AFL Dreamteam OZCT league

I've all but thrown the towel in on this........unless I get no injuries for 11 Rounds I am screwed :(

This is the first time I have played DT and I have to admit it's fun!
Hopefully I'll learn from my mistakes when I play it next year (lol)

That said, My "wifes" team that I am "assisting" in running is going quite well with a 6-1 record and a healthy bench :D

How is everyone else going?

Yes its a fun game isnt it Richo :thumbsup:
My team John Gastev All Stars is going ok at the moment, but its still an early stage of the game
A lot depends on injuries and how many trades you have left.
Daniel Rich and Stephen Hill have done well for me so far and Im hoping that they finish off the season strong :v:

Yes its a fun game isnt it Richo :thumbsup:
My team John Gastev All Stars is going ok at the moment, but its still an early stage of the game
A lot depends on injuries and how many trades you have left.
Daniel Rich and Stephen Hill have done well for me so far and Im hoping that they finish off the season strong :v:

Ahhh that's you!
You beat me quite convincingly a couple of weeks ago - It was my worse score for the year :(
I have improved a bit since then but not looking that great this week.
Hopefully I'll scrape into the finals to get revenge (lol)
Ciao

mine has lost only 1 game. I made another team yesterday to see how many points i can get with it and i've got 790 points with 10 players. Most of those guys are young, still got the likes of Davis, Steve Johnson, Gazza, Corey, Swan and Lockyer yet to play. 2,000 week this one

hmmm my team is 17 of 22 played and elcapito has played (reiwolt) and im on 1514 vs James (clutch and bolt) who only has 12 of 22 played (with ablett as captain still to play) and his teams on 1079.........going to be close but it ablett has a 150+ game i think im screwed..... and Ziebell broke his leg GRHHHHH!!!!

I've all but thrown the towel in on this........unless I get no injuries for 11 Rounds I am screwed :(

This is the first time I have played DT and I have to admit it's fun!
Hopefully I'll learn from my mistakes when I play it next year (lol)

That said, My "wifes" team that I am "assisting" in running is going quite well with a 6-1 record and a healthy bench :D

How is everyone else going?

Hey yeah.. i think we all made the same mistakes first time around as well.. i still make them... Still pick the wrong players and run out of trades way to early.. even though I think overall ive been pretty conservative and done very well with my trades ins hayes/SJ/Hmac/okeefe etc.. But you need to know whens the times to cut your loses and move on.. a bad pick is just a bad pick.. and more often than not it that can be just because of bad luck, injury, omissions etc....

The more i play this game the more i realise that patience is the key and picking durable players.. Once you pick your team you need to back it all the way.. even under performing premiums.. only trade out if injured foir 4 or more weeks.. Doing sideways trades kills your team.. every trades worth 150,000 grand from a cash cow or 40-50 ppg per player from a upgrade.

If you going to have to do a sideways trade make sure its to a player .. that is durable and a proven gun in DT.. trading in players on the back of good form might not pay off down the track.. Leigh hardings a good example.. even though he has been semi decent... if you are going to do a trade like that in the first 3 weeks make sure you do the right research into why he is scoring like that, will he keep this role all year, will he get tagged, and does he have a history of being injury prone.. Last thing you want is to do that trade and for him to get injured or just turn into a DT spud..

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

hmmm my team is 17 of 22 played and elcapito has played (reiwolt) and im on 1514 vs James (clutch and bolt) who only has 12 of 22 played (with ablett as captain still to play) and his teams on 1079.........going to be close but it ablett has a 150+ game i think im screwed..... and Ziebell broke his leg GRHHHHH!!!!

yeah sounds like JZ is out for fair while.. it was time to trade him out anyway.. i think his price has peaked two weeks ago..

Yeah seen that your done pretty well.. started getting worried when riewoldt was 86 atfer half time in that game.. and i knew you had him as captain.. been a pretty good week for me.. except for having houlihan move to a forward tag role on fisher who I both have in my backline.. argghhh..

still got plently of firepower left in that matchup :).. looking to get 2100+ this week.. with ablett (c), Stevie Johnson, Didak, ryan okeefe, pavlich, enright, lockyer, grimes, brougton, iron frontbum to go..

Thanks for info James, will remember those points for next year!

