WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
We're normally bitching about how sellers charge X amount when it's actually Y amount.

I recently listed a Hobby Box of 91-92 UD Series 2 on Ebay, and placed a fee of $12 for Registered Mail (the only way I'll send when selling).

I had to send Danni to the PO to send it off for me tonight.

I gave her instructions to put it into one of those red satchels, and send Registered Mail. Sounded fine to me. And sounded like I was about on target with the $12.

Turns out, we can't use the red satchels to Register Mail now? Since when?

Danni put it into a very large Bubble Mailer (I'd already pre-wrapped in Bubble Mail), and to register it, it cost $14.55.

Now from a seller's perspective, I'm $2.55 short, no probs, I can handle that. And have since altered my Postage on all similar items (which if you want to buy one, you can here ;) )

But form the Buyer's perspective, $15 is a lot for postage. But I guess it's the weight that f-cks things up.

I know that there's a few power sellers (one comes to mind, who I've dealt with a few times), they charge a flat fee of $8 for express postage Aussie Wide.

I would choose to do this, but since I can no longer trust Aussie Post when sending Express Mail (the last one failed to arrive at it's destination).

That's my rant, and In a way, it's a learning experience for all on the red satchels (if you didnt already know).

Mavs

there registered mail is over price and there express post is really fast to disappear on the back of the van. it wasnt as bad b4 but i think their starting to realise a lot of ppl are sending this trading cards so they decide to charge us more for it. this is also the main reason why am staying away from the hobby atm becoz of the security of package and over price postage.

It suck's alright.The service is getting worse & they charge more.
They have just lost another REG'd package from the US.Prick's.

Well the prices are going up right across their product range in a few days time.

Better buy up in bulk :rolleyes:

^stuff has already gone up...

Subway went up in price, Zoo mag went up as well!

Guess its that time of the year where everythings inflates..

red satchels, i am so afraid of that...

once Gary sent me two boxes.. took 27 days, and finally came to my house as registered, if i am not mistaken, that package went to SA somehow.. sent from NSW to VIC..

the whole satchel is almost open LOL..

never had express one got lost.. just once stolen...

what reallybugs me is that we can't send any international packages registered but they can send registered to us

You can actually send cards to the USA by Airmail with additional insurance which is pretty much the same as sending by Registered Post. Aus Post gives you an insurance reciept which can be used as proof to PAYPAL if the item gets lost or damaged. I sent a $50.00 Card to the USA a few days ago and it cost me $1.95 to send by Airmail plus about $7.00 for the extra insurance so it only cost me about $8.95 all up which is pretty reasonable for the peace of mind that it gives to both the Seller and the Buyer. Cheers :thumbsup:.

what reallybugs me is that we can't send any international packages registered but they can send registered to us

you can send insured which also can then allow you to have a return receipt, which is as good as... not cheap tho. posting one card insured for $100 with return receipt is nearly $20!

What pisses me off is EMS US-Australia is about US$25 but ECI Australia-US is about $45 :mad:

And it's not just A.Post.

As most of us who've been buying from the US know that USPS recently increased prices (some tripled in cost). And now USPS are pushing for another major postage increase. From what I've seen, both Postal services really suck, and overcharge for providing nothing.

We have a similar situation here in the U.S. Global Priority Mail appears to be the most ecconomical and safe way for me to mail overseas. Up to a couple of months ago, I could send 100 MJ cards anywhere in the world for $5US, and 200 for $9. Then our Postal guys raised the prices. There is only one size Global Priority Envelope now which costs $11 to mail. Fortunately, I have good international customers that understand.

Lynn

There is only one size Global Priority Envelope now which costs $11 to mail. Fortunately, I have good international customers that understand.

So did they get rid of the small size, and only have the large?
Or got rid of the large, and only have small?

But, yeah, had heard that there had been one significant increase, and are also looking at another increase.

Back
Top Bottom