$500 reward to find a Scumbag!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Cherry is 100% sure he did not send anything out to Ang? They definitely went into someone elses package?

I have already asked the question, waiting for a reply. But from what I have gathered that is the case. I doubt Ang would jump to conclusions of that sort otherwise. He wouldn't call out a group of members and call them scumbags if he wasn't sure.

I have already asked the question, waiting for a reply. But from what I have gathered that is the case. I doubt Ang would jump to conclusions of that sort otherwise. He wouldn't call out a group of members and call them scumbags if he wasn't sure.

Its a pity this could not have been dealt with internally by Cherry before members had to get called out. Unfortunate situation all around.:thumbsdown:

Its a pity this could not have been dealt with internally by Cherry before members had to get called out. Unfortunate situation all around.:thumbsdown:

Simple mistakes can be costly - whether he misplaced the cards or sent it to the wrong member. In the end it's not the person who received the wrong cards fault, but being honest you would hope they would own up.

But also chances are he has many addresses and it could have gone out to someone else not even in the break.
I mean if he did a wrong address in a card like that its just as easy he put a address that most likely wasn't even in the break, maybe if he sold some boxes that were shipped out the same time etc etc
Maybe check with him on that and make sure but if that was me in ur shoes I don't see why u have to lost out, as it was indeed there fault and ill be asking for a credit or refund on the market value of the card there is no need for u to be the one short handed when u did everything right.
Sorry but its like buying the card from eBay and the seller tells u he sent it to someone else u would ask for a refund instantly stating if it returns u will return the money.

Just the steps I would take as its totally bull in my eyes a card of that value can be handed without care by shipping it to someone else completely.
Also don't want to say this but was the card maybe accessible to customers or others before even shipped out and maybe someone stole it there?

@angpin Are you 100% certain G didn't mix the cards up with the non mailed out base? Were there any other breaks that night? If so is it a possibility the cards were mixed up with those? I know G & R would never intentionally mess anyone about, but accidents can happen. But if they have assured you that they still don't have it, someone out there must have it, if not from that break maybe another. They are completely useless to another person on the secondary market as everyone know what they look like.
All the cards in the break are considered hits because it was a case of Immaculate (36 cards in total). And everyone knows an Anthony Davis Jumbo Rookie Patch is a major hit so it wouldn't easily get mixed with any other cards, especially given the fact in went directly into a one touch as it came out of the packet. I'm assuming all the Immaculate cards would've remained together and not mixed with any other breaks because of their value. A mistake/accident was made and someone definately has my cards.

But also chances are he has many addresses and it could have gone out to someone else not even in the break.
I mean if he did a wrong address in a card like that its just as easy he put a address that most likely wasn't even in the break, maybe if he sold some boxes that were shipped out the same time etc etc
Maybe check with him on that and make sure but if that was me in ur shoes I don't see why u have to lost out, as it was indeed there fault and ill be asking for a credit or refund on the market value of the card there is no need for u to be the one short handed when u did everything right.
Sorry but its like buying the card from eBay and the seller tells u he sent it to someone else u would ask for a refund instantly stating if it returns u will return the money.

Just the steps I would take as its totally bull in my eyes a card of that value can be handed without care by shipping it to someone else completely.
Also don't want to say this but was the card maybe accessible to customers or others before even shipped out and maybe someone stole it there?
Grayson has guaranteed that I won't lose out, it just pisses me off that there's a scumbag in our community....that is lying and by the definition of the law "stealing" from other members, this time it was me, who will it be next??? We need to band together and eradicate these thieves ruining the hobby!!
I know both Grayson and Renee are very honarable people and don't allow any customers into their premises. I believe the only other person was KG who was there on the night and is a friend of Grayson. The rest is a mystery!!!

whats to say the cards weren't packed with a different break by mistake?

No members have been called out, all I did was to give everyone a comprehensive picture of what happened. Most members involved in that particular break have offered their support and nearly all I've heard from, and are keeping an eye out for me.

if it was posted with the wrong break.. possible not a member here or hasn't received them yet?

unfortunately money doesn't silly things to people.... even when it isn't their own

Evening all, Just want to clear a couple of things up. Firstly, Cherry takes total responsibility.

The cards may or may not have ever been posted, we have no proof either way! Therefore, we let Ang down. To be honest, in hindsight, perhaps we are lucky that in 4-5 years this has never happened previously.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we should've had a few stopgaps in place to trace mail-outs. We sent an email to all Cherry website members yesterday explaining changes, including photos of all mail-outs, to minimise the risk of this happening again and providing proof of what was or wasn't sent and to who.

If anyone would like a copy of this email let me know.
In regards to compensation, we certainly offered Ang compensation (financial or card, his choice) immediately. We also contacted a number of customers who received mail-outs at a similar time, which in no way incriminates them as once again, Cherry has no proof the card was even posted. Our process of mail-outs is hardly surgical. It is professional! But there are no documented validation points, or at least there wasn't! There is now.

Rightly Ang is devastated by the loss and no doubt disappointed in Cherry! Unfortunately all we can offer is compensation and an apology at this stage, hopefully the card shows up, but until then we let a very treasured customer down and it hurts us greatly that we are responsible for that.

If anyone one has any questions, or information, feel free to PM me.

Hopefully if someone does have them they realise its pointless having them as they're serial numbered and easily tracked on the market. Hope they end up where they belong, good luck.

Hey guys I can see where a few ppl are coming from with the calling out bit and also totally understand angs disappointment. And although he didn't directly call ppl out, ang had named dropped a few ppl and basically said one of these ppl is a scum bag it sort of gives the ppl listed now a bit of a tarred brush now until this card is found and is a little disappointing because there a lot of ways this card could be lost, not just a scumbag stealing it, in saying that I feel for you ang I really do it sucks dude, but I think your dissapointment could have been handled a little different that's all, anyway back to scouring eBay, good luck mate really hope you find the card

Hey guys I can see where a few ppl are coming from with the calling out bit and also totally understand angs disappointment. And although he didn't directly call ppl out, ang had named dropped a few ppl and basically said one of these ppl is a scum bag it sort of gives the ppl listed now a bit of a tarred brush now until this card is found and is a little disappointing because there a lot of ways this card could be lost, not just a scumbag stealing it, in saying that I feel for you ang I really do it sucks dude, but I think your dissapointment could have been handled a little different that's all, anyway back to scouring eBay, good luck mate really hope you find the card
Like I said earlier, all I did was give a comprehensive account to what happened. If anyone wanted to know who was in the break they could've easily found out by going to the link for that particular break:

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/comm...12-13-case-break-6-team-based-from-30.155641/

And I have no reason to doubt any of these people in the break as nearly all have commented and offered their support, however the probabilities are that the cards ended up with another person who was in the break because that was the only Immaculate busted that night. Read into it what you want!! I wanted to go public because a) I want the scumbag found and my cards back, and b) to alert this community of a scumbag amongst us. It's bad enough it happened to me, it would be tragic if it happened again to others, and as a result, tighter measures are in place at Cherry with Group Breaks and Mailouts….which is a great move going forward.

Not sure if any of my packages from Cherry were mailed around then Ang, (cherry packs and mixed break before Christmas), but I am overseas and haven't checked the PO Box for a while, so there is a slight possibility they are there??!?

Good luck with it!

PS - Heat suck! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom