tak35bne

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
tack35
COMC User
tak35bne
Coming home this morning the BP I stopped at to get a coffee had 2014 Traders still on sale at a reduced price of $1.50 a packet. Left in stock were 1 x sealed box and 8 loose packs. I offered $1.00 a pack and I would take them all. So total of 44 packets later the best cards I got were a Corey Oates and a Sam Perrett Return to Sender.

Even at $1.00 a packet the product is sh1te from ESP.

:)

Coming home this morning the BP I stopped at to get a coffee had 2014 Traders still on sale at a reduced price of $1.50 a packet. Left in stock were 1 x sealed box and 8 loose packs. I offered $1.00 a pack and I would take them all. So total of 44 packets later the best cards I got were a Corey Oates and a Sam Perrett Return to Sender.

Even at $1.00 a packet the product is sh1te from ESP.

:)
did you you get 4 of the same low end inserts in the same box!

Many feel the same. Sad state the hobby is in when it is no longer worth busting boxes
gone are the days when the local shop allways had a box on the counter at 5 - 10 cents a pack/depending on how old you were.
In a few ways we only have ourselves to blame for the hole saga anyway.
these maybe some reasons why.
Numbered cards did not come in until 1994.
Card companys/dynamic started mass producing cards in all sorts of ways.
dealers wanted to dictate what they should sell at.
as we got older and could afford to buy more, we started buying boxes.
Now we are buying cases and guess what there are no local shops, the card companys flog them of to who ever wants to buy shi-- t loads and bust them open for internet use and www. shop use.
They call it a success because they sold all there product.
now there will be bugger all out there in times to come because some of the dealers have had enough of the bullshit and the way they have been treated.
Collectors have had enough due to the shear volume of cards and the price hike, hence that makes it no fun trying to collect what you like because it just becomes a money burden.
With some many collectors calling it quits, it will not be long before the product does not sell.
get it now ESP.
kISS YOUR BUSINESS GOODBYE.

These are all very true and valid points but no one seems to bust Select products anymore either. First select case share listed on here in over 12 months, one of the better releases also and minimal interest

These are all very true and valid points but no one seems to bust Select products anymore either. First select case share listed on here in over 12 months, one of the better releases also and minimal interest

That's because as the supply dwindles the price goes up........total opposite to the newer manufacturer where as the supply dwindles the price goes down.

In a few ways we only have ourselves to blame for the hole saga anyway.
these maybe some reasons why.
Numbered cards did not come in until 1994.
as we got older and could afford to buy more, we started buying boxes.
Now we are buying cases.
I think the big issue as to the change is the insert sets that came with Dynamic.
When the master set was the base set at most all you needed to do was buy a box and trade out your doubles. Now with the inserts and case cards people are buying cases but no one back in the good old days would have even thought to buy a case as what was the point.
Yes we can afford more but if the set was just a base set would you buy a case. These days you get about two base sets per box why would you need to buy more.

I think the big issue as to the change is the insert sets that came with Dynamic.
When the master set was the base set at most all you needed to do was buy a box and trade out your doubles. Now with the inserts and case cards people are buying cases but no one back in the good old days would have even thought to buy a case as what was the point.
Yes we can afford more but if the set was just a base set would you buy a case. These days you get about two base sets per box why would you need to buy more.
hi guys I started buying boxes back series 1 1994 I did quite well reselling gold cards you are on the money stopped buying boxes due to exact reasons u are talking about the last 10 years or so I found it was better to get to a freshly opened box and dive in and buy bottom 4 packs in each box seemed to get a lot more chase cards this way , then just as u say started buying on ebay throw in lots cheap bids andhope I no one else bid had a lot of success this way unfortunately a big hole was left in my collection when a pipe in ceiling burst and wet half my collection I was devasted ,had major battle with insurance even though they were detailed in policy as worth 15000 dollars (they were worth twice that) insurance end up paying me a quarter of that but told me I had to send them all the rest of my cards (well u know how Australia posts sometimes losses things) somehow the rest of the cards never got to them lol . I kept collecting to get cards signed have a couple of thousand but then players lately seem to initial or scribble on them so I stopped what do u think sorry for dribbling on I got a bit carried away cheers scott

Back
Top Bottom