2023 NRL Elite Official Thread

Start of season I was expecting Liam Martin / Taylan May for Panthers' League Sensation and Young Gun. Still expect a Martin sig, he's the only established player yet to get one, but I would love a sig (or any Panthers card really) of Scott Sorensen. Such a machine. Young Gun bound to be Turuva, or maybe Hosking.

I hope the 9-card set gets shaken up a little, so a few players can get their first mojo.

As a Titans fan YG would be great for Keano Kini - while League Sensations quite obviously everyone's favourite Titan - AJ Brimson.

But I hear you @MJD (nice place Palmy by the way - grew up 40 mins from there) would be good to get the 9-card team shaken a little. As a new break participant seeing effectively the same players over-and-over year in year out featured on all different versions of cards coming out gets a bit boring.

I will take a stab at that one.

$10 per packet for minimal new content, going backwards in design (think LST) and heavy WNRL content.
I think it's time to give the NRLW their own NRL card release.

I absolutely support the NRLW, but the harsh reality is that they devalue the overall Elite product. Everyone knows the feeling of seeing a signature card or better, then realising it's a Titans or a Warriors or a Bulldogs, and your gut just sinks with disappointment. It's the same here. It's so difficult to use them in trades as the values are very different in comparison like for like, and unless you get in early, also hard to sell them without reducing the price to a ridiculously low level.

Giving the the NRLW their own release means they can bring the cost of the Elite product down again to a more affordable level. If TLA wanted to keep the pricing where it is, they would have scope to introduce some different options in the release. For the NRLW, it would mean an opportunity to promote and have people invest in their own brand which is really what they need.

I'd consider substituting the Rivalry release for the NRLW then using Origin cards in the Elite release. I realise the timing around Origin and an Elite release doesn't necessarily align (eg its hard to have 2023 Origin in 2023 Elite), but they could include a redemption type card for the release and have the actual cards printed later, similar to what they have done with the Dolphins set in Traders this year.

Back
Top Bottom