AFL Dreamteam OZCT league

Hey thanks for the update dude!
I wondered how Houlihan went in the VFL........was hoping he would play well and get recalled. Where did you hear about his game?

As for Urquhart.....I am hoping it was a 1 week illness not a illness that really means he was dropped!

The rest of the guys.......man I copped a BIG hit this week and will take my FIRST loss in the Work-League I am in........will cop a bit too as a chick's team beat me (lol).

haha, yeah its never good if you loose to a chick......haha, na i watched the first half of the vfl game on abc and houlihan played pretty well, didnt catch the second half but apparently he had plenty of the ball and kicked a nice goal outside 50....

haha, yeah its never good if you loose to a chick......haha, na i watched the first half of the vfl game on abc and houlihan played pretty well, didnt catch the second half but apparently he had plenty of the ball and kicked a nice goal outside 50....

OK, thanks for the infor Brad......just had ANOTHER late withdrawl from my team - Higgins!

For F&*^ sake how many injuries and late withdrawls can I get in one week!
This is BullS*&^ :mad:

Yeah.. AFL fast becoming like NBA.. almost like there inventing new injuries that will keep players out for a game or two.. Think there being a lil to precious.. get back on the field ya pussies.. :)

How many trades have people used up so far?? Ive done pretty well with my trades in considering ive been hit hard... was lucky had some spare cash so i could upgrade.. Richo out Stevie J at 380,000 in, Dalziell out Lenny Hayes in at 380,000, Hille out HMAC in.. So far there all killing it, and doing better than what i had.. Had Lenny Hayes as captain last week.. nearly cracked the 300 for me.. Finally after covering for injuries for friggin 8 weeks.. going to do my first upgrade.. what a joke..

Yeah.. AFL fast becoming like NBA.. almost like there inventing new injuries that will keep players out for a game or two.. Think there being a lil to precious.. get back on the field ya pussies.. :)

How many trades have people used up so far?? Ive done pretty well with my trades in considering ive been hit hard... was lucky had some spare cash so i could upgrade.. Richo out Stevie J at 380,000 in, Dalziell out Lenny Hayes in at 380,000, Hille out HMAC in.. So far there all killing it, and doing better than what i had.. Had Lenny Hayes as captain last week.. nearly cracked the 300 for me.. Finally after covering for injuries for friggin 8 weeks.. going to do my first upgrade.. what a joke..

I have used 14 Trades - WTF! (Still copped 2 zeros this week too)
I noticed you asked how many we have used but didn't mention how many you have used James ;)........so how many have you used so far?

I have used 14 Trades - WTF! (Still copped 2 zeros this week too)
I noticed you asked how many we have used but didn't mention how many you have used James ;)........so how many have you used so far?

13 trades left... would of been 17 so far if I didnt have LTIs to my premiums players.. Yeah think for the first time in Dt history everyone copped a donut the last two-three weeks.. if you didn't then you must have a very crap or unique side, i had none last week.. but had two the week before..

Is that used 14 trades or have 14 Trades left over....??

I've used 8 so far and got my 1st two donut's last week. Hoping Ablett and Higgins will be back this week along with Chapman.

yeah from what I'm reading 13 trades left over is pretty on average with most ppl..due to injuries, failing rookies.. not ideal.. but does DT ever to go to plan.. always in damage control.. looking forward to a year when it does..

Things are starting to get better though.. few things starting to go my way.. Ablett and higgins back this week will help.. and hopefully hoops...

Only 6 tardes left and need to do another trade this week to avoid 2 more ZEROS :(
I had a 8 point win over Clegs with 2 zeros last weeken so I was happy with that ;)

My team is a shambles how-ever so all I am doing is hoping to get enough wins to make the finals and hope things improve. It's the FIRST time I have ever played DT so I am pretty happy with how I am going (Except how many trade I have left lol).

