Advice on NBA Packs and Boxes: Ask your questions here!

heya mates
bumping this thread cos i had a question.
DACardworld's having a sale on 2010-11 Panini Limited. am thinking of getting a box - what has everyone's experiences been like with this product? i wanted to try a mid-level product for less than $100 a box, but don't want heaps of unwanted base lying around after the break.

Don't think many of the cards, even the Rookie cards, have great resale value.

Was thinking of a 09/10 sp game used hobby box.
Pretty good hits per pack. Plus a chance of a logoman.
$300 a box sound right? Thoughts?

Which of these cards are the most fun to open?
all from 07/08
Finest
Ultra
SP Rookie
Topps

or should i just stick with artifacts which i know i'll like

Hows 10/11 Season Update like?

Nice base, pretty well-designed cards if that's what you're interested in :) The same old stickers though and crappy variations.

Which of these cards are the most fun to open?
all from 07/08
Finest
Ultra
SP Rookie
Topps

or should i just stick with artifacts which i know i'll like

I would stay away from Topps, lots of damaged base and flimsy cards. Would choose SP Rookie Threads out of those but then again just stick to Artifacts ;)

Hey guys,

Looking to get a box for my brother. What are your thoughts on these:
2008-09 SP Rookie Threads Hobby Box
2008-09 Hot Prospects Hobby Box
4x 2010-11 Panini Limited
2x 2007-08 Hot Prospects Hobby Boxes

They all work out to be around the same value BTW.

Cheers for any help!
Bainy

Id probably get the 4 x 10/11 Limited since theres a better chance to get a decent hit since theres 4 boxes.

But in the Hot Prospects boxes you could end up with a scrub RPA, the Rookie Threads is nice but at the price it is right now I dont think its worth it

SP Rookie Threads was one of my favourtie boxes to open but all the redemptions are expired ( the rose rookie auto is a redemption to al though there are a few rose sticker autos in there from different sub sets) and it's very expensive if you get a bad box (which i have had a few of)

Was never a huge fan of hot prospects personally and like kenny said if you dont hit a decent RPA your going to be dissapointed.

I think the Limited is the way to go one of Paninis better releases this year imo, next day rookie autos are on card there are a few more on card autos aswell + there are a heap of sweet patches only only downside is a weaker rookie crop and there are a few redemptions although not as many as timeless treasures atleast they wont be epired though like the other products.

with kiwi_in_melb mentioning redemptions i really wish there was a site out there that had a list of what redemptions and how many are in old boxes so i could limit the chance of getting one.

What is the rough value of:
09/10 Panini Prestige NBA Factory Sealed Box
2009/10 Panini THREADS NBA Factory Sealed Box
2010-11 PANINI THREADS NBA Factory Sealed Box

Also for the list, I can recommend 10/11 Ultimate collection, the price is very cheap (around $60) for what you can get, eg MJ, Lebron, DRose, Russell auto. Though its hit or miss the huge hits are a lot better than what you can get in other products

Yes lilreddevil :)
I got all three at 10 bucks a box, about 25 for combined shipping. I have seen them for sale for around 70 before (not sure if there are different levels of 'threads' boxes)

Yes lilreddevil :)
I got all three at 10 bucks a box, about 25 for combined shipping. I have seen them for sale for around 70 before (not sure if there are different levels of 'threads' boxes)

Ah now here's where you need to be careful. Those $10 boxes that you got are probably blasters and have much less cards than the more expensive ones you were talking about. However in my opinion they are much better for value but not if you're trying to complete a few base sets. I'm guessing you got them from dacardworld? If so just have a look at the more expensive versions on the site and just compare for yourself the number of packd and hit ratios in each kind of box.

---------- Post added 22-10-2011 at 05:11 PM ----------

What do you guys think a good box is at around 80-110 dollars?

Adam (drob50) recommended to me 09/10 or 10/11 contenders. I would recommend 09/10 classics and as a few guys above have, limited and ultimate if you're into do or die 1 pack box busts!

Im a Newb when it comes to basket ball cards had a little stint at basketball cards when Shaq was the rookie to have. I want to start a Kyrie Irving PC followed by a Steve Adams PC down the track. Just need to know what are the best rookie cards by release and brand without exquisite included. I also wonder if there are any draft lottery card redemption's circulating.
Cheers
WarriorFanInOz

Back
Top Bottom