2011 NBA Offseason Rumours & Info

Lakers' Star Caught Breaking the Law

------------------------------------------------------

BREAKING: Derrick Williams Signs With Under Armour

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaq takes swipe at Bosh, references Miami's 'Big Two'

Read more: Shaq takes swipe at Bosh, references Miami's 'Big Two' - NBA - Sporting News

---------- Post added 21-07-2011 at 09:29 AM ----------

1 min ago on twitter

@MagicJohnson
Earvin Magic Johnson
I'll be making a big announcement in Detroit tomorrow...

---------- Post added 21-07-2011 at 09:36 AM ----------

@MagicJohnson
Earvin Magic Johnson
Look forward to help putting people back to work in my home state.

@thechrispalmer
chris palmer
Former Olympic gold medalist Marion Jones has been cut by the WNBA’s Tulsa Shock.

---------- Post added 22-07-2011 at 09:48 AM ----------

@MagicJohnson
Earvin Magic Johnson
Jordan was the greatest in the air & Larry the greatest on the ground (because he can't jump-ha).

What else is new for Bynum. Guys a complete moron!

BYNUM_IS_SCUM.gif

Nice GIF Luke.

Why wouldn't Bynum just block his shot instead of a cheap shot? Maybe the same excuse of the knee's are hurting.

@daldridgetnt
David Aldridge
NBA releases 11-12 audit of finances. BRI up to $3.817M last yr, player comp up to $2.176B (both up 4.8%). But league will say this shows expenses are growing ahead of revenues. May be true. But other, non-salary expenses (fuel costs 4 charters) are growing even faster.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@LarryCoon
Larry Coon
Okay, with the information I have on hand now, my latest estimates: Salaries = $2.015 billion; Benefits = $135 million, Escrow = $161.2 mil,so players get the entire escrow fund, plus a supplemental check for $26 million. That outta tide them over for a little while.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@DraftExpress
Jonathan Givony
CBA league in China started in mid-December last year. Starts a month earlier this season, which expedites things for locked out NBA players

@DraftExpress
Jonathan Givony
NBA players will be expected to land about 6 weeks before CBA season, around late September. European training camps start a month earlier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@hoopshype
HoopsHype.com
Rumors: Scola would rather play in China than in Europe. HoopsHype - NBA Rumors

NEW YORK -- One month after the NBA lockout began, the heavy hitters will finally be back at the bargaining table Monday.

Commissioner David Stern, union director Billy Hunter and their top lieutenants have agreed to resume collective bargaining discussions, sources told ESPN.com Wednesday, for the first time since talks broke down hours before NBA owners imposed a lockout July 1, shutting down the league for the first time since the summer of 1998.

The sides remain far apart on the parameters of a new deal, but the decision to meet face-to-face again is one of the first possible signs of progress after four weeks of stagnancy.

Aside from Stern and Hunter, the meeting is expected to include NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver, players association president Derek Fisher and Peter Holt of the San Antonio Spurs, the head of the owners
negotiating committee.

When the sides last met on June 30, the players offered a six-year agreement in which they would cut their take of basketball-related income (BRI) from 57 percent to 54.6 percent -- or $100 million per year over the six years.

Owners are seeking a 10-year agreement with a hard salary cap, and their most recent proposal targeted paying the players at least $2 billion in salaries in each of the 10 seasons.

Players have argued that their cut of BRI would be cut from 57 percent to less than 40 percent under the owners' most recent proposal, while owners have maintained they need fundamental financial changes to an operating system in which they claim 22 of the league's 30 teams lost money last season. The union disputes that contention.

Attorneys from the league office and the players' union met July 15 ago to conclude the annual BRI audit, and it was agreed that the sides desired to put the negotiations on a faster track than they were on during the 1998 labor dispute, when nearly seven weeks elapsed between the last pre-lockout negotiating session and the first bargaining session after the imposition of the work stoppage. But that dispute was not settled until late-January of 1999, forcing the cancellation of games because of a work stoppage for the first time in the league's history.

Last Friday, a number of prominent player agents met with Hunter and urged him to consider fast-tracking a move toward decertification, which would enable the player to sue the owners in federal court on anti-trust grounds. Hunter, however, prefers to await a ruling from the National Labor Relations Board on an unfair bargaining practices complaint the union filed earlier this year.

NBA, union to have first collective bargaining talks Monday, sources said - ESPN

I think it was Gilbert Arenas that said it, that the owners want the highest paid player in the league to be getting $13mil. That's ridiculous.

13 million!!! gees how are you going to feed the family on that sort of coin...thats sweat shop labor!!!! lol...i suppose the question one has to pose is any athlete worth a certain $$$ amount? where do you draw the line and how much is too much/not enough?? i personally dont think 13 million a season is terrilbe, thats 65 million over 5 years, for a young superstar they could sign 2-3 contracts like that and earn 130-195 million over the better part of their career, then endorsements, appearance fees etc bumps it up...

13 million!!! gees how are you going to feed the family on that sort of coin...thats sweat shop labor!!!! lol...i suppose the question one has to pose is any athlete worth a certain $$$ amount? where do you draw the line and how much is too much/not enough?? i personally dont think 13 million a season is terrilbe, thats 65 million over 5 years, for a young superstar they could sign 2-3 contracts like that and earn 130-195 million over the better part of their career, then endorsements, appearance fees etc bumps it up...

thats true, although nobody likes a $7 million dollar paycut

I think if you base the wages they earn on the income they create.... Then everything is fair. Just remember, if the players didn't get the pay cheques they did, could you imagine the wealth of some of the owners and other agencies including the NBA????????????????????????///

Yes the players earn more money then most of us could ever dream of earning but in contrast to the income they produce FOR OTHERS, it's all fair by scale if ya get what I mean! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom