2012 AFL Dream Team-OCT Comp.

RunItBackPodcast

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Marco
Toyota AFL Dream Team returns for Season 2012 with an all-new competition on Feb 1st!!! I know OCT ran a competition last year, should we do something similar again this year?

Would anyone be keen on a $5 or $10 buy-in, and having cash prizes for the top 3 place getters?

Less than 3 weeks before it opens - I'm excited!!

INTERESTED MEMBERS:

1. Marco
2. Ultimate TC
3. Crows2010
4. Siladee
5. NewYorkKnicks87
6. Jefferson
7. 4wdextreme
8. ScottE
9. theums16
10. Dalbs
11. footypugs2011
12. drob50
13. bo3197
14. ooneil
15. benj
16. Matty83
17. vansan
18. Metamorphic mac

Reserves

(I'm thinking leagues might be 18 teams this year)

How would we arrange for the buy in to work...

Would we nominate a site administrator to hold the funds (so all entrants paypal $amount TBD) to the admin, and then at the conclusion of the season, the top 3 finishers - using overall rankings - get returns?

If it was $5 buy in (which isn't unreasonable) - it could return something along the lines of:
- $50 to the winner,
- $20 to the runner up,
- $10 for third place.

I think it could be a winner - with good returns for the place-getters, and a relatively cheap by in for everyone.

I'll be the last person running a SC comp ... scewing results based on what quarter it is just doesn't sit well with me...... a goal in the opening minute should be worth the same points as the match winning goal in the last 30 seconds.

The system is also weighted to around 3300, meaning scores are adjusted throughout the game.

Classic example - in a game this year, Stephen Hill went possession-less in the final quarter, gave away a free kick, but his total score increased... how? A crap quarter deserved -3 in DT, but got a +12 or something in SC. Pass.

leagues are 18 teams this year

so it could be

$50
$30
$10

I'd possibly be in for the $5 buy-in.... is it for overall points or league win because I might not do it if it screws with my team strategy

leagues are 18 teams this year

so it could be

$50
$30
$10

I'd possibly be in for the $5 buy-in.... is it for overall points or league win because I might not do it if it screws with my team strategy
Like the 50, 30, 10 prizes.

And it'd be for highest teams in the overall competition.

Back
Top Bottom