2011 NBA FINALS - Dallas v Miami - SPOILERS within!

And now the season's over and the Heat have lost, what will they wake up to tomorrow? Today they might have the "pleasure" of the Heat's and Lebron's exit, but then what? They have to go back to working 8-10 hour days; in a job they probably don't like; working for a boss/supervisor they don't like; paying bills they'd rather not pay, paying mortgages they struggle to afford. And where will Lebron be? In his South Beach mansion, or mucking around at the beach with friends, or doing pretty much whatever he want's to. People have been taking pot-shots at him all year, now he gets put in a position by a reporters question to fire one back, and HE'S an A-hole??? To be honest, if I was in his position, I wouldn't have said much different! I actually applaud him for haveing the guts to come out and say something like that, and hope he doesn't try to retract or "clarify" it! I'm personally tired of all the politically correct "fans are entitled to their opinion" crap! Sure they are, but so are athletes, movie stars, and other celebrities.

The thing is, that those people will still be working hard towards their goal and then they will have earned it. Lebron's statement (translated = F you, I'm still rich) shows that he feels that he is entitled. Well, while we continue to work and save up for what we desire, the truth is that he has to go home without the one thing he really needs - his Championship. And I for one, couldn't be happier at that fact.
Yeah, you're rich and live in luxury blah blah. Do you have what you desire? Nope. Maybe work harder and be a bit more humble and people might hate you less.

The thing is, that those people will still be working hard towards their goal and then they will have earned it. Lebron's statement (translated = F you, I'm still rich) shows that he feels that he is entitled. Well, while we continue to work and save up for what we desire, the truth is that he has to go home without the one thing he really needs - his Championship. And I for one, couldn't be happier at that fact.
Yeah, you're rich and live in luxury blah blah. Do you have what you desire? Nope. Maybe work harder and be a bit more humble and people might hate you less.

An opposing point of view, but I can respect this, because you've actually reasoned yourself, unlike others. Good post! :)

But that still doesn't refute Lebron's premise, that he'll move on to enjoying his off-season and go into next season with another chance to win a championship, while the "haters", (not Dallas fans, or people genuineely happy to see Dirk/Kidd win a title), have to now get back to their day-to-day rut. And for those who feel, and delusionally so in my mind, that "he works for them", and this justifies all the trash-talk above and beyond basketball, without giving him the right to lob a few grenades back, does this give Lebron the right to walk into Macca's and start talking crap to the guy behind the counter, because he's buying a Happy Meal? NO! As for putting a media ban on Lebron or getting someone to vet everything he's about to say? GREAT, just what we need: MORE Tim Duncan-esque interviews, how exciting!!! =D>

Yeah fair enough Lebron is entitled to lob a few grenades back by all means, but to me his press conference was a bit of a dummy spit at the 'haters' than anything else. Like na na na na I am better than you style. The media ban is more for his own good than anything else. He seems to say some pretty stupid things and other things he says he can't back up, so to take the pressure off and allow him to concentrate on his game I would see it as something beneficial for the club. Not a permanent thing just maybe for next season to see how it goes.
Secondly he aint going to win any fans by putting those who could follow him down. He is right on some levels but on most it was just a stupid thing to say and a bit childish in my view.

Yeah fair enough Lebron is entitled to lob a few grenades back by all means, but to me his press conference was a bit of a dummy spit at the 'haters' than anything else. Like na na na na I am better than you style. The media ban is more for his own good than anything else. He seems to say some pretty stupid things and other things he says he can't back up, so to take the pressure off and allow him to concentrate on his game I would see it as something beneficial for the club. Not a permanent thing just maybe for next season to see how it goes.
Secondly he aint going to win any fans by putting those who could follow him down. He is right on some levels but on most it was just a stupid thing to say and a bit childish in my view.

Yeah, he probably could've worded what he said better for marketing purposes, but from stuff that I've read on other forums mostly, he's got fair reason for a bit of a spit at those who were waiting for him and the Heat to lose, more than for the Mavs to win, and who also went too far in trashtalk outside of the basketball spectrum. I've got no problem saying he underperformed, and quite badly, in the 4th quarters of this series. But the other stuff about his mum, his g/f, his personal life: leave this stuff out of it if you're gonna get offended when he says basicly "I'm richer than you are, I'm set up for life!" He also could use a few less "yes-men" in his circle, and a few more older heads, I agree with that too... I just don't get how people can "throw stuff at the circus animals", and expect to not get anything thrown back...

