2016/17 TnP A-league Trading Cards

Does this mean we have to buy 3 albums to get all three album cards or will they be available in packs ?

Unless something changes this year, the album cards are only available with the album. In previous years the card has been loose inside the wrapping so you can see what album card you are getting. Although that does sometimes result in a damaged card due to handling and packing issues. Again not sure if that will be the case this year, or if the card will be inside the album itself.

Often re-sellers & eBay have album cards available for individual sale, or as a set.

Maybe we have to wait for the albums to arrive to know what is going to happen this time around.

Doing the math in my head here but 450 cases x 10 boxes = 4500 boxes
9 Golds per box = 40,500 in total
200 players I think equals about 200 of each player. Makes them undervalued at $4.00 each

200 players I think equals about 200 of each player. Makes them undervalued at $4.00 each

Maybe, although some individual players and teams may be worth more.

But we also have to remember that at this stage it is impossible to complete a full set of silvers or golds as there is no team logo cards for those sets.
So the set is incomplete, and no word from TnP as to what they will or won't do to correct it.

So that needs to be factored into any pricing considerations I would suggest.

I think you need to assume the logo cards in silver and gold won't be completed/ printed . Obviously the design foil did not factor the impact on the logo . It does not look right and would need its own design. I am not sure the costs involved etc but a special run would be expensive to print and buy as a standalone set. Would be nice but not sure if it will eventuate

The gold cards I think at $4 are the price and my math calc/ probability shows that but it assumes dealers open all boxes. That does not happen

Oh I think $4.00 to $5.00 is the right price (although $6.00 is a regular occurance on eBay).
What I meant was, $4.00 for gold parallel that there is only 200 of, is cheap compares to a Signature which there is 80 or 100 of

I think you need to assume the logo cards in silver and gold won't be completed/ printed . Obviously the design foil did not factor the impact on the logo . It does not look right and would need its own design. I am not sure the costs involved etc but a special run would be expensive to print and buy as a standalone set. Would be nice but not sure if it will eventuate...

Absolutely...I have no doubt that nothing will be done as has been the norm. Although as you pointed out to me @Sergb previously there is no Grand Finalist case card for this release like last year.

So maybe an opportunity for a Ade Utd Grand Finalist card to be printed and maybe OZCT members, and other buyers of these cards, provided with an opportunity to get hold of it as part as some form of recognition of the problem and as a sign of some level of goodwill. But of course that would cost money to do as well!

TnP have produced special limited run cards for Card Fairs in recent years which is all well and good if you can get to that specific card fair and be one of the first 100 who buy some product. Limited production runs and the associated costs don't seem to be a problem to produce those cards when people are going to the coughing up the cash.

Need to keep in mind that based on past experience there may or may not be the same number of silvers/golds printed for all of the players. Collecting a whole set depends on the least available card.

What happens if there are albums lost due to the typhoon/recartage to another ship ? The way things have gone in the past you might find that one of the album cards ends up in short supply.

And remember also that agents that are supplied cards and not sold means often they are destroyed

So often the max production for signatures and folds are never realised

New TapnPlay website is now available...

Nicely spotted. :thumbsup:

http://www.tapnplay.net/

The news section of the webpage is interesting, with TnP now signing deals to produce cards for Netball Australia and ICC cricket. More products into the mix...this is going to get interesting...

image.jpeg

Nicely spotted. :thumbsup:

http://www.tapnplay.net/

The news section of the webpage is interesting, with TnP now signing deals to produce cards for Netball Australia and ICC cricket. More products into the mix...this is going to get interesting...

image.jpeg

So Cricket, A-League, Netball, ICC Cricket, some Motorsport, team sets etc......that's a lot of work to do in what is essentially a one man company........

So Cricket, A-League, Netball, ICC Cricket, some Motorsport, team sets etc......that's a lot of work to do in what is essentially a one man company........
As with any business hardest bit in expansion is creating the market or the workforce first.

As can't really build the workforce if you don't have the licenses to make the cards. While it's hard to make the cards if you don't have the workforce.

I'm sure the distributors will have a say and help in some way as they usually do, for that, they'll end up with all the nice patches too :whistle:

Hey guys if you are looking for boxes of these they are going for $104 a box, pm me for details (I'm not selling these just to clarify) . These are available for $104 anywhere in Australia from a local reseller.

Last edited:
As with any business hardest bit in expansion is creating the market or the workforce first.

As can't really build the workforce if you don't have the licenses to make the cards. While it's hard to make the cards if you don't have the workforce.

What I find most intriguing with all of this, is the Vision statement on the 'About Us' web page of their site....

"OUR VISION is to be the leading provider of Trading Cards and Game Cards in world sport by 2026."

Not sure at what point aspirational borders on fanciful...but I guess they have 10 years to make it so.

So maybe TnP could start with those missing silver and gold team logo cards....or maybe not seeking to be a "leading provider" just yet.

Speaking of missing cards, did the Mullen/Kantarovski card from last year get updated with a new card with the correct picture ?

Back
Top Bottom