Worst fake Bradman auto ever?

Great detective work Ron.

I just sent this note to the seller, I hope he does the right thing and takes down the auction:

Hi there,
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news however the Bradman autograph bat you are selling is outdoubtedly a fake. If you compare it to other authorised Bradman autographs you will be able to determine this rather easily, as the one you have is a very poor attempt at the great man's autograph.
You might be interested in this link, which pretty much confirms Dermot Reeve as a forgery king, a fraud and a shonk. Sorry but I don't want to see a buyer being sold an item that is clearly not genuine.

Ex cricketer Dermot Reeve in Bradman forgery scandal | The Daily Telegraph

Regards
Brad

The Age:
"One of the most forged signatures is said to be that of Australian cricketing great Don Bradman, with the Australian Federal Police prosecuting several cases where signed bats and photos were fakes"

Good to see the AFP cracking down on this.

Just got this back:

"Hello,Thankyou for your email, my husband is not here at moment to show it to, however i will as soon as possible. We bought it over 4 years ago on ebay and was told it was original."

Sounds like an unfortunate innocent victim to me, but i'm not liking that there are 5 bids and the auction is still running :yellow:

Not so innocent if you ask me. They havent gone through the proper channels to authenticize the bat. Its like asking Ricky Nixon for advice on whether or not I should sleep with a 16 year old girl ?

They have done the right thing and ended the auction - an honest seller after all, well done :D

Back
Top Bottom