All-Time Test Cricket Draft

I’m going to pick my captain and go with Steve Waugh. 10,000 test runs and very handy medium pace bowler also.

1. Matthew Hayden
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Steve Waugh (C)
7. Mark Boucher
8. Shane Warne
10. Dennis Lillee

@Matty76 think it’s back to you mate.

My next pick is one of the finest openers of all time. He scored a tick under 7000 Test runs in 79 Tests at an average of 56.67. His highest score was a famous innings of 364 - for a long time, the Test record - against Australia at The Oval. It is, of course, the Englishman Sir Len Hutton.

1. Sir Len Hutton
3. Sir Vivian Richards
4. Allan Border
6. Sir Garry Sobers
8. Wasim Akram
9. Malcolm Marshall

@Keatoboy, you have a couple more picks!

Woohoo! Great teams so far everyone.

My first of my next 2 picks will be Sydney Barnes. An English bowler who only played 27 tests for England, but racked up a whopping 189 wickets at an average of 16.42. That includes 24 5fas and 7 10fas!

My next pick is Adam Voges. Again only played a small number of matches, but he can hold his head high as the owner of the second highest batting average in the history of the game, second only to Sir Donald.

1. Brian Lara
2. AB de Villiers (wk)
3. Sir Donald Bradman (C)
4. Adam Voges
5. Sir Ian Botham
10. Sydney Barnes
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

Back over to you @Scotty_WCE

Slotting into the other opener's spot, and hence completing my top-order, will be Sunil Gavaskar. The first to 10,000 Test runs and 30 Test centuries, he had a long and hugely successful Test career almost solely as an opener. Incredibly, he averaged 65 against the West Indies, when much of his career coincided with those famously strong Windies bowling attacks. He was arguably India's first great Test batsman, and I am very happy to add him to my team.

1. Sir Len Hutton
2. Sunil Gavaskar
3. Sir Vivian Richards
4. Allan Border
6. Sir Garry Sobers
8. Wasim Akram
9. Malcolm Marshall

Over to you, @Wookiedragon!

Well I have been tossing up a few names for my all rounder. It came down to Myself and Imran Khan.

Imran just pipped me for a few more test wickets so I have chosen him at number 6. ;)

1 - W Hammond
2 -
3 - G Chappell
4 - S Smith
5 -
6 - I Khan
7 - K Sangakkara
8 - C Grimmett
9 -
10 -
11 - C Ambrose

Over to you @Matty76

Last edited:
Well I have been tossing up a few names for my all rounder it came down to Myself and Imran Khan. Imran just pipped me for a few more test wickets so I have chosen him at number 6. ;)

1 - W Hammond
2 -
3 - G Chappell
4 - S Smith
5 -
6 - I Khan
7 - K Sangakkara
8 - C Grimmett
9 -
10 -
11 - C Ambrose

Over to you @Matty76
That must have been a tough decision! Personally I would have leaned towards picking you, but I'm sure Imran will do okay as well ;)
Perhaps we should now refer to @Scotty_WCE as Sir Scotty with all the knights in his team!
Only two more than yourself, and one more than @Keatoboy and @Matty76 so far! Nothing like a few Sirs to make your team sound more imposing :lol:

Joining Sir Jack Hobbs at the top of the order is a modern master - a man who was a dominant force across the three international formats. For a batsman of his type, his Test record is remarkable: 8586 runs @ 49.34. He scored 23 Test centuries and scored at a strike-rate of 82.23! Australian fans will probably best remember him for an astounding innings of 195 on Boxing Day in 2003. He was dismissed a little more than half an hour before stumps....shovelling a Simon Katich full toss to Nathan Bracken in the deep, attempting to reach his double century with another six :)

Welcome to the team, Virender Sehwag!

Post #13 updated. Over you to @BLOWN8

I wanted a genuine all rounder in my side, and on doing some research couldn’t believe this guy hadn’t been chosen yet. Only cricketer in test history to score 5000 runs and take 400 wickets. I’ll take Kapil Dev. To be honest I have no idea where he batted but at this stage I’m going to slot him in at number 5.

1. Matthew Hayden
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Steve Waugh (C)
5. Kapil Dev
7. Mark Boucher
8. Shane Warne
10. Dennis Lillee

Your pick @mounteverest
Can I ask that when you guy pick your new player that you post the full new line up like I have done. Most of you are already anyway. Just makes it easier to look up and see who’s already been picked.
You can also check posts #2 and #3 on the first page of this thread for a list of players who have already been chosen :thumbsup:

Getting tricky now but have come up with my #10 “whispering death”Michael holding one of the most gracious fast bowlers you will ever see and he was quick from the era of those great w.i.cartel
And my other opener #1 Desmond Haynes who with my other opener formed one of the most devastating opening partnerships of all time
1 Desmond Haynes
2 Borden greenidge
3 Ricky Ponting
4 Martin Crowe
7 Adam Gilchrist
8 Richie benaurb
10 micheal holding
11 Glenn McGrath
Over to you @BLOWN8

I’ll pick the devastating Waqar Younis to go end to end with Dennis Lillee. That’s a scary prospect. This is a lot of fun, and very hard to pick now it’s getting close to the business end.
Back to you @Matty76

1. Matthew Hayden
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Steve Waugh (C)
5. Kapil Dev
7. Mark Boucher
8. Shane Warne
10. Dennis Lillee
11. Waqar Younis

Wow boys you are not leaving me with much. A few players I was hoping would be forgotten about have popped up unfortunately lol

I have an idea for how a winner can be determined. Everyone puts all other teams in order of who they think is the best. So including @Eels Guru there are 7 teams. So not including your own team you rate all others from first to sixth. First spot earns you 6 points, sixth spot earns 1 point. Then everyone sends their votes to @Scotty_WCE and persons team with the highest votes wins. I’ve put some thought into that and it’s the fairest way I can think of. What you do all think of that?
@Matty76 @mounteverest @Wookiedragon @Keatoboy

I think that would be quite hard as some older players some of us may not have heard of. You would need to look at stats as well - perhaps we could also all do a write up on our teams once done outlining what they did and why we picked them.

Back
Top Bottom