2011/12 Australian Summer Of Cricket (*SPOILERS*)

He made 126 for Australia not that long ago?

That 126 was on an absolute road though. Look at the scores from that match. Australia 316 (Hussey 118, Marsh 81) & 488 (Hughes 126, Clarke 112, Huussey 93) drew Sri Lanka 473 (Mathews 103*, Dilshan 83, Sangakkara 79) & 0/7.

When it comes to pitches that aren't a highway he crumbles and makes shocking scores.

---------- Post added 11-12-2011 at 01:03 PM ----------

Also don't get me wrong, I hope Hughes becomes an awesome batsmen so Australia has an awesome opener. But at this stage he looks like cow dung.

very similar stats between these two (hilditch and hughes) both opening batsman, both underperformong and both unable to cut their downfall stroke out of their repertoire
Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
i used to hate hilditch and wonder why he kept getting a go at batting, its only when i looked up these stats that i realised hilditch's father-in-law was bob simpson, go figure. i know this wasnt when simpson was coaching but he hilditch was being protected by someone

And Andrew Hildich's wife was my grade two teacher at Stella Maris in Adelaide... I knew what a MILF was before I could even crack a boner (well I don't remember cracking boners back then)

It might not matter how many runs Hughes scores, Dave Warner is looking great. Would be great to see Warner and Watson open against the Indians.

Khawaja failed we dropping him too?

i think khawaja shows really good patience, i think he just needs more time. hughes on the other hand has had plenty of chances and still keeps making the same mistakes, almost as if he isnt learning by them at all. he has had twice as many chances as most others get so its time to try a new tactic.

---------- Post added 12-12-2011 at 12:30 PM ----------

aussies on the ropes now, and struggling! if they win this it will be by falling over the line. will be a nervous session after lunch.

I see Khawaja eventually replacing Ponting at 4. A fully fit Marsh at 3. Watto and Warner opening. Not sure who will slot in fir Huss. Haddin is safe til Paine is fully fit. Bowling attack of Siddle, Pattinson, Cummins & Lyon.

Martin is just bowling well. How are you ment to play a ball that pitches outside leg and swings outside off? Being a left hander myself I see how Hughes can keep going out like this there is no harder ball to play being a leftie. And as i'm typing Warner moves to 98.

100 for warner, this guy is going to be great for test cricket.

---------- Post added 12-12-2011 at 02:27 PM ----------

match just ended, one word, disgraceful.

Great batting by Warner, Great bowling by Bracewell a good win for the black caps but most importantly my $20 i put on them to win on Thursday is now $160 odd dollars :thumbsup::woot::D WHOOP WHOOP

Still not conviced with the current black caps squad at all but will take the win

Interesting how Michael Clarke pays tribute to Dave Warner and James Pattinson, but doesn't give ANY credit to NZ. Hate Michael Clarke, love Doug Bracewell!

Definitely not convinced with Reece Young, there are keepers in first class cricket averaging over 45 and yet Young is in the team whilst averaging 30 in 1st class cricket. I still think we need James Franklin in the squad.

Agreed about Clarke - and Warner (who was excellent ) gets MOM - Please..............

Bracewell gets 6-26 in 9 overs including the winning wicket - and 9-60 in the match and he doesn't get it??

That's as bad as Lockyer getting MOM in the rugby league final when we won 34-20 and Lockyer let in 2 tries!!!

I believe our squad needs to be completely changed, to something like this;

1 - David Warner
2 - Ed Cowan
3 - Shaun Marsh
4 - Usman Khawaja
5 - Michael Clarke (c)
6 - Shane Watson
7 - Tim Paine
8 - Luke Butterworth
9 - James Pattinson
10 - Pat Cummins
11 - Nathan Lyon

Other considerations: Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, James Faulkner, Dan Christian, Matthew Wade,

Back
Top Bottom