Broncos vs Cowboys GF 2016

They are the two definite front runners. Will be interesting to see where they are placed and how they go after Origin.

Not because I follow the Broncos, your 100% right. Comps are never won in round 7 but if Brisbane keep winning early games in the season they will be super hard to stop. Not only do the Cows, Storm, Sharks, etc lose alot of key players due to Origin, this year the Broncos will have Milford/Hunt, Glenn, Blair, Kahu, Eden, McCullough etc all not playing Origin meaning i think they are going to be in the best shape come end of July. Cows lose Thurston, Morgan, Scott, etc , Storm lose Smith, Cronk, Chambers etc and the Sharks will lose Gallen, Ennis, Barber etc. This will be the best opportunity for the Broncos in almost 10 years to grab the minor premiership after 26 rounds as i can really see them keep on winning through this tough period. Katrina

Last edited:
Not because I follow the Broncos, your 100% right. Comps are never won in round 7 but if Brisbane keep winning early games in the season they will be super hard to stop. Not only do the Cows, Storm, Sharks, etc lose alot of key players due to Origin, this year the Broncos will have Milford/Hunt, Glenn, Blair, Kahu, Eden, McCullough etc all not playing Origin meaning i think they are going to be in the best shape come end of July. Cows lose Thurston, Morgan, Scott, etc , Storm lose Smith, Cronk, Chambers etc and the Sharks will lose Gallen, Ennis, Barber etc. This will be the best opportunity for the Broncos in almost 10 years to grab the minor premiership after 26 rounds as i can really see them keep on winning through this tough period. Katrina

Broncos will loose plenty of players during Origin, 4 out of their starting 6 forwards, on top of that Blair is every chance of being suspended at some stage and McCullough may take a while to get back on the field so for every other club there is hope but your right they will probably win the minor premiership.

And take last night.

One duff pass and POW, game over man.

It's happened before. Highly fancied teams losing it.

1969. 1997, 2001. Hell, both 2005 preliminary finals, 2009 eels vs dogs.

Another great game between these two last night

Too many errors in their own end for the Cowboys and Broncos seemed to run out of troops and puff.

Broncos have great defence but its a little scary how quickly the Cowboys has rattle up points with back to back sets.

Can still only see Storm or Sharks challenging these two come finals time

Also the last attempt field goal by Milf was a shocker. He should have kicked that as he had no one around him and he was right in front. But thats footy, Katrina

Last edited:
Another great game between these two last night

Too many errors in their own end for the Cowboys and Broncos seemed to run out of troops and puff.

Broncos have great defence but its a little scary how quickly the Cowboys has rattle up points with back to back sets.

Can still only see Storm or Sharks challenging these two come finals time

I struggle to understand why everyone is saying this was a great game unless you are a Cowboys or Bronco supporter or had skin in the game. Yes it was close and yes they are the bench mark in the competition but seriously they both made plenty of errors a park footy team would be embarrassed to commit.

Ross

Last edited:
I disagree with you Ross as if you watched the game live it was by far the fastest played football all season. Did you see them all puffing at 1/2 time? Thurston himself said it was at Origin pace and he and alot of the other guys on the paddock were stuffed after 60mins. I am not saying this just because I follow the Broncos but no other team in the Nrl would have matched the pace in which this game was played last night. Katrina

I agree with you Ross, I know a few people that were at the game last night and they also agree it was certainly far from their best game, it was too error riddled and scrappy play, yes it was fast paced but other games this year involving other teams have, it doesn't make it a good game unless the skill is their, it certainly doesn't compete to their first game this year.

I was there last night. It was a terrible game. Fast & tough, yes. But WAY TOO MANY ERRORS - and not just by the players! My heart went out to Feldt, who knows he has a small foot in origin selection, which he no longer has, it will definitely go to oates. The game had me on the edge of my seat.... Not cause it was a good game, but because I wondered who stuffed up less! And I had quite a hefty bet on the match.

Close games are always good - so I enjoyed that part of it.

I still think it's going to be hard to knock off these 2 teams come September. Both teams have solid defense, big name players in key positions and they were both in the big dance last year. Broncos for mine to go one better than last year, Katrina.

We are not even half way they the season and everyone is talking about the grand final wow

Back
Top Bottom