Broncos vs Cowboys GF 2016

Don't know if the eels will implode, you would think it would have happened by now if it was going to.
The salary cap drama, Forans drama and then him gone fore the season, Watmough gone, Peats leaving, injuries to other key players, maybe when the punishment gets handed down it will happen.

I reckon they should just give Brad Arthur the coach of the year award now, given the mess he has to deal with what he is getting out of the roster he has is remarkable.

I remember after the 1993 GF, no one was ever going to beat Brisbane again. They'd beat Saints' eleven in a row.

I don't need to say anything about that, it was always going to be tough losing big names in big positions, injuries, ect , but I will say I love seeing the Broncos lose cos of there arrogance always blaming someone or something, Ben hunt isn't half the player he was last year and yes he dropped the premiership and hasn't got over that
Well I can't say that I like the Roosters losing all the time because I am friends with 1/2 the team. As for the Broncos don't write them off yet as we will be back stronger than ever come semi finals, Katrina

That 2013 Roosters Gf win...the old days :p
How can a team still full of star players go from minor premiers 3 years in a row to the rock bottom of the ladder? Doesn't make sense to me even though they did sell a few players, Katrina

Lost RTS. Lost Maloney (their rudder and goal kicker). Lost SBW and Mini the season before.

Injuries to Cordner, JWH.

Loss of form in Guerra, Tupou. Up and down in others too...Ferguson, Napa.

Lost Pearce to suspension, then injuries.

Blooded unproven kids, eg Mitchell.

Plus they played three seasons straight to at least the preliminary final 2013-15. Gave plenty to SOO and Test reps. A World Club Challenge.

So, I'd say a loss of players (some key), a loss of form, fatigue and the whole 'you can't stay at the top forever' and hungrier teams easily accounts for it.

It happens all the time. It's happening to Manly and Souths too.

Lost RTS. Lost Maloney (their rudder and goal kicker). Lost SBW and Mini the season before.

Injuries to Cordner, JWH.

Loss of form in Guerra, Tupou. Up and down in others too...Ferguson, Napa.

Lost Pearce to suspension, then injuries.

Blooded unproven kids, eg Mitchell.

Plus they played three seasons straight to at least the preliminary final 2013-15. Gave plenty to SOO and Test reps. A World Club Challenge.

So, I'd say a loss of players (some key), a loss of form, fatigue and the whole 'you can't stay at the top forever' and hungrier teams easily accounts for it.

It happens all the time. It's happening to Manly and Souths too.
Yes agreed on everything you have said but to count out the Broncos is a big mistake as they are hungrier than ever. After not winning the GF last year plus the fact this club recruited very well over the past few years. Come the end of this season the mighty Broncos will be their I can guarantee you that, Katrina

Cowboys have lost 3 of their past 5 games? The top 4 teams are basically undefeated at home and if the top 4 stays like this come September they should all win week 1 of the finals, Katrina

Cowboys have lost 3 of their past 5 games? The top 4 teams are basically undefeated at home and if the top 4 stays like this come September they should all win week 1 of the finals, Katrina

Yeah but you have teams like the dogs and eels who are basically undefeated away this season but struggling at home.
Don't think they would be to worried about a away final may actually prefer one given their records this season

I expect the sharks to minor premiers but wouldn't be surprised to see them not playing grand final day.

If they loose 12 points next week they will at worst be 4 wins out of the 8, a massive task to make the 8 but if they do they will be one of the form teams going into the semis and probably playing the minor premiers first week.
You do know the NRL no longer uses the McIntyre system to play the minor premiers first up they will have to finish 4th. If the Eels make they 8 they will only just make it.

Time for the Brisbane Bombers
Let's hope not. The problem with the NRL now is that there are too many teams in Sydney. While Brisbane could handle another team would much rather see any expansion into new areas that don't have a team before placing a second team in the same city as an already existing team.

How bout we talk finals in September ,

Agreed. You can't talk about who's winning and losing in origin series. Broncos were down 5 players in their loss to tigers. 5! Sure they lost this week with origin players, who played. So it's a tough call. I admit I hate origin series being played during the season. Or at least being played the same weeks as other games. They should be stand alone games.

I don't want to talk about morgan :(

Yes agreed on everything you have said but to count out the Broncos is a big mistake as they are hungrier than ever. After not winning the GF last year plus the fact this club recruited very well over the past few years. Come the end of this season the mighty Broncos will be their I can guarantee you that, Katrina

Didn't look real hungry when they were poleaxed by an ordinary team like the Tigers a few weeks back....

Let's hope not. The problem with the NRL now is that there are too many teams in Sydney. While Brisbane could handle another team would much rather see any expansion into new areas that don't have a team before placing a second team in the same city as an already existing team.

Brisbane should have 2-3 games. I agree, Sydney too many teams. But we've got the opportunity to get a team in Perth and NZ2.

Anything that breaks up the Brisbane monopoly and gives Brisbane a nrl game at suncorp every week is great. And maybe some other teams might get a Friday night game to give their players, sponsors and region exposure.

Back
Top Bottom