Rusty Nail

Still a big kid!!!
Real Name
Neil
eBay User
dawsonneil
COMC User
NeilD
Did a break with a new guy in the US, his feedback was pretty good so I thought give it a go, as it was cheap, and use the COMC mailbox for any hits. Didn't do too bad with a Ravens Arthur Brown Extra Points auto /100 and then a nice Manti Te'o Draft Tickets on card auto as well. Will post some piccies when they arrive. in the meantime this is what they should will look like.
Manti Prestige.JPG

Brown Prestige.JPG

Nice ! I really need to start looking at more breakers now that Al and Jon have gone quiet...one good thing is the ol paypal hasn't been taking the battering it was !

Has anyone got a shipment from the COMC mailbox yet ?

Trevor, haven't had a shipment from COMC yet but have had a couple of deliveries to it from a couple of breaks. Liveboxbreaks.net I am finding is OK, if a little quick on the opening, ie just looking for the hits and inserts. There are obviously heaps on Ebay now I have the COMC mailbox with a few offering free shipping which obviously helps.

Still no word from Al on any breaks which is disappointing especially with the money we have spent with him, may have to request a refund if nothing happens this week as well as chasing up all the stuff he is holding from our group break and others. I know I have an Anquan Boldin auto in there somewhere from when he was a Raven!!

I have had a couple items shipped to my COMC mailbox, but has not been processed yet. Due for processing 23rd July with everything then being available to ship on again from 30th I think.

Trevor, haven't had a shipment from COMC yet but have had a couple of deliveries to it from a couple of breaks. Liveboxbreaks.net I am finding is OK, if a little quick on the opening, ie just looking for the hits and inserts. There are obviously heaps on Ebay now I have the COMC mailbox with a few offering free shipping which obviously helps.

Still no word from Al on any breaks which is disappointing especially with the money we have spent with him, may have to request a refund if nothing happens this week as well as chasing up all the stuff he is holding from our group break and others. I know I have an Anquan Boldin auto in there somewhere from when he was a Raven!!

Yeah will have to look at this COMC thing, especially in light of what Ebay's new BS overseas fedex shipping thing is doing to prices. $32 to get stuff here ?? What a load of BS !! Sadly I had to pay it once on a NASCAR card that was half of a patch I already had the first part of, but really not something I ever want to do again...total con job !

Another side of the delayed breaks with Al is they're probably not even worth what we paid for them now as the hype of the new product has well and truly gone and the box prices have likely dropped ! Just glad my outstanding purchases are all PC stuff, would have hated to be speculating on cards for resale purposes !

I have used the COMC thing to pick up a couple nice cheap old school Raider autos for the PC I wouldn't normally buy also has the shipping on the cards would normally not make it worthwhile. Plus a Miles Burris 1/1 I would have missed out as they were not willingly to ship out of the USA :thumbsup:

Does sound like it could be a great thing for us OS guys...

Do they confirm with you what has arrived....my concern would be with consolidating your buys that by the time you get something that is wrong or damaged in hand you're out of your feedback window ??

And you can choose to either get the delivery processed straght away (they do either One Week or One Day) with a minimum charge of $5 (I think this is the charge when you wait the month).

Interesting. So if I read it right, processing that parcel would have cost $5...and then the shipping to here would be $3 flat rate plus another $1 at .25 per card "handling" and you have the initial shipping from the seller to COMC at a couple of bucks ?? You'd probably have to ensure you're getting a number of parcels in a given processing period to really make the most of it...still it stacks up better than the Ebay $32 !!

You pay 50c per card processing, once per month unless you want the quick turnaround, (with a minimum $5 charge so anything under 10 cards is still $5) then flat rate shipping. Other obvious benefit is that we get access to more stuff from sellers who won't ship to Aus/NZ as Shannan says

Interesting. So if I read it right, processing that parcel would have cost $5...and then the shipping to here would be $3 flat rate plus another $1 at .25 per card "handling" and you have the initial shipping from the seller to COMC at a couple of bucks ?? You'd probably have to ensure you're getting a number of parcels in a given processing period to really make the most of it...still it stacks up better than the Ebay $32 !!

Yes $5 for processing. But if you are buying a bunch of PC items and in no rush you can just wait the month or so and pay the $5 just once for COMC to process all the shipments all at once. I'm not sure how the new shipping costs work anymore though for all the shipping from COMC as I have not shipped with them in a while. But I am pretty sure the $3 flat rate is correct, but not sure about the extra $1 and I am pretty sure the $0.25 "handling fee" is only when buying cards from the site and is now incorporated within their sale price? Plus I have found a lot of sellers offer free shipping within the USA or is only about $2.50 max generally.

Just have to be careful with box breaks though as I have had one package that contained 19 base cards that I asked the seller not to send. I emailed COMC to ask if they could dispose of them rather than process at 50c each. They were pretty quick in replying to say you can donate any unwanted cards to their charity collection if you so wish. Hopefully they won't get so big that the customer service drops off as at present they are ticking all the right boxes.

Just have to be careful with box breaks though as I have had one package that contained 19 base cards that I asked the seller not to send. I emailed COMC to ask if they could dispose of them rather than process at 50c each. They were pretty quick in replying to say you can donate any unwanted cards to their charity collection if you so wish. Hopefully they won't get so big that the customer service drops off as at present they are ticking all the right boxes.

I didn't realise it was $0.50 a card. I thought it was just $5.00 minimum to process - depending on processing time you wanted. Just found more info I didn't see previously and makes more sense now!

Looks like you are pretty close. Reading the Q&A here http://blog.comc.com/2013/05/17/announcing-the-comc-mailbox-service/ I now see how it works better. In reply to how much it would cost to ship 50 cards by someone in Taiwan, their answer was:
...the total fee would be $40.50
$0.50/card for processing = $25
$0.25/card to ship them after they’ve been processed = $12.50
$3.00 flat shipping fee

So it's not too bad I guess when often the shipping to COMC in itself is $2.50 (or in some cases free). I normally pay $6-$10 shipping for one card to here in NZ (I am guessing Aussie is the same) with some sellers insisting on $20 plus for a card that in itself is $20 or less!

The other bonus is you don't have to ship right away either. You can keep them in your COMC account and ship them a couple months later when you have a nice bulk lot, or if they are from a break can then sell them on COMC itself.

Trying something a little different, have found an Ebay seller doing breaks by player and insert. The guy is opening 2 Master cases of 2012 Certified (48 boxes) was selling by the checklist so Immortals, New Generation, etc etc, including any parallels. managed to pick up Tommy Streeter for the Ravens, Melvin Ingram and Ladarius Green from the Chargers for 99c each, though i must be in with a chance of at least getting my moneys worth in 48 boxes. He is doing a baseball one next but will keep an eye out if any one else interested.

Link to one of the auctions won for info if anybody is keen next time

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251308908714?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Back
Top Bottom