2015 AFL Season Discussion

I'll enjoy the win, but yeah its Carlton. Freo's next and that's a good test of where West Coast are at. I don't think it'll be pretty.

Carlton and the Suns are playing some of the most insipid football I've seen.

A stunning finish at the MCG, Essendon beating Hawthorn in a heart-stopper by 2 points on the scoreboard and 2 seconds on the time clock! A great last quarter of footy, I am pleased for the Essendon players - the ONLY victims in the ongoing drug saga.

As for Geelong....not sure yet. They play Gold Coast (home), North Melbourne (home), Richmond (MCG) and Collingwood (MCG) in the next month and should probably win 3 of those at least. The cats just look a bit uncertain with their ball use and the Hawkins/Clark pairing is not working as yet.

as a carlton member just have to be honost here and say we stink at the moment we are the same team we were 4 years ago no improvement . Bryce gibbs get a haircut you too menzel ok rant over

I've watched almost every Fremantle game for the last 6 or so years and I saw what was probably the greatest first half and worst last quarter in that time. That match should have been a seventy-eighty point victory and we only win by 5 goals! I understand preserving the players and all but surely we could try in the last quarter and not get overran by a team that I don't think will play finals this year. And now your apparently allowed to take the ball over the boundary line and still have a shot for goal. If there are any lifelong Collinwood fans are on here I now understand your frustration at bad umpiring on the boundary line (1979 Grand Final).

Mark Robinson, the man that has spent 3 years trying to kill ASADA and AFL's case against Essendon, now digs it back up to start a crusade against Gold Coast and the AFL.

Watching this Richmond vs Melbourne game right now. I know its raining now but before the rain hit the skills were just terrible. So many turn overs, missed easy shots on goal, kicks nowhere near targets when no pressure applied. Both teams are so far off the Hawks, Swans and Dockers right now. And watching Jack Watts, the poor guy has so much pressure on him. He is dropping marks, not hitting targets, always looks under pressure, and I don't know how many times I've seen him just running around the outside of a pack looking for an easy ball. The guy just doesn't look like a footballer right now. He was a number 1 pick and very highly rated as a junior so I know he must have skill, but just doesn't look like he should be holding his spot in the team.

I'm watching the Tigers vs Dees game too. 3 quarter time at the moment and I hope the Dees get up. Paul Roos is a bloody good coach.

Even with as much help as the ump gave them, the Tigers still couldn't make an impact.

One day someone is going to snot Dustin Martin and I won't blame them.

Isn't footy great? Last night we saw two games - one starting an hour after the other - that saw the home team explode out of the blocks and jump to a huge lead, followed by a withering fightback from the opposition, only for the hosts to settle in the dying minutes and cling to victory.

Looking forward to Geelong v North for perverse reasons - the loser will be 1-3 and in trouble regarding a top four finish. Really looking forward to Bulldogs vs Adelaide, I think it might be a high-scoring shoot-out.

What does everyone think about the Alastair Clarkson vs Port fan incident on Saturday night? Channel Seven Adelaide filed a ludicrous and near-defamatory news report on the issue, claiming that Clarko "assaulted" the bloke they even resorted to interviewing the mother of a coward-punch victim, as if to compare the two acts.

What does everyone think about the Alastair Clarkson vs Port fan incident on Saturday night? Channel Seven Adelaide filed a ludicrous and near-defamatory news report on the issue, claiming that Clarko "assaulted" the bloke they even resorted to interviewing the mother of a coward-punch victim, as if to compare the two acts.
Interesting one; while players and coaches should try to avoid physical contact with fans while in public, I think Clarkson had the right to defend himself. The fan was clearly being unreasonable and aggravating him, and Clarko after a close loss had probably had enough and just had a split-second brain fade. I think reprimand him, tear up the fan's membership for this year (if he was a Port member) and leave it at that.

Meanwhile on Lygon St...

judd-lygon-628.jpg

Essendon meth head tries to fight Chris Judd

When you get people who are not quite "right" upstairs and a rabid media looking for sensationalism in every corner, it is no wonder that these sorts of incidents occur. People are encouraged and almost goaded into grabbing their 15 minutes of fame because there is ALWAYS a camera present.

Bloody hell, did the West Coast Eagles break a mirror while walking under a ladder with a black cat in the off-season?

Now Josh Kennedy is going to have surgery on his elbow and is expected to miss the remainder of the season.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...l=Fox Feed - Elbow could end Kennedy’s season

Absolutely ridiculous luck injury-wise at West Coast, and there is a similarly long list at Brisbane as well.

That story conflicts with the one posted later in the day on afl.com.au

Scans inconclusive, he's not carrying the arm in a sling, and hasn't been ruled out for this weekend pending a test later in the week.

But yeah, would be a massive blow, so fingers crossed.

Well Kennedy has been named in the 25 man squad, and I'm not surprised the source of this story that he's destined for the knife is Kim Hagdorn, the biggest waste of space and time in all of football reporting.

Back
Top Bottom