why this Michael Jordan Card is Expensive?

have seen how much this card gone---
was for more $1600 bucks
that´s sick what bad economy , this is incredible how is possible.....

just think if some guy pull or have the #23 of 100 this will go for more than $2000...

Sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk................

Nice finish for 2 more of these Jordans. One being sold privately after bidders already placed bids of up to 800 USD within the first 24 hours of this listing:
1998-99 FLEER MICHAEL JORDAN PLAYMAKERS THEATRE 16/100 - eBay (item 190294587898 end time Mar-18-09 21:45:07 PDT)

The other ended just hours ago:
MICHAEL JORDAN - eBay (item 170311633767 end time Mar-22-09 10:38:53 PDT)
Considering that this was the 3rd of these cards offered within a 2-week-period and that this seller has a rare headline to his auction :thumbsup:... Still a very good price :worthy:

Old thread here, but worth rejuvenating.

Did somebody notice this sale last night ?
1997-98 Ultra COURT MASTERS Michael Jordan #1 RARE - eBay (item 220560648359 end time Feb-28-10 19:11:43 PST)

This card was selling in a range of 200 - 300 USD about a month ago. But another one is listed right now and seems to confirm that price:
97 / 98 Fleer Ultra Court Masters Michael Jordan Insert - eBay (item 300401097110 end time Mar-04-10 18:43:21 PST)

And another seller trying to jump on the train, listing a BGS 9.5. Took
6 hours to reach 400 USD. Who knows, where this is going to end:
BGS 10 9.5 ULTRA COURT MASTER MICHAEL JORDAN #23 JERSEY - eBay (item 150418321083 end time Mar-07-10 20:30:02 PST)

Unbelievable prices, as the price of that finished auction means 1000% of high book.

Thats ridiculous on the Court Masters! I remember seeing them sell for $250 only a month or so ago :woot:

Im a mj fan and i still dont get it....:eek:
A mj on card auto /23 gets less than some of those prices.
BAA HUMBUG....ill take an auto any day:D

Im a mj fan and i still dont get it....:eek:
A mj on card auto /23 gets less than some of those prices.
BAA HUMBUG....ill take an auto any day:D

I am no expert but if I was to have a guess at the reason for these cards going for more than a MJ Auto I would say it is simply because there are SO MANY MJ Auto's out there. Even with a MJ Auto numbered to /25 there are so many variants it is actually easier to get a MJ auto then one of there rare inserts. Not that it's easy to get a MJ aAto either!

What do you guys think the reason is ???

I am no expert but if I was to have a guess at the reason for these cards going for more than a MJ Auto I would say it is simply because there are SO MANY MJ Auto's out there. Even with a MJ Auto numbered to /25 there are so many variants it is actually easier to get a MJ auto then one of there rare inserts. Not that it's easy to get a MJ aAto either!

What do you guys think the reason is ???

I'd say that's one of them....... MJ autos are a dime a dozen these days, sweet looking inserts aren't!

Unbelievable money... $3250US. I'd rather a Blake Griffin NT RAP /99 any day of the year over that particular MJ.

The interesting phenomenom though may be, that 5 years from now that particular MJ card buys you 5 of Griffins NT RAP /99.
Judging from the past, this outcome is very likely. May not become true, but very likely.

Back
Top Bottom