Where is everyone?

I know I've dropped off for a few reasons

- exchange rate sucks
- New UFC releases suck
- New AFL releases suck
- Wouldn't say the new NRL release sucks, but it does nothing for me.
- Press Pass died, so no more NASCAR (for now, still no word on who they'll move to)
- Hockey is under Upper Deck exclusivity, so if they push out a sucky release, there's little alternative. More so with ITG being absorbed by Leaf and having to deal with their gaudy shiny cards and crap photoshop jobs
- box break posts don't get much interest so I'm less inclined to go through the effort of photographing, editing, uploading and posting pics.
but mostly
- going through a minor health mystery so I'm trying not to be extravagant with my spendings in cases more money is needed.

I think the other thing has changed is most of us are now jumping in group breaks.
Where before people were live breaking here in the forums and people would watch and reply.

Now the breaks are done online, the posts and banter are with the breaker and we now just get the mailday or fs/ft posts on here.

I think that is where blowout gets its traffic is from the group breaks on the site.

Hi Matt
It's not just basketball, the whole forum has been mia which is sad. Even though I only post in Football (ssoccer) I tend not to post as often as I could because it makes you feel like a bit of a knob and maybe nobody gives a toss what I have picked up or am after. Or the "uh him again" feeling so i don't bother too much these days. Even in the "Soccer" threads it's pretty much the same 3 of us who post regularly. I know people are collecting but nobody seems to be bothered posting anymore. There are guys on here who collect the same stuff as me but no pc to view, no communication, nothing! It's a shame because as you said this is a great forum compared to others which you have to be a part of the "inner sanctum" to get a response.
I have a life, a baby, work shite hours and live in WA so I am not on when most people are but I still check the forum out pretty much every
day, I say get your heads outta your @SSes and make an effort people! Lol
But seriously, this could be the place to buy sell or trade without the horrid fees of ebay and also to network a bit. Anyways, good post Matt and for trying to give the forum a kick in the pants.

This might sound a little selfish but one of the reasons I used to be on here a lot is that I always had a sales thread active and things constantly moved. I don't know if it's just the share amount of stuff that Panini is putting out now that no body can keep up or everybody is looking for that low price bargain they can flip for a profit or whatever the reason is it just about always seems like a lot more effort than it did 12 months ago. so have been feeling a little unmotivated to do up another thread even though I have a ton of stuff I need to move

In saying that the main reasons I do come on here is to look at collections/mail day threads and talk to other people with similar interests to me (even if it's just to prove to my mrs I'm not the only one)

One of the things I do miss is all the old competitions that used to be run - Pull of the Month - PC battles and so on.

Here is a comp I just created to get back into that sharing / showing off mood

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/show-off-your-patches-competition.183337/

Hi Matt
It's not just basketball, the whole forum has been mia which is sad. Even though I only post in Football (ssoccer) I tend not to post as often as I could because it makes you feel like a bit of a knob and maybe nobody gives a toss what I have picked up or am after. Or the "uh him again" feeling so i don't bother too much these days. Even in the "Soccer" threads it's pretty much the same 3 of us who post regularly. I know people are collecting but nobody seems to be bothered posting anymore. There are guys on here who collect the same stuff as me but no pc to view, no communication, nothing! It's a shame because as you said this is a great forum compared to others which you have to be a part of the "inner sanctum" to get a response.
I have a life, a baby, work s***e hours and live in WA so I am not on when most people are but I still check the forum out pretty much every
day, I say get your heads outta your @SSes and make an effort people! Lol
But seriously, this could be the place to buy sell or trade without the horrid fees of ebay and also to network a bit. Anyways, good post Matt and for trying to give the forum a kick in the pants.

That's how I feel in some of the basketball threads Dylan :lol: - like 10 posts in a row are me, makes me think - do people want to really wade through all my gibberish lol

If nothing, it will drum up a bit of convo here and maybe encourage a few people to be a bit more active ;)

cheers mate

This might sound a little selfish but one of the reasons I used to be on here a lot is that I always had a sales thread active and things constantly moved. I don't know if it's just the share amount of stuff that Panini is putting out now that no body can keep up or everybody is looking for that low price bargain they can flip for a profit or whatever the reason is it just about always seems like a lot more effort than it did 12 months ago. so have been feeling a little unmotivated to do up another thread even though I have a ton of stuff I need to move

In saying that the main reasons I do come on here is to look at collections/mail day threads and talk to other people with similar interests to me (even if it's just to prove to my mrs I'm not the only one)

One of the things I do miss is all the old competitions that used to be run - Pull of the Month - PC battles and so on.

Here is a comp I just created to get back into that sharing / showing off mood

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/show-off-your-patches-competition.183337/

Pull of the month was fun! @cherrycollectables should do that too! get a thread going :lol:

Alright instead of offering reasons that have have already been mentioned I will admit as being someone who has stopped posting even if it only be something as simple as "nice cards" in a mailday post.

So I have just given myself a stern talking to and told myself that I must post more.

So more posts from post, does that make it a double post:lol:

Now @kiwi_in_melb what do you have for sale?

And all of you group break participants start posting what you get so we can admire, drool and wish they were ours =D>

Alright instead of offering reasons that have have already been mentioned I will admit as being someone who has stopped posting even if it only be something as simple as "nice cards" in a mailday post.

So I have just given myself a stern talking to and told myself that I must post more.

So more posts from post, does that make it a double post:lol:

Now @kiwi_in_melb what do you have for sale?

And all of you group break participants start posting what you get so we can admire, drool and wish they were ours =D>

Yeah, the "nice cards" gets a bit of a ribbing and maybe people could add a few more words but who cares really, it does break the ice and for the newer members it offers some encouragement to post more when they see 10 replies to their mailday/box break IMO.

But yeah, post more Garth, we need the veterans (of the forum, I'm not talking about age :cautious:) around here since a few others are taking breaks!

Yeah it is an "effort" thing that we need to get on to. I liked hobbykings until it went dead, and I mean DEAD. Luckily there's a couple of guys on there that I still buy off otherwise I'd never check there.

Group breaks could be a larger part of the blame than we've mentioned. People are buying in every week and mostly losing. Which means less buying/selling on here and less individual busting, which means less live breaks. Most of that $$$ just lines Panini's coffers.

I've been at Cherry to do case summarys and such but it hasn't happened. I know he's a busy man and puts in enough hours already. Add to that how hard it is for him to sell all the teams and boxes etc.

Which is why basketball cards should be what they're intended for. A HOBBY!!!!

There has been some ripping threads in the past (Exquisite show off is ALWAYS a favourite). But there's been very few lately.

maybe we could bump some classic oldies?

Yeah it is an "effort" thing that we need to get on to. I liked hobbykings until it went dead, and I mean DEAD. Luckily there's a couple of guys on there that I still buy off otherwise I'd never check there.

Group breaks could be a larger part of the blame than we've mentioned. People are buying in every week and mostly losing. Which means less buying/selling on here and less individual busting, which means less live breaks. Most of that $$$ just lines Panini's coffers.

I've been at Cherry to do case summarys and such but it hasn't happened. I know he's a busy man and puts in enough hours already. Add to that how hard it is for him to sell all the teams and boxes etc.

Which is why basketball cards should be what they're intended for. A HOBBY!!!!

Yeah I never really thought about things like;

1) people busting a box with the intention of posting a recap, it's crap, then they don't bother

2) people busting a box, then not bothering to post a sale thread because it will be about $10 worth so they hold off until there's more to make a decent thread worth

3) team breaks/case shares organised through OCT but nothing is actually shown of what was pulled - even a youtube/livestream link would be great if it was recorded.

4) panini disappointment - this redemption issue (now transitioning to panini points so see how that goes) let alone the redemption replacement issues now facing buyers is a BIG concern. I'm watching this closely, and will report on how my 20 card replacement request goes!!!

There has been some ripping threads in the past (Exquisite show off is ALWAYS a favourite). But there's been very few lately.

maybe we could bump some classic oldies?

You know me, I'm always up for bumping classic golden oldies!!! newer members never got to enjoy some of the greats (yet :D )

We/he could post the links to the breaks - the only catch is that livestream deletes them after 30 days anyway

I didn't know that! That sucks so bad!! That's a great method for live breaks but AWFUL for looking back on historical breaks/broadcasts then!!!!

Any way to transfer a livestream vid to youtube to preserve it?

I didn't know that! That sucks so bad!! That's a great method for live breaks but AWFUL for looking back on historical breaks/broadcasts then!!!!

Any way to transfer a livestream vid to youtube to preserve it?
my quick google of it now, seems that there is but not an easy way particularly - have to download from livestream and then reupload to youtube

Back
Top Bottom