Below Par Sketch Cards...

bustage

OzCardTrader
Real Name
James
Would be nothing worse than forking out countless dollars for a box of your favourite trading card, only to pull a 30 second sketch card doodle.

This thread is about sketch cards that don't quite make the cut.

1282627926.jpg

1282547636.jpg

woodsideorc.jpg
waterhousetroll.jpg

---------- Post added 23-08-2010 at 02:41 PM ----------

The thing is that some of the high volume sketches are not bad. The Waterhouse 'Smoking Gandalf' would be okay if there weren't so many of them. There's several high volume artists that do high quality work despite the quantity - Fabbri, Teranishi and Dalla Vecchia come immediately to mind. I also own a fabulous Waterhouse LOTR Gimli, so it's the time constraints rather than the artist. On the other hand, there are some artists who I cannot understand how they get continued work.

Mike Miller supposedly did 750 sketches for the Iron Man 2 set and all the ones I have seen so far are brilliant!! So I agree, you can get a high volume high quality sketch artist!
The cards you guys posted are great examples of well below par sketches. The second one that you posted Bustage, looks like it was done by a small child :( The card companies need to have better quality control over the cards.

I can add:
ironman2Sketchcard3.jpg

I am pretty sure that I could do better myself!

1280043965.jpg

my only box of ESB 3D...pretty dissapointed. It's not a bad Solo sketch just details is very limited.
Cool base set though...

Really hate when this happens and you spend a whole week getting excited about a box and the pull is average at the most.

Similar thing happened to me, Dangerskills.

Bought a box of MM3 cards. Not only was the sketch in the VERY LAST PACK, but also very simplistic.

Such a build up for something that is worth jack

Some of those are rubbish :( would hate to pull them from a box. I could do better - in fact im sure a child could do better than some of those :lol:
Cheers
Brplat

Would be nothing worse than forking out countless dollars for a box of your favourite trading card, only to pull a 30 second sketch card doodle.

This thread is about sketch cards that don't quite make the cut.

1282627926.jpg

1282547636.jpg

omg!! unlucky man:( im assuming you pulled them

---------- Post added 28-08-2010 at 08:20 PM ----------

some are REALLY bad

---------- Post added 29-08-2010 at 08:15 AM ----------

haha it says up the top 'Marvel Masterpieces'!!

That one is not tooooo bad.

I have no idea who it is though? and that is normally one of the ways I judge how good it is! ie if I can't even tell who it is meant to be, the artist aint doing to well!

anychance someone could do up a list of the best sketch card artists and card type, i getting interested in the sketchs, where should i start, what are some high end/low end, average price ect,ect thanks guys

this is gold. i wanna see more!

I am expecting to get 1 truly crap sketch when I bust my other LOTR box! Will post it up here.

---------- Post added 31-08-2010 at 10:30 AM ----------

anychance someone could do up a list of the best sketch card artists and card type, i getting interested in the sketchs, where should i start, what are some high end/low end, average price ect,ect thanks guys

A good place to start would be looking at this site: SketchCollectors.com: Everything Sketch Cards

Will start a thread soon mate :thumbsup:

If somebody doesn't beat me to it...

Back
Top Bottom