2016/17 TnP A-league Trading Cards

That's definitely a CCM shirt, I believe with the Australian flag that it could be from one of their ACL kits. Will know for sure once someone hits a sponsorship patch what kit it's from.

I don't believe the Socceroos have ever had a Bright green goalkeeping kit (CCM have), from memory we've recently had Red, Black, Purple, Silver/Grey and Pink + of course there's no Socceroos kit with a CCM badge on it.

Sorry, don't agree. This patch card highlights a serious credibility issue from TnP.

Previous jersey cards, including Archie Thompson jersey from last year's release and Brett Lee BBL Sydney Sixers jersey, were specifically identified to the games they were worn in.

There is no reference that I can see on this patch card as to what game this jersey is from.

I understand from earlier posts about jersey cards that it is not easy to get the actual jersey off players and often it involved the card manufacturer having to pay for it.

But, if this was the best jersey possible that TnP could get their hand on then be honest & upfront and say so. Not list something on a sell sheet that is not the case.

I am more than happy to retract any of these comments if TnP provides a full image of the jersey used, and details of which actual Socceroos game Matt Ryan wore it in.

Confirmed its a Central Coast Mariners shirt from the ACL which I believe was acquired direct from the CCM.

I still don't get where the Australia flag is coming from:
central-coast-mariners-team-line-up-before-the-afc-champions-league-picture-id140871269

@Mike_K LOL. Well last time I checked (Woolies, Australia day) the flags were made in China lol.

The Aus flag on the jersey has quite an interesting story behind it. A fan was waving a mini Aus flag at the game when a Typhoon came and blew everything away, I mean everything folders and all, and with the right amount of humidity that mini flag somehow attached itself to Ryan's jersey.....

@Mike_K LOL. Well last time I checked (Woolies, Australia day) the flags were made in China lol.

The Aus flag on the jersey has quite an interesting story behind it. A fan was waving a mini Aus flag at the game when a Typhoon came and blew everything away, I mean everything folders and all, and with the right amount of humidity that mini flag somehow attached itself to Ryan's jersey.....

You guys are such conspiracy theorists..... I was sent this by Neil at Tap N Play after I raised this with him. Certified as Game Used in the ACL by the CCM.

IMG_5769.JPG

IMG_5771.JPG

Ryan.jpg

Never let the truth get in the way on a good yarn ;)

Cheers for that @Matt26 great to see your back in the good books with TNP too.

Btw 9/11 was an inside job :lol:

Last edited:
Conspiracy theorist? - yep but just like the X-Files - the truth is out there!

Happy to stand corrected. Thanks for the follow up @Matt26

Although I would still suggest this is not the patch card that people were expecting, nor led to believe would be part of this release based on the sell sheet.

However i am led to believe that the typhoon also blew away all the gold & silver team logo cards :rofl:

I'm very disappointed with my Mat Ryan patch card. I have number 3/100 and the patch is blue with Chinese lettering. I was expecting a Socceroos jersey patch. The signature is very poor as well.

I'm not sure who to blame. Tap'n'Play? Or, the FFA for allowing Tap'n'Play to distribute such a poor jersey card? Probably the latter. The FFA should be doing everything to protect their brands and this card doesn't do that.

Any complaints should go directly to the FFA. Any volunteers?

I'm very disappointed with my Mat Ryan patch card. I have number 3/100 and the patch is blue with Chinese lettering. I was expecting a Socceroos jersey patch. The signature is very poor as well.

I'm not sure who to blame. Tap'n'Play? Or, the FFA for allowing Tap'n'Play to distribute such a poor jersey card? Probably the latter. The FFA should be doing everything to protect their brands and this card doesn't do that.

Can you post a picture of the card please?

I would if I could but don't know how. I'm a bit of a troglodyte nowadays.
Use your phone.
1. Navigate to ozcardtrader page and find this thread
2. Push the "Post reply" button (bottom right hand side of the page)
3. Step Upload file and then choose file
4. select Camera and take a picture and press ok.

That would be from the 'Tibet Springs' spring water logo that is on the middle of his jersey.

Seems to be a fair few people upset by this release. This is why I stick to buying quality soccer releases to avoid feeling ripped off by the low quality & errors of these cards.

Surely there are some quality assurance &/or minimum standard guidelines set in place?

Recently, I said to a friend on this website that maybe my expectations were too high. I don't know. Because I've only been collecting A-League soccer cards for a short time compared to most of you guys.

Surely there are some quality assurance &/or minimum standard guidelines set in place?

Recently, I said to a friend on this website that maybe my expectations were too high. I don't know. Because I've only been collecting A-League soccer cards for a short time compared to most of you guys.

As Matt mentioned here previously, TNP are a one man show. So I guess any quality control or guide lines would be non- existent. I don't believe your expectations are high, Select mad some great releases in the past as did SEP. The perfect scenario would be for the A-League cards to be made by Topps, Panini or Futera.

Seems like the distributors themselves don't really care much too, funny thing is non of them seem to collect these products, maybe that says it all.

Wow! A one man show. I didn't know that. Poor bugger! He probably thinks we're being ungrateful. Overall, I think this season's cards are good. It's just that the Mat Ryan patch card did not achieve its full potential.

Maybe some of us could volunteer to help out next year? Do we have a group of collectors that Tap'n'Play &/or the FFA consult with regarding each season's A-League cards?

Wow! A one man show. I didn't know that. Poor bugger! He probably thinks we're being ungrateful. Overall, I think this season's cards are good. It's just that the Mat Ryan patch card did not achieve its full potential.

Maybe some of us could volunteer to help out next year? Do we have a group of collectors that Tap'n'Play &/or the FFA consult with regarding each season's A-League cards?

They do receive advice from various people, the only problem is, they actually don't collect soccer cards!

Back
Top Bottom