amazingly rare and valuable old hoops set

JZA

the ginger ninja
Real Name
Jeremy
eBay User
jeremy1439
I thought this particular auction i saw was very interesting.

1990 Hoops Announcers Lot of 40 Different ULTRA SCARCE - eBay Singles 1990-99, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 14-Jul-08 19:46:58 AEST)

At first i was like "this dude wants hundreds of dollars for some crappy old hoops cards, with the ANNOUNCERS on them of all people??!! bwahaha what a loon!" But then i saw the BV's on some of these cards (the set ranges from $30bv all the way up to rick barry, which is $150bv! :eek:) and i was intrigued.

who would have ever thought that any cards from this era of the ridiculously cheap and overproduced base cards would have a set like this? im interested to find out the story behind this set, does anyone know how rare they are exactly?

I don't know anything about them but the seller is an ex member - fastbaja5b.

apparently these were made 1 for every main radio announcer and main tv ones. were given to the announcers to use like business cards
print run of around 250-1000 so are fairly scarce

:rolleyes: The 1990 common set is...well...common...but these announcer cards are extremely rare.

I have never seen a full set offered on eBay before...but I agree, it would be set collectors who would be after this set.
:thumbsup:

Yeah, these are as rare as hens teeth, I was reading about them the other day in my Beckett annual. The Marv Albert has a super Hi BV.
I wouldn't buy off fastbaja5b thou, he'd probably send them in those 9 page holders and in a white envelope.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom