14/15 Flawless thread

drobfan8

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
Surprised there's no thread yet so figured I'd start one.

Please feel free to post thoughts on what you think and what you're chasing.

Go ahead and post any cards you hit or purchase:)

I'm always a fan of the base and this year is no different. I actually really like some of the Alma mater cards. Have my eyes on a couple.

Best of luck to all with your chases.

just hit these

12107213_10153554256925516_7361219262971979256_n.jpg
12107835_10153554257095516_7906606051674493971_n.jpg
12109126_10153554256995516_2036508429413238100_n.jpg

I am loving flawless this year! I love the USA stuff. It is the first product this year that has brought cardboard to the top of my wantlist:)

I am loving flawless this year! I love the USA stuff. It is the first product this year that has brought cardboard to the top of my wantlist:)

There are some incredible USA cards.

I really like that you could essentially have a base card of your PC guy in his NBA jersey, his College jersey and his USA jersey. Some won't like that, but I think it's pretty sweet.

I think its a huge upgrade over last year... however i'm not so thrilled that the 1/1's are now a black foil. the platinum silver to me looked far more prestigious!

Agreed, the black does not look good at all. The /25 or /20 silver foil is much more appealing.

I think this set will do well long term. The vertical patches are really nice.

I rate the base set highly also.

Dual greats patch autos are a winner also.

Love the base silver with the holofoil but at the same time it kind of detracts (a little anyway) from the set when the easiest cards to come by are the best looking! The parallels are overdone with the Ruby/Emerald/Black foil version all looking like a downgrade and I suspect longer-term it'll be the "base" versions of cards that hold their value relative to scarcity.

While this year's set is a treat for those looking to buy singles, and a step up from last year (which wasn't helped by a terrible rookie class), it's hard to get particularly excited about the way Panini has even managed to water down their highest of high end. Stolen from BO forums but I think this nicely summarises part of the problem (along with the weaker than it should be vet autos):

2012-2013 Flawless Total Box Production = 2600 Total Boxes

2012-2013 Flawless Rookie Signatures (Across ENTIRE Print Run)
Anthony Davis = 417 Total Autos

Anthony Davis Rookie Autos per Box = 16%

2014-2015 Flawless Total Box Production = 3775 Total Boxes

2014-2015 Flawless Rookie Signatures (Across ENTIRE Print Run)
Andrew Wiggins = 336 Total Autos

Andrew Wiggins Rookie Autos per Box = 8%

Quite simply, there is no excuse for an encased hit to be Ricky Rubio or even Chris Paul in a product that people are paying around $2400AUD a box for.

I'm still Faried-less from Flawless. I have got some trade bait tho :)

And I am Penniless and will literally be If pick any up!

I am unsure whether to wait or not? it is always hard to know availability and price down the track and I feel like the USA cards are being chased by a few set collectors aswell which makes me even more unsure of which way to go:confused::blink:!

I had OKC in 2 Cases and got not 1 card.
I purchased the Hornets in the second case that I had the Thunder in just so they would bust it
and landed a Parish Auto /10 and a BIG AL /5 Base, Emerald I think.
Noticed lots of variety and there seemed like real value in the lower end teams.

I've seen some really stunning patches I'd love to have, but I'm limiting my picks ups to a couple of nice Clifford Robinson patch autos if I can get them at a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom