2013 ESP Elite NRL Cards Thread (Updated 5/8/13)

them keeping the #001's hasnt bothered me half as much as the inconsistency with the textas used. surely that has to be pissing you all off too?

theres at least 4 different ones been used. some like myles barba slater have the thin then theres the in between that buderus, shillo, prince have used and then theres johnsons and millers future star that are different again. thats ridiculous in my opinion, thats what ruined the set for me, i had planned to try for the master, now im left not wanting a single card other than the triple threats.

Mate i agree, i have a nice thick shaun johnson then a thin patrick templeman that if i rubbed i rekon it would disappear its so thin.

Just for fun.;)

You can just about always get an alternative not necessarily incorrect answer doing maths although it may not be correct due to it being based on subjective un-clarified variables and assumptions. :confused:

Lets look at it this way; If ESP say the League Sensations are 1 in 72 pack (I haven't actually seen this myself just going on what I've been reading it certainly doesn't state ratios on the checklist) then there should be 130 signatures x 16 players = 2080 signature cards.

So 2080 signature cards x 72 packs = 149760 packs.

149760 with 24 packs in a box = 6240 boxes.

6240 boxes divided by 10 boxes to a case = 624 cases.

576 cases sold out of 624 = 48 cases left over.

48 cases x 240 packs = 11520 packs

11520 packs divided by our 1/72 ratio means 160 League Sensations sigs in starter packs and albums.

I trust you have found this completely useless like most of the maths I learnt as a kid and at Uni.

Cheers
Ross

Just for fun.;)

You can just about always get an alternative not necessarily incorrect answer doing maths although it may not be correct due to it being based on subjective un-clarified variables and assumptions. :confused:

Lets look at it this way; If ESP say the League Sensations are 1 in 72 pack (I haven't actually seen this myself just going on what I've been reading it certainly doesn't state ratios on the checklist) then there should be 130 signatures x 16 players = 2080 signature cards.

11520 packs divided by our 1/72 ratio means 160 League Sensations sigs in starter packs and albums.

I trust you have found this completely useless like most of the maths I learnt as a kid and at Uni.

Cheers
Ross

Similar to my math on the last page, the ratios add up even without the #001's and the 2500 packets on albums etc.

Didn't say its ok. Just that it happens and you're kidding yourself if you think it doesn't. I respect your opinion and am just stating mine. Kicking up a fuss on a forum won't change a thing though as their product is still going to sell out very quickly and that is what matters to any business.

I've made my choice to look at this release as a good one and not get hung up on what I perceive to be minor imperfections. You clearly perceive them differently and that's cool. Each to their own.

I think if enough people write to them then they will listen. Or we might at least get an explanation as to why they are keeping the number ones. I wasn't actually expecting them to come on here and read this forum ...

If they keep lying to us about what they're releasing then their product sure won't keep selling out. I sure won't be pre-ordering from them again, or even buying boxes again, and I think going by this thread quite a few feel the same.

Ross is pretty much spot on with his numbers. There were around ~650 cases worth produced. 576 full cases were sold between Ikon and the Newsagents. The rest were used for starter packs and albums.

Not so sure about that, I wrote a scathing letter to the NRL Licensing area detailing all my concerns as a collector to the things I was seeing and hearing. My letter (email) was just forwarded to ESP and their Manager sent me a WTF email asking why I had done that.

Dave, it probably did not help you that Terry used to work at the NRL in licencing.

Only math I've worked out is that I paid $115 for some base, some boring parallels, 3 triple threats and 1 Aussie rep card.
i was similar paid $140 and all i had was a silver f&f to show for it,

Decided to try again spent $90 on 15 packets pulled 3 sigs and a gold. Cant give up after 1 bad break

Just for fun.;)

Cheers
Ross

I'm going to have another bottle of wine.... My heads spinning with all these numbers......:blink:

Back
Top Bottom