2016/17 TnP A-league Trading Cards

Thanks for the update. Agree with @Diggaz TC comments.

So are we just getting another - oh well, but we won't be doing anything about it - approach, OR is TnP going to be doing something about it?

Quite a significant oversight imo - why release parallel cards if they are not complete.
Tap N Play should be providing replacement cards for the numbers missing - either a logo, or if they can not get that happening, then another player added to each team set.

They did the same thing with the 2014/15 Cricket when two cards were pulled from the common set & 1 from the inserts. No replacements just leaves holes in sets.

No excuse IMO - should be replacement cards like every other manufacturer does when they stuff it up....

Bugger, I hate collecting sets when there are errors and cards missing :(. Another set I can't/won't be going for unfortunately. It's hard enough to come to terms with the poor signatures on the Slater and Cahill cards, 3 auto's per case doesn't help. I'll just wait for the prices to drop before I buy a few odd bits and pieces.

Tap N Play should be providing replacement cards for the numbers missing - either a logo, or if they can not get that happening, then another player added to each team set.

They did the same thing with the 2014/15 Cricket when two cards were pulled from the common set & 1 from the inserts. No replacements just leaves holes in sets.

No excuse IMO - should be replacement cards like every other manufacturer does when they stuff it up....

TnP have done so many things right with this release - signatures, etc. Just frustrating that there are still issues that trip them up. Maybe using an international designer on this release didn't stretch to including logo cards.

As we know the 2014/15 cricket release was just very unfortunate timing with the passing of Phillip Hughes & TnP respecting the wishes of Cricket Australia. Replacement cards would have ideal as we are still responding to queries or needing to remind people that those cards are 'missing'. But not to be, and I can understand that.

Of course the issues with the 2014/15 a-league release are a completely different case all together - but let's not go there!

Hopefully TnP does offer a solution to this problem for this release, even if it just a case of being able to purchase sets of the parallel logo cards for members of OZCT for at a modest $ outlay, and with some proof of purchase, eg 5 - 10 packet wrappers for other buyers of the product.

TnP have done so many things right with this release - signatures, etc. Just frustrating that there are still issues that trip them up. Maybe using an international designer on this release didn't stretch to including logo cards.

As we know the 2014/15 cricket release was just very unfortunate timing with the passing of Phillip Hughes & TnP respecting the wishes of Cricket Australia. Replacement cards would have ideal as we are still responding to queries or needing to remind people that those cards are 'missing'. But not to be, and I can understand that.

Of course the issues with the 2014/15 a-league release are a completely different case all together - but let's not go there!

Hopefully TnP does offer a solution to this problem for this release, even if it just a case of being able to purchase sets of the parallel logo cards for members of OZCT for at a modest $ outlay, and with some proof of purchase, eg 5 - 10 packet wrappers for other buyers of the product.
I completely understand the pulling of the Phillip Hughes cards. Tap N Play should have IMO produced substitute cards for those spots (ie another player) no Official checklist cards were made, so not hard to produce say a Gurinder Sandhu ODI card to replace the Hughes one originally produced / planned.

Select have done this for years & before them Futera as well & now ESP too. They all have produced a "mail away card" to cover the error card or cards.

Select have done this for years & before them Futera as well & now ESP too. They all have produced a "mail away card" to cover the error card or cards.

Agree. Select even provided a complete set of new Essendon cards for their 2016 release following the ASADA/Court of Arbitration for Sport decision to ban players - and that wasn't even a Select card manufacturing issue.

How TnP choose to respond to this issue will be their litmus test as to how they compare with the other card manufacturers.

In an interesting twist, I opened up a case tonight and hit this. Obviously it got through by accident but that's technically a Silver Parallel of a Logo card :D

14996464_10210986302553465_1632547311_n.jpg

In an interesting twist, I opened up a case tonight and hit this. Obviously it got through by accident but that's technically a Silver Parallel of a Logo card :D

14996464_10210986302553465_1632547311_n.jpg

So basically an omission from the release based on a design problem that should have been picked up the proofing stage prior to printing, and then probably removed from the set following some form of quality checking during the packing phase.

So evidence of a clear intention for the set to contain parallel logo cards. Those cards not being in packs is not just an oversight.

So really have to now question the reason given by TnP as to why no parallel logo cards....

Just had confirmation from Tap N Play that there are NO parallel logo cards in the 2016/17 release.

The reason is that the 'Foiling Master' (with the circle in the middle) had a different design to the Logo cards.

.....as that design problem was clearly evident following the printing stage.

A problem that needs correcting. But that's up to TnP as to how they wish to deal with this, & buyers of these cards will form their own views based on what actions (if any) are taken.

Not having the parallel logo cards really is a shame and makes the set look incomplete.
I do like the look and feel of this release though.
20161109_202518-1.jpg

So...do all the player images match the names on the card for the Jets this release?

Any other errors found other than mmo6 v checklist ?

Not an error, but the signature listing might change if Topor-Stanley didn't sign before he left WSW.

As we know the signings were somewhat "fluid" in last season's release.

Based on TnP Facebook postings we are still yet to see any photos of signing from:

Carrusca (Ade Utd)
Risdon (Perth Glory)
Carney (Syd FC)
Topor-Stanley (WSW)

Note: Any non-signing at this stage will also likely impact on the sending of signature cards as part of the redemption process. So there may be delays.
@Diggaz TC tells me the Syd FC signature card is still pending.

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested attached is an excel version of the checklist

Change the file extension to xls when saving. The site wouldn't let me upload a file with a .xls extension

Attachments

• FFA Check List 2016-17.txt
    58 KB · Views: 178
WSW Redemption Sign card - what the latest

Attachments

• WSW redemption card.pdf
    134.8 KB · Views: 172
Have anyone heard any more about when the collector folders/albums for this release will be available?

Alternatively, has anyone seen them in retail outlet yet?, is so which ones?

Albums are now toward the 2nd week of December. The ship was caught in a typhoon and had to return to dock and cartage transferred to a new ship.
They will be in Australia on the 31st November, then will take a week or so for TnP to then ship out to dealers

Back
Top Bottom