2013 Official State of Origin Thread ***Spoilers***

ooneil

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Owen
I have NSW winning 3-0.

Queensland are old, injured and their players are out of form.

This guy will absolutely monster QLD and be man of the series.
00079887-thumbnail.jpg

Discuss.

Unfortunately QLD will win again. I don't rate Laurie as any form of coach besides being a "good bloke". Don't think Meninga much better but with his team he hasn't needed to be. Think NSW one prop short too.
Might win game 3 when down 2-0 but that be it.
Hope Im wrong
Darren

Michael Jennings is gonna give Queensald major headaches this series. 2-1 NSW is my tip.

hmm i hope fifita gets good minutes. honestly the less gallen plays the better, he is tough, but he is under this misconception that he must have the ball once in every bloody play. when the sharks have shown the last few weeks that they are better without him.

im tipping NSW. qld backs are too good but thurstons having a shit season, slater hasnt set the world on fire either, then again we picked ferguson so we are obviously struggling

It wil be another tight and tough series, NSW have a quality side but I think again it will come down to experience. As cool as Maloney is at club level he is un-tested at origin level and as everyone knows it is a whole new ball game. QLD 2-1, Inglis will score a couple but will be contained to some extent as Morris is an excellent defensive centre.

I think it will be 2-1 eIther way. I think Pearce over Reynolds is a terrible mistake and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the call up for game 2.
Fifita better be getting around 60 mins a game.

I put a few bets on tonight the first game tonight,

Jennings first try
Jennings man of the match
Pearce man of the match
Half time draw/nsw full time

Like I know we will give QLD a shake but how are we such heavy favourites?

Because Joey told Tom Waterhouse that there throwing the game ;)

But seriously i dont understand it either, Even though i am a biased Queenslander i still think we deserve favouritism, surely the fact Teo and JT have clouds over them in regards to them being 100% mentally and physically surely thats not enough to effect the price :/

NSW always favourites due to larger bets from nsw people betting with their heart.
Less people and gamblers in qld,

NSW 2-1 Greg Bird man of the match.....

And am I the only person hopeful of a decent stink in the game?

Love to see 3rd man Thaiday come in and get sat on his backside!

My prediction is that if it is dry NSW will start fast and out muscle in the 1st half of game one and it will be 12-6 (NSW up) at half time and 18 10 at full time. 2nd half NSW will have to defend and try and get a 12 point lead before QLD try to do there predictable come back. This is where Laurie will have to keep some key substitutes to offset the attack and counter with a try.

Now if it rains it will advantage QLD and there will be a grind and kick game and if QLD kick as accurately as they have in the past NSW will have a tough time of it as Billy has much better positional play compared with Hayne. GO NSW we are slightly overdue :thumbsup:

NSW 2-1 Greg Bird man of the match.....

And am I the only person hopeful of a decent stink in the game?

Love to see 3rd man Thaiday come in and get sat on his backside!

The problem will be that the refs will send off a NSW player for 10mins and QLD will get a slap on the wrist as per normal.
What i would like to see is Thaiday put on his backside like Petro was last year.

What i would also like to see is the same rules for both sides.

Back
Top Bottom