2023 Select New Release July 2023

I think it's very interesting that genuine collectors have been considered collateral damage in Select's latest attempt to mitigate the sneakerbots. Don't necessarily disagree with it, just interesting.

I suppose you can argue over the definition of a 'collector'. Complaints like 'I ordered a box of Brilliance last year and now my Gem has been cancelled' are hard to have too much sympathy for when most of us here probably have 50+ Select orders over the years.
I don't even want to look at my past orders. I'd have the house paid off

Anyone opening these is a degen bum ;)

Commons will end up $10 each. Hell, even the rubies will settle $120 odd.

It's turning into breakers delight

I feel like you may be undervaluing the market conditions and checklist. There's been no new release for nearly six months, no premium release for even longer, and full team sets are both achievable and affordable.

Many of these cards will be highly sought after. My main criticism is if they can include rookies like Sheezel, Ashcroft and Hollands I'd like to have seen a few more guys like Phillipou, Ginbey and Cadman.

Look I have no doubt you'll easily make your money back @ $614 in the opening week, and likely make some if you're lucky.

But it's getting harder and harder to justify opening now. I've always opened, kept the Tigers cards and sold/traded the rest and did really well with Brilliance and Supremacy.

But it's so risky now. I could easily sell my 2 boxes for $1000 profit and use said profits on the Bolton Signature OR I could open them both and get nothing.

maybe it is the economical conditions we are in and not as many people were willing to splash out the $600
but the melts are at a minimum,unlike the last few previous releases
will be interesting viewing the single's market once box's begin to be busted
Yes will be aiming for some cards I like in the set. That’s what I tend to do now I still collect everything but rarely if ever finish sets as there is so much now. But also means there is always something to buy too.

I’m a bum then lol

Anyone opening this stuff...

Rotum GIF by South Park

Daicos signature will start at $10 th in my imo may sell for low to mid thousands though in reality. I also don’t look at the checklist anymore I want some surprises in fact next time Select do the unveiling I might not watch it.Showing my age but that was the best part of opening Scanlens cards you had no idea what they would look like until you opened the first pack. Wonder what surprises Gem boxes will have ?

Last edited:
Look I have no doubt you'll easily make your money back @ $614 in the opening week, and likely make some if you're lucky.

But it's getting harder and harder to justify opening now. I've always opened, kept the Tigers cards and sold/traded the rest and did really well with Brilliance and Supremacy.

But it's so risky now. I could easily sell my 2 boxes for $1000 profit and use said profits on the Bolton Signature OR I could open them both and get nothing.
I will always be collector in fact I haven’t sold a card for about 15 yrs. I also couldn’t imagine selling an unopened box either. But no doubt there is quick money to be made now on the higher end releases especially with boxes so understand why people sell their boxes unopened

I will always be collector in fact I haven’t sold a card for about 15 yrs. I also couldn’t imagine selling an unopened box either. But no doubt there is quick money to be made now on the higher end releases especially with boxes so understand why people sell their boxes unopened
I have sold like 3 boxes of prestige. I have the rest of it.

I struggle to part with sealed stuff. It either gets opened or sits on the shelf

I have sold like 3 boxes of prestige. I have the rest of it.

I struggle to part with sealed stuff. It either gets opened or sits on the shelf
The good thing is if you feel inclined or need to pay a bill you can sell them at your leisure

Really ,mine wouldn’t she would say, BYE ,here I will help you package them up 😝
Currently sitting at:

2021 Supremacy
2021 Supremacy Rookie
2022 Supremacy Rookie
2022 Optimum
2022 Brilliance
2022 Prestige
2023 GEM

My goal now is to get a couple of each release and hold em. I live vicariously through my friends who open and collect.

I should check mine even my cards. A few yrs back not footy related I remember buying a young upcoming Serbian rookie signature card It was about 2006 or 7 and Australian Open was on and I thought I like this player.
1689564862657.gif
Sure enough it was there ,paid $30 for it lol

I think it's very interesting that genuine collectors have been considered collateral damage in Select's latest attempt to mitigate the sneakerbots. Don't necessarily disagree with it, just interesting.

I suppose you can argue over the definition of a 'collector'. Complaints like 'I ordered a box of Brilliance last year and now my Gem has been cancelled' are hard to have too much sympathy for when most of us here probably have 50+ Select orders over the years.
Doesn’t seem overly interesting to me. 1500 boxes for sale, 7,000 people trying to buy them. Instant cancelations are done by the system not by human intervention. The system could cancel an order for a number of reasons. Could be based on payment methods, geo location, account history tags, using specific links etc.

The fact of the matter is supply outstrips demand, on that basis people will always miss out. The company clear does what it can to maximise the “legitimate” orders getting through whilst restricting the ones they don’t want to get through.

Will some genuine Orders get cancelled - YES
Will some dodgy orders get through - YES
Have they managed to reduce the problem on an ongoing basis - YES
Will people still complain regardless of outcomes - YES, it’s human nature.

I’ve seen multiple stories on Facebook of members of the card community whose orders were auto cancelled. They opened a customer service ticket and their cancelation was reviewed and they were then issued a box. I’d be more concerned with the ppl complaining their order got canceled but then not contacting select….they must have something to hide.

As with anything in life, the human condition thrives on negativity. People would prefer to promote the bad outcomes as opposed to the positive stories.

Back
Top Bottom