Bergkamp pickup.

ozsportscardcollector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
Got one of these finally. 1991-92 Shooting Stars Dennis Bergkamp. My all time favourite player and a very underrated one. Just my opinion but he is the best striker to play in the Premier League. His highlights packages on YT are unreal.

IMG_7119.JPG

IMG_7122.JPG

I've mostly seen them in PSA5 or lower. I haven't looked at the pop reports but I was happy to find this at a very reasonable price. The card has a deep gauge line in it from the top right corner. If it didn't have that the card would grade a fair bit higher as most the corners are sharp.

I'll have to look at the pop but when I searched on ebay there was nothing higher than a 5 and a PSA3 was twice the price this was.

Last edited:
Yes happy to get in any grade. Wasn't going to pay $500USD for a PSA5.

Edit: I've just looked on ebay.com and there are only 2 for sale and one of them is the comc PSA5 for $800USD and a PSA3 for $225USD OBO.

There's probably quite a few of them in card shops or collections in Holland and the UK but otherwise it seems a fairly rare card. I've only seen the auto version once and that was during Covid and well out of my budget. There were only 700 autos produced.

Last edited:
Total PSA pop of 43 no PSA10.

PSA9 - 3
PSA8- 15
PSA7- 9
PSA6- 5
PSA5- 7
PSA4- 2
PSA3- 2

SGC has a total pop of 7.

SGC8- 1
SGC7 - 1
SGC5 - 1 ( my copy presumably)
SGC4 - 2
SGC3-1
SGC2.5 - 1

Last edited:
These cards have some upside imo.

Bergkamp signs in a lot of soccer products and those fetch $150+ but he's 54 years of age and can sign for another 20 years. There's probably never going to be a heap of these cards because few people collected back then. It was mainly a sticker market which kids stuck in albums. This is his first soccer card which is probably why it gets a pseudo rookie standing.

Back
Top Bottom