As for my scores.......to be honest I don't get if i get 2100 one week and 1600 the next as long as they both result in a "W" :D

This week Team #1 is looking like it could go either way.....if Geelong Fire I move to 6-3 if not 5-4 :(
The 2nd Team should get an easy win and be 8-1 :D

Mmmm if the Finals are like thatthen I should aim for a Top 4 Spot for sure!
I think at best I'll scrap in though :(

Doesnt really matter i reckon where you place in seed i reckon.. as long you get in top 8.. Most teams in top 8 by finals time will have simliar sides.. so its really about whos play better on the day... Top 4 advantage if you lose you get a 2nd chance i guess..

I would say you've won enough matches to top 8 easy as long as you don't have a losing streak from here on in... me on the other hand might struggle for a top 4.. but ive got all easy matchups now from here on in... famous last words though..

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Thanks for info James, will remember those points for next year!

As for my scores.......to be honest I don't get if i get 2100 one week and 1600 the next as long as they both result in a "W" :D

This week Team #1 is looking like it could go either way.....if Geelong Fire I move to 6-3 if not 5-4 :(
The 2nd Team should get an easy win and be 8-1 :D

haha yeah guess depends what you playing for.. league is kinda secondary to national ranking for me.. Was my aim to get in top 1000 this year.. was 500th for the first three weeks and then got raped with injuries.. slid back to 4000 i think .. now at 2,237.. my teams starting to look alot better. should start to average 2000+ soon.. well i hope.. doesnt always work that way.. cop a few injuries and your in trouble again. Im starting to like the look Fwd line though.. No franklin thank god.. what a hack this year.. not going to touch him..

Doesnt really matter i reckon where you place in seed i reckon.. as long you get in top 8.. Most teams in top 8 by finals time will have simliar sides.. so its really about whos play better on the day... Top 4 advantage if you lose you get a 2nd chance i guess..

I would say you've won enough matches to top 8 easy as long as you don't have a losing streak from here on in... me on the other hand might struggle for a top 4.. but ive got all easy matchups now from here on in... famous last words though..

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

haha yeah guess depends what you playing for.. league is kinda secondary to national ranking for me.. Was my aim to get in top 1000 this year.. was 500th for the first three weeks and then got raped with injuries.. slid back to 4000 i think .. now at 2,237.. my teams starting to look alot better. should start to average 2000+ soon.. well i hope.. doesnt always work that way.. cop a few injuries and your in trouble again. Im starting to like the look Fwd line though.. No franklin thank god.. what a hack this year.. not going to touch him..

Tell me about it!
I haven't got enough trades to get rid of him so I'll just have to make do!

Have to laugh at my work league though.....everyone was gobbing about upgrading their forward line and getting in Franklin because he was soooooo cheap! Having had him from the start I advised it was not a good move but a couple of people did it and have got a 48, 92 & 38 off him since they got him (lol) I hate saying "I told you so" but I was sooooooo right there ;)

Tell me about it!
I haven't got enough trades to get rid of him so I'll just have to make do!

Have to laugh at my work league though.....everyone was gobbing about upgrading their forward line and getting in Franklin because he was soooooo cheap! Having had him from the start I advised it was not a good move but a couple of people did it and have got a 48, 92 & 38 off him since they got him (lol) I hate saying "I told you so" but I was sooooooo right there ;)

haha yeah.. hes always been inconsistent Budwood.. threw down the odd 45 last year.. but he made up for it by getting 130s.. which made it ok.. you just put up with inconsistency... this year he has been woeful and only serviceable on his best days.. he should pick up though.. cant get any worse than what hes serving up.. At least most teams will have him.. so they will ride the rollercoaster with him in your matchup.. This year i was very wary.. as soon as i heard he was going to be playing more up the ground.. ala pavlich/richo role(his not quite the same as richo or pav). He also had a limited preseason.. and looked out of shape and not near his best in the preseason games.. Thinks hes dropped the most amount of money of any premium ever.. nearly 200,000... thats pretty bad..

I was also worried this year how the rolling zone would effect Key forward types.. fev, roughie, J brown.. etc.. As there has been a major drop in the amount of inside 50s a game.. due to the rolling zone.. less inside 50s less goals.. and KPF rely heavily on goals to score a majority their DT points.. So decided best to target high possie forwards that play up and all over the ground.. whilst not always getting the massive 130s+ there wont give flowering 23s that franklin served up on the weekend.. Think Roughie got 13 as well..

Im so glad i went ryan okeefe with his change or role in the midfield... for the same price nearly.. of $327,000.. has given average of over 100 in the last 5 games... the little tackling maestro.. been on par with reiwoldt the last 5 weeks..

