Advice needed: Gem mint 10?

mason_robj

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Rob
eBay User
tallskinnyboy_rob
Hey guys,

I'm a relative newcomer to this basketball collecting thing, and bought a card off eBay which was advertised AND "graded" (I use this term loosely..) as a GEM 10. I'll show you some photos of the card, which I received today, and you can let me know what you think.

My impression was that a GEM mint had to have perfect corners, and as the photos show, there's an imperfection on one of the corners. Is this worth asking for a refund for? I only paid $8 (yes, I was a bit naiive, and I now know that the card in question isn't worth that.. probably even less than an ungraded one, seeing as the card was graded by "Professional Grading Authority"). Let me know what you reckon of it. Please no "how could you be so stupid?!" comments, as I'm now quite aware of how ridiculous the purchase was :D and especially after researching that grading company!

Thanks in advance for any help,
Rob
mason_robj

_MG_0296.jpg

_MG_0300.jpg

There's a few companies around that pretty much grade everything a 10. Some of the other members will know all their names. The ones you want to grade your cards are either PSA or BGS.

yep, unless its BGS or PSA dont bother looking at it cos most likely they are not a respected grading service.
*goes and scans my 2 harden rc from shithouse grading companies and put em fs* LOL

Looks like I've hit a definite lemon then. DW8 - the case is really light plastic.. it's my first "graded" (again, I use that term loosely..) card so I've got nothing to compare it to, but it seems flimsy.

What do you guys reckon about that edge - I'd say it's definitely not a 10. Is that grounds for an eBay refund?

Looks like I've hit a definite lemon then. DW8 - the case is really light plastic.. it's my first "graded" (again, I use that term loosely..) card so I've got nothing to compare it to, but it seems flimsy.

What do you guys reckon about that edge - I'd say it's definitely not a 10. Is that grounds for an eBay refund?

Most graded cases are meant to be strong right? If it's light plastic and you picked it up for that price, I would say fake. But still cool that you got it cheap haha

Back
Top Bottom