2011 NBA FINALS - Dallas v Miami - SPOILERS within!

I read that article, and the comments under it. I guess its the flavour of the day to pay out on the Heat, but I find it ironic that the major league team that this team is affiliated with hasn't won a World Series, baseballs version of an NBA Championship, since 1908!!! I mean an affiliate of the Yankees, (most titles), or the Giants (last years champs, apparently...), fair enough. But a team who LITERALLY hasn't won in A HUNDRED YEARS??? Pot meet kettle... :lol:

He's done that every game and every 3 he hits, he wasn't doing it to be an arse it's just a thing be does like Terry doing the plane, is he being an arse?
What else did Stevenson say apart from the truth? I only heard that Lebron and Wade were floppers and great actors.
And obviously there is less scrutiny on him because he is nit a star. Unfair? Maybe. But that's the way it is.

I dunno, this media thing is such a double standard when it comes to the Heat. Like Deshawn can talk so much smack about Lebron and no one cares, but Wade or Lebron making fun (indirectly) of Dirk and the media crucifies them. This is really like how Kobe was the most hated ball hog (okay probably still is) and the media were really looking to blow up any feuds he had with Shaq or his teammates. The more I think about it, the more I realise what a farce this media circus really is by belting out stories and villifying the Heat. I mean, Deshawn was probably a bigger ar$3 than Wade and Lebron was the whole series, with the 3 goggles and the shoving match in G6,yet he's entitled to it? What,cos he's less talented and doesn't need to be as humble?

I dunno, this media thing is such a double standard when it comes to the Heat. Like Deshawn can talk so much smack about Lebron and no one cares, but Wade or Lebron making fun (indirectly) of Dirk and the media crucifies them. This is really like how Kobe was the most hated ball hog (okay probably still is) and the media were really looking to blow up any feuds he had with Shaq or his teammates. The more I think about it, the more I realise what a farce this media circus really is by belting out stories and villifying the Heat. I mean, Deshawn was probably a bigger ar$3 than Wade and Lebron was the whole series, with the 3 goggles and the shoving match in G6,yet he's entitled to it? What,cos he's less talented and doesn't need to be as humble?

You can't conduct yourself the way Lebum has over the past 12-18 months and not expect an enormous amount of scutiny. He wants the attention, so he damn well gets the attention.

He's done that every game and every 3 he hits, he wasn't doing it to be an arse it's just a thing be does like Terry doing the plane, is he being an arse?
What else did Stevenson say apart from the truth? I only heard that Lebron and Wade were floppers and great actors.
And obviously there is less scrutiny on him because he is nit a star. Unfair? Maybe. But that's the way it is.

That's the thing though. Deshawn can do the goggle and stroll cockily towards the Heat bench and get in Haslem's grille, Terry can jaw at Bron and the Heat and stare them down after doing the jet, and nobody says nothing about it. But when Wade leaves his hand up for that extra 5 seconds, he gets pounced on by the media for over-celebrating? Come on, that's just plain silly. If Bron had talked smack about Deshawn's game, the media would have a field day with Bron. And you said it, "there is less scrutiny on him because he is not a star". And that's the point, there's a lot of double standards for Heat and for the rest of the NBA. They are potrayed as being arrogant but when someone else does it, it's no big deal.

That's the thing though. Deshawn can do the goggle and stroll cockily towards the Heat bench and get in Haslem's grille, Terry can jaw at Bron and the Heat and stare them down after doing the jet, and nobody says nothing about it. But when Wade leaves his hand up for that extra 5 seconds, he gets pounced on by the media for over-celebrating? Come on, that's just plain silly. If Bron had talked smack about Deshawn's game, the media would have a field day with Bron. And you said it, "there is less scrutiny on him because he is not a star". And that's the point, there's a lot of double standards for Heat and for the rest of the NBA. They are potrayed as being arrogant but when someone else does it, it's no big deal.

Its just the ESPN effect. They have all this air time they have to fill so they spend it over analyzing the the same crap over and over and people get sucked into it. ESPN are really turning into Fox news with their agendas.

The whole final series gets spent rubbishing LBJ over the decision like he has murdered someone but you dont hear anyone bringing up Jason Kidd's past.

Just like the whole Tigers Woods thing people are going to get to a stage with this soon enough where they just say "enough already". At the end of the day all LBJ did was be arrogant and not self aware.

There's a difference between arrogance and showmanship though. Terry does the jawing on court where there's no microphones, Lebron does it indirectly through the media. There is a difference between who gives a **** about Stevenson compared to Lebron and Wade? Duh. And there will always be double standards AS WELL as differrent levels of scrutiny between a semi star and 2 self proclaimed superstars on the way to creating a dynasty. I don't think you have a point here.

---------- Post added 18-06-2011 at 03:12 PM ----------

I think you should read more into Kidd. He pleaded guilty to a domestic charge, that doesn't mean he did it or what it actually was was serious, he could have pissed her off and all she has to do is go and say he hit her and as long as she doesn't drop the charge and there's no way to prove otherwise he will het charged. If he pleads guilty there is a reduced penalty as opposed to dragging it on. And he prob did this to get it out of the media as fast as he could. If you read their divorce proceedings, which I believe were initiated by him, he states something like compulsive liar and false accusations and physical and emotional abuse, I can't remember, I read it a while back. So it's not the cut and dry case, which it never is when kids, money, fame and reputations are involved. In the end we'll probably never know but I just though I'd post that it wasn't a simple case of he pimp slapped her and got charged :lol:

Its just the ESPN effect. They have all this air time they have to fill so they spend it over analyzing the the same crap over and over and people get sucked into it. ESPN are really turning into Fox news with their agendas.

The whole final series gets spent rubbishing LBJ over the decision like he has murdered someone but you dont hear anyone bringing up Jason Kidd's past.

Just like the whole Tigers Woods thing people are going to get to a stage with this soon enough where they just say "enough already". At the end of the day all LBJ did was be arrogant and not self aware.

Do you want to clear up what happened with the quick arrest following winning the championship: DeShawn Stevenson: “People don’t understand. I was going to a party with all of my friends in an apartment. I left. I’m walking down the street … and I guess because I have tattoos a cop told me to come here, asked me what I was doing. I told him what I was doing and he told me to go by the cop car. I’m thinking that he’s going to ask me a couple questions and I’m going to go home. He comes, puts me in handcuffs and I go to jail for four hours. … I asked him what I was going to jail for and he said public intoxication.”

Did he give you a Breathalyzer or anything?: Stevenson: “This is the thing, I asked for it. I asked for the Breathalyzer and he wouldn’t give it to me.”

What DeShawn he thinking as he’s sleeping on the floor in jail?: Stevenson: “I really didn’t think about that because I knew I didn’t do anything wrong. Sometimes when you get put in bad situations, you think, ‘Why did I do that? Why was I driving drunk? Why did I have this? Why did I have that?’ This is like, I’m walking down the street. Sometimes people stereotype you. I’ve been like that all my life. I think it makes you stronger and understand where you came from.”

Far out - how does he not get recognized as soon as they take him back to the station and just get released.

Back
Top Bottom