If im upgrading i need to really see one good game of 90-100+ from a player before ill bring them in.. if a players been crap.. but scores 100+ they will generally go down in price still if there a fallen premium.. thats usually the best time to trade in..

Mmmmmm More good info, cheers James!

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

What do you think about picking up Hodge this week?
He has dropped a MASSIVE amount and looks to be scoring a bit better since his forced break.

Mmmmmm More good info, cheers James!

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

What do you think about picking up Hodge this week?
He has dropped a MASSIVE amount and looks to be scoring a bit better since his forced break.

Yeah Hodge is tough one if you picked him from the start. on and off injured.. playing CHB roles on Reiwoldts, j browns .. and getting the forward tag when he gets moved to his normal rebounding half back role..

I am seriously considering him though.. as Gilhams coming back next round and he shouldnt get any CHB roles like he did on the weekend when he got moved to Jonno brown.. Theres is the issue though of his injury proneness and lingering injuries.. whether thats been holding him back.. He has shown last game after his break.. that he is starting to hit some form.. And i think with the two week break.. Hawks will consolidate and come out stronger for it and hodge with the extra week rest should come out firing.. well hopefully i would wait and see how he goes.. though..

On the $$ side of things hes dropped another -$11,000 to $296,000 and has break even score of 74 which he should prolly get next round. So hes pretty much bottomed out in price.. will be cheapest i reckon all year.. So good time to bring him in..

But there are other options though at his price range.. that dont come with as much risk, mundy, shaw, ellis, ryder .. etc.. But hodge is a champion and usually champions always prevail. i find.. Just hope he can stay on the park..

Im looking at upgrading houlihan now.. as he got a forward taggin role so considering all players around his price range..

If you got a bit of dosh though.. and want to go with certainty i would jump on goddard in two weeks.. as he got a 53 in his rolling average last round and should drop in price over this week and the following.. Not heaps but.. but should be a little cheaper than usual..

At the end depends what youre chasing in your backline if you want consistency and durablity.. go enright, gilberts, fishers, ... but if you chasing big scores but might be up and down or injury prone.. then hodge, ellis, gilbees, purgoynes, lockyer.. etc..

Backline is always the hardest to work out i reckon every year.. always give you grief.. i usually just side with caution and go durable players.. that dont get alot of 100+ but give you a full season at 85 average... Didnt stop me getting raines, drummond cornes though.. next year though..learnt my lesson..

yeah i think youll prob have me covered haha:thumbsup:

yeah sounds like JZ is out for fair while.. it was time to trade him out anyway.. i think his price has peaked two weeks ago..

Yeah seen that your done pretty well.. started getting worried when riewoldt was 86 atfer half time in that game.. and i knew you had him as captain.. been a pretty good week for me.. except for having houlihan move to a forward tag role on fisher who I both have in my backline.. argghhh..

still got plently of firepower left in that matchup :).. looking to get 2100+ this week.. with ablett (c), Stevie Johnson, Didak, ryan okeefe, pavlich, enright, lockyer, grimes, brougton, iron frontbum to go..

On the $$ side of things hes dropped another -$11,000 to $296,000 and has break even score of 74 which he should prolly get next round. So hes pretty much bottomed out in price.. will be cheapest i reckon all year.. So good time to bring him in

Cheers again James......by the way, how do you know how much Hodge will be if the lock-out hasn't finished yet?

Good luck to Scott E in the Grand Final.

Shake and Bake vs J Gastev All Stars.
A battle for the ages between two traditional rivals.

Can Shake and Bake win the Flag from 8th??
Can the All Stars win with Kyle Cheney in the starting line up?
Only time will tell.....

Good luck to Scott E in the Grand Final.

Shake and Bake vs J Gastev All Stars.
A battle for the ages between two traditional rivals.

Can Shake and Bake win the Flag from 8th??
Can the All Stars win with Kyle Cheney in the starting line up?
Only time will tell.....

Lol should be a good matchup mate. Losing Buddy and Eddie Betts to suspensions made me use my last 2 trades in the forward line which is not where i wanted to use them.
Looking forward to the Grand Final. Hope no late withdrawl's cost either of us the win.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

And it's South Aussie v's QLD. Screw the Vic's. :lol:

Cheers Scott.
You were a bit unlucky there in the Grand Final with Franklin and Eddie Betts missing out.
Well done on almost getting the win from 8th place.
A great comp and hopefully we can do one again next year :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom