Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Port by 1-15 points

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Port by by 16-40 points

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Port by 40 points or more

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
That's a bit harsh, i gave full credit to Geelong, and i had been talking up the Cats chances all week. It was a Brilliant win by Geelong. I just thought it was relevent to mention what a mighty effort it was by the Pies to get within 5 Points of Geelong last week, considering the Cats had beaten both the Kangas and Port by over 100 Points in the Finals. I was just proud of our effort last week, especially since we had to travel from Perth and we had No Ruckmen, and nobody gave us a chance. I agree that missing out on the Top-4 did make it tough for us, but considering the injuries we had during the year we did well to make the Finals, and in the end we weren't far off from making a Grand Final. Hopefully we have a better run with injuries next year, because we will need to finish in the Top-4 if we are to challenge Geelong in 2008. If teams like St Kilda and Melbourne can have an injury-free year in 2008 then they could be the real suprise packets of 2008. Well done to Port Adelaide for making the Grand Final. Port will be a stronger team in a couple of years, but at the moment they just don't have enough players capable of playing tough contested footy. The term 'Downhill Skiers' has been used, but they do seem to have a lot of players that do run forward and away and from the ball. The key to Ports Premiership success in 2004 were tough players like; Hardwick, Pickett, Josh Carr, Montgomery, Wilson, etc. I'm sure that Mark Williams will be looking for a couple of those types of players in Trade Week. Well done to Geelong, and the question now is can the Cats make it Back-to-Back in 2008?

For starters, you started talking about Collingwood before was even played;
you claimed that Collingwood was the only team capable of beating Geelong in the Finals, and then after the game was won by Geelong, you started talking about how this proves Collingwood is the 2nd best team in the league because we only beat you by 5pts in a game at your home ground, in fact in this thread, you talk about Geelong for a bit and then start talking about Collingwood.

And please, don't think I dislike Collingwood or think that Collingwood is a bad team; my old man is a Collingwood supporter and Collingwood is probably the only other team apart from Geelong who I actually pay attention too.

WOW, i thought Geelong would win easily, but i didn't think that it would be that easy. Well done Geelong, they were clearly the best team all year. It just proves that Collingwood is clearly the second best team by a country Mile with daylight to third. It's scary to think, but Geelong will be even better next year with the development of youngsters such as Sellwood, Varcoe, Hawkins, Prismall, Blake, etc, etc. It's an early call, but Collingwood are probably the only team capable of stopping the Cats from going back-to-back in 2008. The Pies just need to find a good Ruckmen. Congratulations to the Geelong supporters, it was a long wait i know, but it just makes the victory even the more sweeter. I remember how it felt in 1990 when the Pies ended their drought. Go the Pies in 2008.

5 points, 100 points, it's still a loss. How much a team loses to another by compared to how much another team loses to them by does not compare the 2 teams in any way shape or form. This proves nothing about the Pies except that their supporters have no humility.

score line will be geelong 15.16.106 defeats port 13.12.90

cats will win by 16 points
mooney to kick 5 goals
and steve jhonson for norm smith medal

haha holy shit thats not bad if you added on 100 for the cats youd be nostradamus!. I backed johno for norm smith so i was a happy boy at $14-1!.

how does that proove that collingwood is 2nd best?

it prooves that Port had a really off game, remmeber port knocked them off at Skilled Stadium about a month ago, this game prooves nothing about Collingwood

Yeah but when that game sprung around we were with without 5 players who would be first picked every week and wed won 18 in a row . I agree the pies were 2nd best.

Back
Top Bottom