just "sign" a card and sell it as a buy-back card? (since there's no COA on the back on the card)

Any help would be appreciated.

I know.. that's why I don't buy those hand numbered jerseys. The buy back autos have certificates on the back. Well at least the Upper Deck ones.

Some have the company's imprint on the card (ie Fleer/Skybox buybacks) - at least the 2 I have from the 04/05 Skybox do, but then again, I can't recall the card I pulled from the Skybox box (Turkoglu) had this imprint.

JerseyHeightsBuyback.jpg

This one I have doesn't.. just hand numbered. I can do this to all of my jerseys. :p I think the Flair ones can easily be faked.

Depends on whether you pulled it, or bought it. If you pulled it, it'd more than likely go in your PC, and you know for sure it's a buyback (just poorly done by company), but if you bought it, you really can never tell.

Just checked the Francis GU buyback I have. It too is from Flair (01/02), but the company logo is imprinted (only just visible). But the Turkoglu auto is from E-XL, and I really cant see the logo imprint.

In the way of buyback auto's, Upper Deck are the best by far because they have always come with a certificate. I recently pulled a Kobe Buyback auto from a 01/02 UD pack (in the break thread). Inside the pack the buyback card was in a soft sleeve along with the certificate card.

With the Jerseys, I have a ZO Fleer "Feel the Game" buyback Jersey and also a Marbury of the same. Both hand numbered with the stamp-like crown imprint on the back.

I'd much rather the Upper Deck method that includes a certificate with a hologram and serial number on both certificate and buyback card.
As long as you see an imprint, you're safe with Fleer, but I'm not so sure about a Fleer buyback auto?

get em to post a scan of the redemption....

the auto looks fake... not that I'd know too much about KGs sig. but going from those that I've seen, it dont look right....

Hey Mr KG,
I asked the seller some specific well detailed questions to try and help you out with your query and I got this answer back,

"Yes comes with COA,
2003-04 Ultimate"

:lol:
So it is from 03-04 Upper Deck Ultimate according to what I asked and it does have the COA card with it.
Hope that helps. If it goes cheap, I'd give it a dig if I were you.

Back
Top Bottom