Watch out for a few losses from Richo's Roughies when I have to bite the bullet and cop some losses.........coming to a DT Comp near you :lol:

Only 6 tardes left and need to do another trade this week to avoid 2 more ZEROS :(
I had a 8 point win over Clegs with 2 zeros last weeken so I was happy with that ;)

My team is a shambles how-ever so all I am doing is hoping to get enough wins to make the finals and hope things improve. It's the FIRST time I have ever played DT so I am pretty happy with how I am going (Except how many trade I have left lol).

Watch out for a few losses from Richo's Roughies when I have to bite the bullet and cop some losses.........coming to a DT Comp near you :lol:

Haha clegs told me about that.. always good to have a cheeky win by the skin of your teeth, harsh for the other person.. I beat adam in another league by 1 point.. he was fuming about it.. Think i play clegs this week..should be near full strength.. always good to beat a mate.. hes already talking himself up..

Yeahs its cool.. takes ages to work out hows its all works and make the right decisions.. Prolly my first year taking it more seriously, still making mistakes.. I would be a little worried with 6 trades left.. sometimes you just have to suck up a donut rather than wasting a trade.. If the players is back in 3-4 weeks just bench them.. but anymore than that... unless their a Ablett i would look at potentially trading them out..

Its best if your are going for league win to save as many trades as you can.. So come finals time you have trades in hand for injuries. or upgrading players to give your opposition a nice lil surprise.. Happened to me last year lost in the Grand final league match and had pavlich out with no trades left.. that one hurt. I try to keep 1 trade for every Round left in season.. and 4 left for finals.

Haha clegs told me about that.. always good to have a cheeky win by the skin of your teeth, harsh for the other person.. I beat adam in another league by 1 point.. he was fuming about it.. Think i play clegs this week..should be near full strength.. always good to beat a mate.. hes already talking himself up..

Yeahs its cool.. takes ages to work out hows its all works and make the right decisions.. Prolly my first year taking it more seriously, still making mistakes.. I would be a little worried with 6 trades left.. sometimes you just have to suck up a donut rather than wasting a trade.. If the players is back in 3-4 weeks just bench them.. but anymore than that... unless their a Ablett i would look at potentially trading them out..

Its best if your are going for league win to save as many trades as you can.. So come finals time you have trades in hand for injuries. or upgrading players to give your opposition a nice lil surprise.. Happened to me last year lost in the Grand final league match and had pavlich out with no trades left.. that one hurt. I try to keep 1 trade for every Round left in season.. and 4 left for finals.

Oh well, that plan has gone out the window for me!
I'll just have to cop some zeros in the coming weeks as I cant afford to keep trading......

Oh well, that plan has gone out the window for me!
I'll just have to cop some zeros in the coming weeks as I cant afford to keep trading......

nah... doesnt always go to plan.... Im wasting another 2-3 trades next two weeks... By i try to stick to that idea... Ill wont do any trading for a couple of weeks to compensate.. unless LTI... You should be fine if you haven't picked any injury prone players.. chapman, drummond, coglhans.. etc..

nah... doesnt always go to plan.... Im wasting another 2-3 trades next two weeks... By i try to stick to that idea... Ill wont do any trading for a couple of weeks to compensate.. unless LTI... You should be fine if you haven't picked any injury prone players.. chapman, drummond, coglhans.. etc..

Doh!

Wish you'd told me that earlier (lol)

I have Chapman and he bloody injured 1st game bacK!

Bit unlucky to cop a compound fracture though.......could be up to 8 weeks :(

Doh!

Wish you'd told me that earlier (lol)

I have Chapman and he bloody injured 1st game bacK!

Bit unlucky to cop a compound fracture though.......could be up to 8 weeks :(

Yeah pretty harsh for chapman owners.. lucky hes come this far and hasnt done a hammy yet.. but for a lot owners who would of bought chappy knowing he wouldnt play out a full season.. great for those massive scores.. but can hurt you overall and can you lose you a matchup.. But i would say that most people would have at least one of drummond, coghulan, muston, chappy.. in their team... have a huge upside.. but its like walking a tight rope with these players.. just a matter of when they go down..