I agree LeBron is definitely classless at times (including this time), and he has a lot of maturing to go through. What's obvious is that he is immature. It starts with the fact that he's a product of the AAU system and had no father figures or guidance coming straight up from HS. It ends with the fact that those who "guide" him are his best friends from Ohio who really are looking out for themselves.

Not making excuses for him - but just pointing out why there is a lack of maturity there. Which points to it being a good thing they don't let high school players jump straight to the league anymore. You either end up with a Kwame Brown flop, a Ndudi Ebi flop whose out of the league in a few years with no education to fall back on, or a LeBron James talent who has all the skills but disappoints due to his lack of character.

That said, if I was him I would fire back too.

I mean seriously. Everyone is willing to bag the absolute **** out of him at any given turn, then when he responds the masses say "oh how rude, he shouldn't say things like that." Really. It's a bit hypocritical isn't it? Who gives a ****. Think about the millions that hate him, and the hundreds of articles and pieces of garbage that get written about him.

Once again, not saying he doesn't deserve those things against him. To some degree, he does. But in my mind that gives him more than enough justification to fire back with what was a classless, but not derogatory or out-of-control response to an interviewer who was pushing his buttons. People just need to get over it. If you're willing to throw hate at the man at every available opportunity, why cry foul when he fires up a little bit and throws some back?

I agree LeBron is definitely classless at times (including this time), and he has a lot of maturing to go through. What's obvious is that he is immature. It starts with the fact that he's a product of the AAU system and had no father figures or guidance coming straight up from HS. It ends with the fact that those who "guide" him are his best friends from Ohio who really are looking out for themselves.

Not making excuses for him - but just pointing out why there is a lack of maturity there. Which points to it being a good thing they don't let high school players jump straight to the league anymore. You either end up with a Kwame Brown flop, a Ndudi Ebi flop whose out of the league in a few years with no education to fall back on, or a LeBron James talent who has all the skills but disappoints due to his lack of character.

That said, if I was him I would fire back too.

I mean seriously. Everyone is willing to bag the absolute **** out of him at any given turn, then when he responds the masses say "oh how rude, he shouldn't say things like that." Really. It's a bit hypocritical isn't it? Who gives a ****. Think about the millions that hate him, and the hundreds of articles and pieces of garbage that get written about him.

Once again, not saying he doesn't deserve those things against him. To some degree, he does. But in my mind that gives him more than enough justification to fire back with what was a classless, but not derogatory or out-of-control response to an interviewer who was pushing his buttons. People just need to get over it. If you're willing to throw hate at the man at every available opportunity, why cry foul when he fires up a little bit and throws some back?

Don't forget the Lebron defenders use that as the main reason why he is better than MJ. Because he got into the NBA from highschool. Because NBA is your life haha. Once his career is over he has no fall back plan.

I got no prblem with him saying stuff. Someone jsut needs to write him answers. Or dictate them into an ear piece.

Don't forget the Lebron defenders use that as the main reason why he is better than MJ. Because he got into the NBA from highschool. Because NBA is your life haha. Once his career is over he has no fall back plan.

I got no prblem with him saying stuff. Someone jsut needs to write him answers. Or dictate them into an ear piece.

- - Fall back plan ? That's like Shaq always saying he has a fall back plan ... You gotta realize how much money these guys really have. MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of dollars. They do NOT need a fall back plan ... Guys like Shaq or Lebron could suddenly get dead broke, and get hired within 5 minutes and be making good money again. Going from Highschool to the NBA obviously hurt Lebron with his character / maturity. But a fall back plan ? You gotta be kidding me.

I'm no LeBron defender, and I never heard anyone say he was better than MJ because he's straight out of HS. Do people use that for Kobe too? :lol:

True, once his career is over he has no fall back plan. But unlike the other guys, he has enough $$ that it doesn't matter.

BTW - people agree that the High School rule (not drafting them) is a good thing right? Just looked up High School draftees and some I don't even remember their names. That shows how stupid it was for them to go to the league.

