April is Reignman40 birthday month. Lets see what the birthday has had instore for me!

Reignman40

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
east_coast_oz_nba
COMC User
Reignman40
This mail day thread may jump around a few pcs and alike, but it will show what has at least been a fairly interesting month for me. Make sure you read right to the end!

Ok lets go back to a competition that @muzikandme ran to pick the averages of a player during the NBA week to score an auto of that player. By default (greatest 2 words in the English language, Simpsons reference) MarShon Brooks decided to have an off week or something so I scored this nice auto. Thanks once again for the comp.
Marshon brooks auto 001.jpg

Before my birthday I had decided that it may be nice to chase some of the older Sonics autos for my Sonics PC. Got this nice Gus Williams auto out of Crusade from @parra lettics . Williams was a guard at the Sonics and played int he only Sonics Championship team back in 79.
Gus Williams auto 001.jpg

We all know I love a player that goes between 2 of my PC's right? Well this guy ticks both boxes. Here is an nice Lonnie Shelton auto courtesy of @Coopz05 . Lonnie was also a Sonics player and played as depicted in this card for Oregon State University. It is amazig the amount of players I am coming across that have done that! Ok at this point its 3 players (Shelton, Payton and Brent Barry) but you get the point.
Lonnie Shelton auto 001.jpg

Then we roll on to my birthday, the lovely wife knows she can't fight it anymore and she lets loose with a paypal gift ready for use on cards....HOOORAY! After buying some stuff that will get sent to Comc that is almost due to be coming home, there was a little money to splash around. I love to bust some stuff from time to time and decided to jump in on a Weekly Warriors break with Cherry which got me nothing (stupid Grizzlies). I also bought some packs off another Australian website as some were a little old school. So first I opened some Fleer which didn't start me off with any confidence. Here are the best of the bunch...
Fleer packs 001.jpg

After getting a little disheartened I also had some packs of Topps to open (keep in mind I was buying these packs for $2 - $3 each so not expecting to much)....Did manage a Kobe base and a Brent Barry Sonics card which was kind of cool. Jason Williams though.....
Topps base 001.jpg

Last pack comes 2 Lakers cards, a Kobe insert and a Magic Johnson card that never was...
topps insert 001.jpg

Ok, so far its ok and probably got my money's worth. However 2 packs to go, which I had purposely left my favorite packs of late, 2012-13 Past & Present. I know there isn't much in this an the best I have hit out of P&P before this was a Kobe Treads card. Pack 1 comes my first variation and in Rondo, not half bad....
Rondo parallel 001.jpg

Ok, last pack, and oh it feels a little thick. Sure enough not only is it my first ever pack pulled jersey card, but its a dual jersey of Ewing and Duncan /49. Finally soem mojo from a pack pull! I believe this is why the Grizzlies came up with nothing for me a Weekly Warriors as I bust that just before watching the live feed.
Ewing-Duncan GU 001.jpg

Ok, so also with the birthday money was something that had been dangling in front of me for a while. @skip20 had offered me a Sonics lot which was a great deal but everytime I had cash I had forgotten all about it. He didn't disappoint. Along with a bunch of sonics commons and parallels, came these Sonics inserts
Sonics mail other 001.jpg

And to top it off, this nice patch of Saer Sene.
Sene patch 001.jpg

Another card from @parra lettics is this nice George Karl auto. When putting togerther my set of autos for the 95-96 Sonics Western Conference Champs team, I had neglected the coach. Unfortunately the funds didn't bend to get a coaches one, so this one from his UNC days will do just fine for now
George Karl Exquisite auto 001.jpg

So that concludes...no wait, one last mail day.

I have met some very nice people through the hobby and 2 awesome gents, one of whom is a member here, organised a nice little Sonics/Kemp mail day for me.
I'll start with the Sonics part. I believe this is all the 94-95 Upper Special Edition cards of the Sonics from that set.
Sonics 94-95 Upper Deck SE 001.jpg

Now onto the Kemp stuff.
This pretty cool fridget magnet
Kemp magnet 001.jpg

A Maccas chip packet featuring Kemp and Grant Hill. The back of the pack has a Q & A wit Kemp which says his fave food is Maccas chips. No wonder his weight ballooned :)
Kemp maccas chips cup 001.jpg

And finally, to end the thread on a great note, this was the card that nearly dropped me to the floor which now takes pride of place next to my Kemp Slam dunk auto.....
Kemp goodness 001.jpg

I know it was a lot, but thanks for reading!

Nice addition. I love those old classic cards + getting inserts from packs. Boxes ruin the challenge! Go packs! =)

Happy birthday! (advance or belated?)
[I am also looking forward to my birthday, my wife also said the same thing - I can also splurge some $ on "those cards". Unfortunately its months away lol]

Love that magnet and glad I could help out. Chip packet looks gem mint - no grease stains at all!

Hey reignman happy birthday and a few great hits there congrats. I found a few sonics cards in my folder have you got these? 95-96 UD all star class kemp and schrempf & a 95-96 skybox standouts kemp. I also have a hoops kemp rookie card but I'm sure you have that one

Back
Top Bottom