1X hobby of 2022 Bowman

I feel good. Cured. My breaking disease was pissing me off. Cherry behaving like scoundrels with their 'sale' has helped stiffen my resolve, haha.

Bah! Humbug!

Lol. Haven't been in a Slappers break for at least 3-4 weeks. I stopped shortly after they ceased putting SPA in there. I have gone in about 3 Derby breaks since then. To be fair I was already pulling away from it. The sales fiasco makes it really easy.

A new life kind of thing? Just kidding.

If anything I see less alternatives locally going forward. The fact our biggest hobby store is struggling to get their hands on a meaningful amount of 2023 licensed baseball products shows you what Fanatics/Topps think of our market. That does not bode well for the future when Fanatics takes over the NFL and NBA licenses.

We are a big into the hobby per head of population but 26 million people is a small market - especially when you consider that probably half that market are into local sports.

Similar thoughts, except I built 8 master sets and I'm in the process of building a few more 2018/19 UD Hockey up till 2021-22 and I'm also trying to complete the 1974-75 O-Pee-Chee set. Sets I won't part with. All the modern slabbed stuff can go.

With all the shenanigans going on recently I do see an uptick in goats/vintage. The problem I have is that I refuse to part with more than $200USD for a single and that puts me out of Jordan, Gretzky etc. I can still get Brady and/or Montana for that - just.

Similar thoughts, except I built 8 master sets and I'm in the process of building a few more 2018/19 UD Hockey up till 2021-22 and I'm also trying to complete the 1974-75 O-Pee-Chee set. Sets I won't part with. All the modern slabbed stuff can go.

With all the shenanigans going on recently I do see an uptick in goats/vintage. The problem I have is that I refuse to part with more than $200USD for a single and that puts me out of Jordan, Gretzky etc. I can still get Brady and/or Montana for that - just.

I need to sell stuff and put it away. I will put a sale towards a credit card break and then i piss it away.

If i ever can get on top of my credit card, I will divert my sales into an account until i am ready to buy a big card.

Maybe go to card shows and try to trade my way up to better cards. The last thing I'll probably sell is the Padres busts :(

RV to the moon!!!!. He's been ice cold lately. I flipped two of his base autos already( sorry mate put some downward pressure on his cards, lol) but still have 8 base and the two purples. He has two full years before you label him a bust.

I wish I had sold all my Soto stuff. Left a fair bit on the table there. Instead I sold 50-60 Ohtani cards all of which have done 3-8 x since I sold them. That hurts.

RV to the moon!!!!. He's been ice cold lately. I flipped two of his base autos already( sorry mate put some downward pressure on his cards, lol) but still have 8 base and the two purples. He has two full years before you label him a bust.

I wish I had sold all my Soto stuff. Left a fair bit on the table there. Instead I sold 50-60 Ohtani cards all of which have done 5 x since I sold them. That hurts.

Since Salas went up, he's had 3 hits out of 28 at bats. The dip coincided with Salas leaving, which makes me think he's down in the dumps about his friend leaving and potentially Zavala leaving soon.

He was benched yesterday and the K rate spiked significantly.

Of course they faced a fucking shit pitching lineup the day he's dumped. Hard to say atm, but i am having bad vibes about it. A bit of adversity and he's shit the bed.

I've still bought a heap more in the last month though.

Back
Top Bottom