E.G. - Korleone Young, James Lang, Ricky Sanchez, Ousmane Cisse, Leon Smith. WHO?! :lol:

I got no prblem with him saying stuff. Someone jsut needs to write him answers. Or dictate them into an ear piece.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure its not the people from "Australia's Next Top Model"! ;) lol!

Well you're a self righteous assumptive little p***k aren't ya
To think that people's fascination and dependancy on a sport, and how the Heat or any players do, goes beyond that instant when a game is on and that a sport is more interesting, important, nourishing or required than a healthy home, work or family life and people spend their time hating their lives and wishing they were Lebron?
Get ****ed, what a moron, if I was a mod I would delete your account, wow. We are all dumber for reading that now.

Matt - are u serious? We all enjoy a laugh and some can cope with differences of opinions - why the abuse?? At Jimbo and now this.
Axeman writes some 'interesting' stuff, mostly I don't agree with it - but so what - go hit a punching bag or something. I'm no mod or anything but u need to take some deep breaths...(ducks head in fear)

lmao i think Matt needs to lay off the afternoon vodka's, a boxing bag doesn't sound like a bad idea :lol:

On another note anyone got any auto's of the leagues most overrated classless player they want to off load cheap?

How dare you guys treat a baby like this! Pick on someone your own size!

2hd5yqe.jpg

2hd5yqe.jpg

- - Fall back plan ? That's like Shaq always saying he has a fall back plan ... You gotta realize how much money these guys really have. MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of dollars. They do NOT need a fall back plan ... Guys like Shaq or Lebron could suddenly get dead broke, and get hired within 5 minutes and be making good money again. Going from Highschool to the NBA obviously hurt Lebron with his character / maturity. But a fall back plan ? You gotta be kidding me.

he may have money now but look at all the past players and even boxers, blew their millions away.

question is will he fall victim.

I'm really happy Jason Kidd and Dirk Nowitzki finally got a Championship. Happy for Jason Terry and Shawn Marion too.

I have never liked LeBron and think he is immature and digs himself some large holes at times, but he was speaking just after losing another Championship and it was probably a "heat of the moment" type thing (pardon the pun). Having said that, what he said was pretty low and he needs to choose his words more wisely.

I may as well add you to the list hey, no great loss! No posts from you all playoffs anyway, just a random chime in agreeing with some silly Lebron nonsense. That's how it read anyway.

RealGM • View topic - Should LeBron Be Fined For Insulting NBA Fans?

Ah, have a cry, "champ"! Seems to be your usual potty-mouthed go, though! Did I insult anyone on here, yourself included??? NO, but then again, maybe its just your "special time of month" and your a bit edgy, I can understand that... ;) Maybe you can look at the topic about this on RealGMs boards, where people are on the one hand all pissy that he's supposedly insulting them, but by the end of their rants are usually insulting HIM...

---------- Post added 14-06-2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

And if your really that worried about my posts making you dumber, you can always put me on your "Ignore" list, theres a thought...

---------- Post added 15-06-2011 at 02:01 AM ----------

Matt - are u serious? We all enjoy a laugh and some can cope with differences of opinions - why the abuse?? At Jimbo and now this.
Axeman writes some 'interesting' stuff, mostly I don't agree with it - but so what - go hit a punching bag or something. I'm no mod or anything but u need to take some deep breaths...(ducks head in fear)

Maybe you're right, I had a bit of a brain aneurysm this arvo. However, it was brought on by some of the stuff people write. I think the stress of the game has got to me......
*tips bucket of cold water on head*

Tell that to Antoine Walker ;)

I just don't get how people can "throw stuff at the circus animals", and expect to not get anything thrown back...

What if they throw something at you first!? :confused:

I dunno, this media thing is such a double standard when it comes to the Heat. Like Deshawn can talk so much smack about Lebron and no one cares, but Wade or Lebron making fun (indirectly) of Dirk and the media crucifies them. This is really like how Kobe was the most hated ball hog (okay probably still is) and the media were really looking to blow up any feuds he had with Shaq or his teammates. The more I think about it, the more I realise what a farce this media circus really is by belting out stories and villifying the Heat. I mean, Deshawn was probably a bigger ar$3 than Wade and Lebron was the whole series, with the 3 goggles and the shoving match in G6,yet he's entitled to it? What,cos he's less talented and doesn't need to be as humble?

Back
Top Bottom