2007 OzCards NBA Fantasy Money League

kidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Carlos
eBay User
cahl0s05
Well, the NBA season is about a month and so away and fantasy bball is just around the corner. Anyone interested in joining one for small stakes? I say about $50. 1st to 3rd place will get prizes. I'm happy to organize it if I can get 10 participants. If $50 is a bit too much, then suggest how much you're willing to stake then we'll adjust.

I'm in and I'll be comissioner for the first league if anyone wants to join. :)

Will use yahoo fantasy bball and probably a keeper league.

Cmon guys first 9 people to say "I'm in" gets a spot!

I'll post the rules after this.

taken from Wayne's post from 121s:

Fantasy Basketball Keeper League

1. This is a 10 team Yahoo Fantasy NBA “Lifetime” Keeper League. The entry fee for the league is $50 per team, with $500 being in the pot for the season. If you intend to pay via Paypal, please keep in mind that it would be greatly appreciated if you were to account for fees while sending payment (fees would likely not exceed $5.00).

2. The payout system will be 65%, 25%, and 10% for first, second, and third respectively.

3. The league is a head-to-head, rotisserie based system. The top six teams will make the playoffs, which take place during weeks 22-24 during the NBA season. The top two teams receive byes for the first week of the playoffs.

4. The draft will be done in “snake” order fashion. For example:

Round 1 Order: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

Round 2 Order: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

This year’s LIVE draft will take place on TBD. As this is a live draft, you are HIGHLY encouraged to attend. If you do not, your draft picks will be determined by Yahoo’s ranking system (unless you have manual configured your draft list).

After this year, the draft will default to the “standard” draft type for keeper leagues, meaning the top team will get the last pick (10) in each round and the worst team will get the first pick in each round.

5. Roster changes must be made BEFORE Monday (i.e., up to Sunday 11.59 pm). If you miss this deadline, your roster will be locked for the week (this is not changeable for any reason due to Yahoo's set-up).

6. Roster Positions:
Starters: (10) PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util,

Bench: (4)

Injured Reserved Spots: (1)

7. Statistical Categories:
FG%, FTM, 3PTM, PTS, OREB, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO, PF

8. At the beginning of each season following the initial draft, each team will be given the opportunity to keep three players, free of charge. Additionally, each team has the option to keep two additional players at $25 each and a draft pick. For instance, lets say that Team 1 has 5 very good players. The owner decides to keep players A, B, C and D. Because the owner has chosen to keep four players, the owner owes the league $25 and loses his first round pick in the draft. If player E was chosen as a keeper, the owner would owe an additional $25 and lose his second round pick in the draft.

9. Keepers are due two weeks before the league’s scheduled draft.

10. Trades are subject to approval by one of the commissioners (kidd05 and another one TBD). In the event that the majority of the league disagree with a commissioner's decision, the trade will be referred to an independent arbitrator (ozcard admin). The decision of the arbitrator is final.

11. The trade deadline is TBD.

12. Trading of draft picks during the season is allowed. After the draft, owners can trade picks, but due to the keeper rules of this league, trading of first and second round picks is not allowed until keepers have been established the following season. This means, first and second rounders can only be traded during the two week window between the time keepers are due and the draft. Picks from the third round on can be traded at any time, but the stockpiling of picks is not allowed. Therefore, if you trade a pick, you must receive one back; if you trade two picks, you must get two back and so on…

13. Once a player is waived, he stays on waivers for 48 hours before he can be picked up. Teams are allowed unlimited waiver wire and free agent pick ups and drops throughout the season at no charge. Waiver priority is determined by Yahoo via the win/loss record of teams in the league and previous transactions (trades/waiver wire pickups).

14. Addition to or change of these rules are subject to a majority vote of current league members. Rule changes will only be allowed during the offseason.

Awesome Lockyman!

I'm also willing to pass ownership of the league to Graham or one of the admins if you guys think I'm not qualified to host this.

Cmon guys, I assure you you will REGRET it if you miss out on this! Much more than just $ is at stake!!! To be crowned "OzCard's Fantasy BBall King" will be the greatest honor! :prayer:

Keeper leagues are more realistic Mike... you get to keep 3 of your players from this season once the 2008 season comes. We will have the same participants in 2008. It's more strategical but usually is only for higher staked leagues. I'm happy to make it just a normal year to year thing where a draft happens every year. :) But we'll worry about that later... we just need participants for now then we'll vote!

I'd be in, but I don't go much on the "lifetime" bit.

Some people may well drop out, and new comers come along, etc.

So I think I'll find another league...

I'd be in, but I don't go much on the "lifetime" bit.

Some people may well drop out, and new comers come along, etc.

So I think I'll find another league...

Yeah I thought about that Scott... will probably not stick with the Keeper league too and make this a normal 1 year thing... but with bigger stakes to make the participants more serious in winning. You still in? We have another one going which Kyle is organizing so that's another option.

$50 is fair, better than the $10, and allowing 2nd and 3rd places.

I'll be in for that mate, without the Keeper/Lifetime stuff. Just a 1 year thingo.

This time I'll be around for the Live Draft!!

kidd05
lockymac
Lippo
Mavsman

6 slots left! This'l be a private league.. $50 buy in. I'll ask Kyle if he can make us a separate forum only accessible by the competitors. Wanna join Kyle?

Yahoo Fantasy Basketball opened today so leagues can start being created. I'll give this til Sunday to get 10 players. If we don't get 10 by Sunday then obviously there's no love for a $50 league and we'll all just join the $10 one. ;)

i'm interested carlos, but it seems a bit complicated, how does this differ from the nbl sportal one? can someone give me the rundown of how this works, i know there's one posted on the first page, but something more simple would be nice.

Yeah no fouls.

This is a very simple comp guys.. all we have to do is draft 14 players and then their stats will of course be based on how they actually perform during the 2007 season. So if DWade scores 24 pts, 36 pts, and 20 pts on his first week, your fantasy DWade scores 80 points for your team. And so on. Draft can be done either by a live one, or via the forum. 10 players will get a draft order, and will pick one each per round. Read the rules for more info on the draft. Any more questions? :) (dont worry about the keeper stuff Jim, itl be a normal one)

The $50 will all go to one collector. Yahoo doesn't get any $. We just use their platform. I thought $50 was pretty fair. Not too low, not too dear. It will also encourage the participants to be serious about winning and really manage their team well.

I'll think about it...

did whoever won the last comp end up getting paid? I remember there was a bit of controversy in the paid comp we had?

How will we pick the Draft Order?

And I just thought about it more, and with the fouls that makes 11 Categories, so probably best left in aye.

It will be using all categroies, not just points yeah?

Dig in Marty, it's only $50. lol.

Yeah all categories Scott..

Hmmm, we used a ten sided dice for the other league I'm in. Just need two people or three to witness. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom