2022-23 NBA MVP Race - Who are we all feeling and why?

TheCardExperience

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jamie
COMC User
jamiewy77
This has been an incredible year (so far) for the MVP race. There's a story for each of the top 10-12 guys.
We have a few clear leaders at the moment who will be hard to beat but we also have a few new comers that are in the conversation probably a year or two earlier than expected.

Here's how my MVP Race has tracked this year on a rough timeline:
- "Luka Doncic has to win it, look at those numbers. WOW!"
- "Hang on, Jayson Tatum is having his best year and the Celtics are actually winning! No one can beat him from here."
- "Man Giannis really is still the best player in the league. Maybe he could topple the others, I mean he definitely deserves it."
- "Okay Jokic is clearly the most underrated player of all time. He has to win it without a doubt. Best player, best teammate. I don't care what anyone says he deserves 3 straight MVP's! It's best player each year and not based on your past/future career legacy or rings. The media and podcast experts seem to push the 'he has no rings so he doesn't deserve it' agenda."

Then Luka puts up a crazy run of 50+ point games.
Then Zion and Ja decide to put their teams on their back.
Then Mitchell decides to score 71+
Then Durant does Durant things.

Oh and almost forgot to mention Embiid, who when healthy could be in the conversation too.

Seriously this season is CRAZY!

tldr; Who have you got for MVP at this point in time and why?

This is actually exactly perfect summing up of what I would've written about the season so far - nailed it!

Right now I'd give it to Jokic - screw the narrative - he's so good.

1. Jokic
2. Luka
3. Tatum
4. Giannis
5. Ja

east.JPG
west.JPG

I would be happy for Doncic to win MVP this year for something different although it looks like Jokic will get it again. Remember the days when the best players were Americans? I love the international power in the NBA right now, i'm following every minute an Aussie gets game time.

jokic will join rare company by getting 3x straight MVPs...interesting that of the 4 players (potentially) to maybe do it, 3 of them are centers, all in different era's.
doncic and giannis could make it harder, but really, is it even an argument? well, apparantly sportsbet think so, because hes not favorite and up until two days ago he was paying $5+...

Back
Top Bottom