Think it was only a compound disclocation.. never heard of one.. but not as serious as a fracture.. should be back soon than later or so.. meanwhile Stevie J fires :)

Yeah I have given up this year.......1st year and a learning curve for me!

I used too many trades early so I am SHOT :(

.....But I'll go down in a blaze of GLORY ;)

Could someone tell me how the Final Series works in Dream Team?
I know it is Rounds 19-22 but how do the match-ups work?
Cheers

From the AFL website:

The leagues head-to-head competitions get under way from round 4 (remember, the overall competition starts at round 1 as usual and you must enter a team prior to be in the running for major season prizes). Everyone in the league plays against each other once from rounds 4 to 18. Rounds 19-22 will comprise of a top 8 finals series, based around the real AFL finals system, to find the overall league premiers. The bottom 8 will also play off for the league's minor premiership. All 3 leagues that you may join will have their own fixture and finals

Im pretty sure Richo its the same as the AFL Finals:

•1st Qualifying Final: 1st seed hosts 4th seed
•2nd Qualifying Final: 2nd seed hosts 3rd seed
•1st Elimination Final: 5th seed hosts 8th seed
•2nd Elimination Final: 6th seed hosts 7th seed
The 8 finalists are split into two groups for the opening week of the Finals Series. The top four teams play the two Qualifying Finals. The winners get a bye through to Week Three of the tournament, while the losers get home games in Week Two. The bottom four teams play the two Elimination Finals, where the winners advance to Week Two away games and the losers' seasons are over.

i'm getting real lucky in some of these matches. 3 or 4 guys in my league average 2000+ a week.

Heres my squad:

DEFENDERS
1. Pears, Tayte
2. Suban, Nick
3. Petrenko, Jared
4. Hurn, Shannon
5. Harding, Leigh
6. Macdonald, Joel
7. Goddard, Brendon

MIDFIELDERS
8. Skipworth, Hayden
9. Zaharakis, David
10. Rich, Daniel
11. Winderlich, Jason
12. Ablett, Gary (Capt)
13. Corey, Joel

RUCK
14. McIntosh, Hamish
15. Cox, Dean

FORWARDS
16. Wirrpanda, David
17. Nahas, Robin
18. Johnson, Steve
19. Pavlich, Matthew
20. Deledio, Brett (VCapt)
21. Ziebell, Jack
22. Franklin, Lance

RESERVES

1. Head, Josh
2. Cheney, Kyle (Emerg)
3. Cockie, Adam (Emerg)
4. Johnstone, Travis
5. Spencer, Jake
6. Leuenberger, Matthew
7. Garlett, Jeff
8. Krakouer, Nathan (Emerg)

Pretty nice points at the moment, picking up about 1900 on average per round.

From the AFL website:

The leagues head-to-head competitions get under way from round 4 (remember, the overall competition starts at round 1 as usual and you must enter a team prior to be in the running for major season prizes). Everyone in the league plays against each other once from rounds 4 to 18. Rounds 19-22 will comprise of a top 8 finals series, based around the real AFL finals system, to find the overall league premiers. The bottom 8 will also play off for the league's minor premiership. All 3 leagues that you may join will have their own fixture and finals

Im pretty sure Richo its the same as the AFL Finals:

•1st Qualifying Final: 1st seed hosts 4th seed
•2nd Qualifying Final: 2nd seed hosts 3rd seed
•1st Elimination Final: 5th seed hosts 8th seed
•2nd Elimination Final: 6th seed hosts 7th seed
The 8 finalists are split into two groups for the opening week of the Finals Series. The top four teams play the two Qualifying Finals. The winners get a bye through to Week Three of the tournament, while the losers get home games in Week Two. The bottom four teams play the two Elimination Finals, where the winners advance to Week Two away games and the losers' seasons are over.

Mmmm if the Finals are like thatthen I should aim for a Top 4 Spot for sure!
I think at best I'll scrap in though :(

Back
Top Bottom