1X hobby of 2022 Bowman

That explains what I saw today when I logged into comc. His base auto had gone from $6 to $15, lol. I thought that perhaps people had started following this thread :lol:.

I thought about his Green atomic( horrible colour even though it's /99) at $36. That is definitely the way to go if base are selling at $12. There's also a BlueRayWave at the same price but like the green atomic these are 'off brand' parallels and don't sell as well as the true blue /150 or even the purple at /250.

I now wish I'd bought a few more. Then again, every card I'm considering at the moment must be weighed against whatever equivalent I can buy of Ohtani - even his non-rookie stuff.

Last edited:
I thought about his Green atomic( horrible colour even though it's /99) at $36. That is definitely the way to go if base are selling at $12. There's also a BlueRayWave at the same price but like the green atomic these are 'off brand' parallels and don't sell as well as the true blue /150 or even the purple at /250.

I now wish I'd bought a few more. Then again, every card I'm considering at the moment must be weighed against whatever equivalent I can buy of Ohtani - even his non-rookie stuff.

There is no true blue in this set. Only Blue Mojo (HTA) and Blue Raywave. Bit of a bummer.

Lucky i grabbed the last cheap purple yesterday. I got a true green and blue mojo for $25 bucks on the weekend before the storm ;)

There is no true blue in this set. Only Blue Mojo (HTA) and Blue Raywave. Bit of a bummer.

Lucky i grabbed the last cheap purple yesterday. I got a true green and blue mojo for $25 bucks on the weekend before the storm ;)
Yes my bad. I guess the HTA Blue now becomes the defacto 'standard' blue. $25 is very good value. I think $36 is still good for the /99 and /150 that are on comc( if they are still there) but I have $14 on there currently and until I can sell some more of my recent 150 card sub I won't be buying it. Usually the National sparks some card buying for a few weeks.

I grabbed two more base autos at $5.85 the day before and could've had another 3 at that price. I was surprised to see the price 2X overnight especially when there was no game. Imagine the racket you could run if an influencer gave you the heads up before dropping his news? It would be like being friends with that leach Gary Vee.( not a fan). Looks like ole' mate at Let's Talk Wax has some influencing power. And here's me thinking that someone had stumbled across this thread. Delusional.

Yes my bad. I guess the HTA Blue now becomes the defacto 'standard' blue. $25 is very good value. I think $36 is still good for the /99 and /150 that are on comc( if they are still there) but I have $14 on there currently and until I can sell some more of my recent 150 card sub I won't be buying it. Usually the National sparks some card buying for a few weeks.

I grabbed two more base autos at $5.85 the day before and could've had another 3 at that price. I was surprised to see the price 2X overnight especially when there was no game. Imagine the racket you could run if an influencer gave you the heads up before dropping his news? It would be like being friends with that leach Gary Vee.( not a fan). Looks like ole' mate at Let's Talk Wax has some influencing power. And here's me thinking that someone had stumbled across this thread. Delusional.

1690340894660.png

Strange that he only has 600 odd followers, but the minute he mentioned it, i saw my watchlist start rising instantly!

I might have to sit it out now and wait for him to start dropping that average again ;)
It's amazing how much someone can influence a market - albeit a small one in this case. He may only have 600 followers but if only takes a few of them to pile in then prices will rise quickly as their is a limited supply.

Please buy now. Waiting for him to drop is like dooming a putt when you've bet on the golf. Here's my prediction. The guy is just getting started and now that there is more awareness if his average slowly creeps up and he hits a few homers his base will be at $25-$30 within the week.

It's amazing how much someone can influence a market - albeit a small one in this case. He may only have 600 followers but if only takes a few of them to pile in then prices will rise quickly as their is a limited supply.

Please buy now. Waiting for him to drop is like dooming a putt when you've bet on the golf. Here's my prediction. The guy is just getting started and now that there is more awareness if his average slowly creeps up and he hits a few homers his base will be at $25-$30 within the week.

Picking up PSA10 base auto for $6 bucks was a good deal ;)

I might start getting non-auto 1st colour now. That should stay cheap and be a fun chase.

Re. Autos, i am still after a black and white auto which i can't find anywhere

Picking up PSA10 base auto for $6 bucks was a good deal ;)

I might start getting non-auto 1st colour now. That should stay cheap and be a fun chase.

Re. Autos, i am still after a black and white auto which i can't find anywhere
$6 bucks for a PSA10. Whoever sold that was having a bad day. You'd get that price for Freudis Nova who recently retired. Unreal.

I am limiting myself with just comc. I've been threatening this for ages - like many other things - but next time I have some funds I'll buy some SMC tokens and give it a try. I'm a dickhead for not doing it sooner.

Back
Top Bottom