Australia/NZ only??

I always felt that OCT was the most welcoming, friendly and non-discriminating trading card forum on the net.
Sure, I've met some xenophobic ones, but overall it has always appeared to me that the majority didn't care where I am from, just that I love collecting cardboard the way they do.
For the admin to bring it up though... it's seriously a huge disappointment.
Is there such a strong anti-OS sentiment here as to even justify such a suggestion?

Hey mate,

Graham has done a lot for this community to get it where it is today, and all he is doing is seeing what everyone's opinions are. Obviously he must hear a lot of complaints and deal with a large number of issues about International members or he wouldn't suggest the idea. Also, Graham did not say that he wants to ban International members, he was just asking what peoples thoughts on the suggestion were. By the look at everyone's responses it appears that everyone still wants International members on this site. I wouldn't take it personally mate, there is no "anti-OS sentiment" about it, Graham is just trying to reduce the amount of conflict on the site.

Personally, I like the idea of new members 'establishing' themselves on the board before being allowed to buy/sell/trade. Whether this is done by a certain number of posts, a certain number of likes received, or a recommendation by a 'highly regarded member'.

I vote for International members to stay (and under 18's).

Cheers, Cal

Hey mate,

Graham has done a lot for this community to get it where it is today, and all he is doing is seeing what everyone's opinions are. Obviously he must hear a lot of complaints and deal with a large number of issues about International members or he wouldn't suggest the idea. Also, Graham did not say that he wants to ban International members, he was just asking what peoples thoughts on the suggestion were. By the look at everyone's responses it appears that everyone still wants International members on this site. I wouldn't take it personally mate, there is no "anti-OS sentiment" about it, Graham is just trying to reduce the amount of conflict on the site.

Personally, I like the idea of new members 'establishing' themselves on the board before being allowed to buy/sell/trade. Whether this is done by a certain number of posts, a certain number of likes received, or a recommendation by a 'highly regarded member'.

I vote for International members to stay (and under 18's).

Cheers, Cal

Not taking it personally mate, appreciate your kind comments.
To be frank I'm disgusted by the blatant Americanism on BO, and just hope things will be different here.
The community's been great to me ever since I joined, and I just hope it stays the same.
Cheers.

The suggestion that the site be closed outside of Aust & NZ is crazy. I imagine it would take some time and effort to monitor every thread to weed out the troublemakers, but certain measures could be introduced to screen new members. Are compulsory introductions viable? If someone makes an effort to intro themselves that might go some way towards confirming their integrity. Is it possible to just delete the offenders comments and block their access (happened to me once already and my integrity is beyond question :D).
Being chiefly into NRL I'm not likely to have much interaction with OS members, but for NBA, NFL, NHA, EPL fans etc. OS members would have a lot to offer this forum. Don't let a few dickheads spoil things for the majority :thumbsup:.

Back
Top Bottom