Advice on NBA Packs and Boxes: Ask your questions here!

Haha guess the case is off? :p

Have to agree, I might put that as a disclaimer on the first post :lol:

The BEST ever value for money Case I ever bought (even before I pulled the MJ) was this:
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...ard-pictures/68410-pics-my-1-2-case-bust.html

Steve (HSV006) and I went halves in a Case which cost $624Us delivered!!! That's $63Us a box!!!
Now look what they cost: 2007/08 Upper Deck SPx Basketball Hobby Box | Dave and Adam's Card World

Was the most fun bust I have ever had........lots of great patches and some awesome Autos!

Yeh the prices on 07/08 SPx boxes are crazy because of now, feel sorry for people who buy them at that price since the KD can be bought for a bit more than the price of the box

Really wished I started collecting before KD became popular, maybe I would have had the chance to bust a few more 07/08 boxes llol

Yeh the prices on 07/08 SPx boxes are crazy because of now, feel sorry for people who buy them at that price since the KD can be bought for a bit more than the price of the box

Really wished I started collecting before KD became popular, maybe I would have had the chance to bust a few more 07/08 boxes llol

The 07/08 SPX was WAY under priced when I bought that case........Steve's 1/2 of the case had a Durant Auto in it so our case was MASSIVE put together!

Couldn't agree more!

But the addition to bust is a strong force......lol

oh i couldnt agree more! i love busting boxes! but it needs to be about the mystery and the excitment of what that box may contain. if you have your heart set on pulling 1 particular auto, then expect to get your heart broken in most cases. i think i can honestly say i am yet to hit that BIG card, ive pulled some nice stuff, but to this day i think the best thing i have pulled is a melo patch /5 from absolute memorabila. i really want that Griffin auto, and that wall rookie auto, and if i pull it out of a box then that will be a truly unforgettable expierence, but i know i will more then likely end up just buying these cards at some stage.

keep on busting guys! but do it for the love, not the expectations! :)

oh i couldnt agree more! i love busting boxes! but it needs to be about the mystery and the excitment of what that box may contain. if you have your heart set on pulling 1 particular auto, then expect to get your heart broken in most cases. i think i can honestly say i am yet to hit that BIG card, ive pulled some nice stuff, but to this day i think the best thing i have pulled is a melo patch /5 from absolute memorabila. i really want that Griffin auto, and that wall rookie auto, and if i pull it out of a box then that will be a truly unforgettable expierence, but i know i will more then likely end up just buying these cards at some stage.

keep on busting guys! but do it for the love, not the expectations! :)

I was going to retire from busting when I hit a MJ Auto in 2009 (and I did for 2 years) but the lure of a bust drew me back in lol

lol I think Ultimate Collection is priced pretty cheaply but Im a bit biased, but Classics at $66 seems really cheap as well

massive steal on that SPX! i busted a few 08-09 a little while back, they were about $120 a box, didnt get much good stuff but still heaps of fun, you prob wont find them for that price now!

jeez dont you wish u had a time machine sometimes?

Simple case of nice hits in few cards or some poor hits, some nice hits, a nice Gervin Auto for drob50 and plenty of base/inserts!!

ATG is nice, but won't last long.

But you have bugger all chance of a Tyreke hit in either of them

From the late 90s skybox, which year is better 96-97 or 97-98. Are the "better" cards series 1 or series 2. And am I after Skybox Hobby or Metal Championship?

I thought the Metal championship werent the good ones, but the price says they must be? Or am I confusing it with Metal Universe?

I heard one series had all the star players Jordan and co, and the other series had useless players.

Are PMG the real chase element or is something more valuable.

Anyone know?

I recall searching for them some time back and couldn't find any boxes at all. :(

From the late 90s skybox, which year is better 96-97 or 97-98. Are the "better" cards series 1 or series 2. And am I after Skybox Hobby or Metal Championship?

I thought the Metal championship werent the good ones, but the price says they must be? Or am I confusing it with Metal Universe?

I heard one series had all the star players Jordan and co, and the other series had useless players.

Are PMG the real chase element or is something more valuable.

PMG's from 97-98 Metal Universe are the chase element alright! ;)

Here is a bit of a breakdown for you with some keys inserts listed..

96-97 Skybox
--

Series 1
-
Larger than Life
One ruby per box
Better players/rookies in base set
Autographics

Series 2
-
Golden Touch
One ruby per box
Autographics

97-98 Skybox
--

Series 1
-
Premium Players
Star Rubies
Autographics
Better players/rookies in base set

Series 2
-
Golden Touch
Star Rubies
Autographics

96-97 Metal
--

Series 1
-
Molten Metal (First 10 were in retail)

Series 2
-
Molten Metal (Last 20, better players)
Netrageous
Platinum Portraits
Precious Metal

97-98 Metal Universe (One series only)
--
Gold Universe (Retail Only)
Platinum Portraits
Precious Metal Gems (Red, Green - these are the ones people are going crazy about)
Titanium

97-98 Metal Universe Championship (One series only)
--
Hardware
Championship Galaxy
Precious Metal Gems (#'ed to 50)

Hey guys,

Got a box of 95/96 Fleer Metal turning up tomorrow or the next day... but haven't had anything to do with this set before...

Reckon I should break it myself, or just hold it and sell it whole?

What's the chase in it, is there enough good stuff to go for or not really?

Hey guys,

Got a box of 95/96 Fleer Metal turning up tomorrow or the next day... but haven't had anything to do with this set before...

Reckon I should break it myself, or just hold it and sell it whole?

What's the chase in it, is there enough good stuff to go for or not really?

Cards look nice, inserts look sick. Nothing really valuable though I believe...96/97's are the ones you would be going for with the PMGs and that.

Back
Top Bottom