Why don't Select try ????

There are still collectors out there I haven’t sold a card for about 10 years I would say . But the added bonus of some cards being valuable is good too .For me , it’s always been keeping it as a hobby and not a money making exercise as tempting as it may be sometimes. I do like the idea of keeping boxes though , I got that from iclou

There are still collectors out there I haven’t sold a card for about 10 years I would say . But the added bonus of some cards being valuable is good too .For me , it’s always been keeping it as a hobby and not a money making exercise as tempting as it may be sometimes. I do like the idea of keeping boxes though , I got that from iclou
The whole keeping sealed boxes makes no sense to me either, unless to resell, then it makes sense. Other than that, what do I want sealed boxes of cards for lol

True I do have a number unopened, it’s a bit like having your Star Wars toys as a kid and leaving them unopened lol. However , keeping unopened boxes for a number of years is probably not a bad investment if you have some patience especially for the US cards.

True I do have a number unopened, it’s a bit like having your Star Wars toys as a kid and leaving them unopened lol. However , keeping unopened boxes for a number of years is probably not a bad investment if you have some patience especially for the US cards.
I am speaking strictly from a collector's perspective. It makes no sense to leave them unopened.

Things have changed a little , i dont mind keeping a few unopened now , whether I sell them in the future is debatable, I will probably open them over time.

The whole keeping sealed boxes makes no sense to me either, unless to resell, then it makes sense. Other than that, what do I want sealed boxes of cards for lol
I personally have 34 sealed blasters ( all NFL or MLB) all different and spanning from present to years gone by. I some releases buy 2 and open 1 and keep one.
never sold any
have no plans to sell any
have no plans to open
I have always been a fan of the outer box art work and I just personally enjoy collecting them.

why don't select... change it up?
Our market has been box and packs since its inception and maybe its time to trial another direction.
BLASTERS - the smaller box's that hold up to approx 4/5/6 packs.
This could be the answer going foward in keeping collectors from raging out when missing out on drop day and bringing in new collectors with it's cheaper price tag then coming up with the $300 +for a box.
The introduction of blasters will see more product spread out and if one missed out on a box, the Blaster is a better option then tracking down a pack or two.
just my thoughts....

I'm not really sure that Blasters are the answer. I can only speak from an NBA perspective where for the most part, Blasters are pretty rubbish stuff. If Hobby product wasn't such a rip off, you'd never bother with them.

The other problem you have is that Blasters lend themselves to retailers. In the US they are stocked by the major department chains that have the storage/ shelf space to accommodate them. The traditional retailers here of AFL, Newsagencies and Convenience stores, wouldn't have that sort of space.

Everyone likes money even if they don’t like to admit it, it makes your life easier if you have enough of it.
adam-sandler.gif

It makes life easier but not necessarily more enjoyable.

You tend to 'smell the roses' more when you have less. Makes you appreciate actual life more. I remember sitting on my balcony at a rented unit on Chevron island many moons ago feeling very content. I had $5 in coins which I used to buy a bottle of beer and a wee willam cigar. I also had a full jar of fresh wild oysters which a local fella used to sell around the place. The 'Oyster man" charged $10 for these jars and they were chockers with small but delicious oysters.

I remember sitting there that day thinking life was pretty good. The lucky country.

Last edited:
I personally have 34 sealed blasters ( all NFL or MLB) all different and spanning from present to years gone by. I some releases buy 2 and open 1 and keep one.
never sold any
have no plans to sell any
have no plans to open
I have always been a fan of the outer box art work and I just personally enjoy collecting them.

I have to ask, wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy empty boxes then? Many people sell them.

I have to ask, wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy empty boxes then? Many people sell them
because i have no interest in a empty box...and i can afford them and enjoy them.
i like having the future options to decide in years to come what to do
keep it sealed / open them / sell them / give to my kid
like many on here, we have all dreamed off owning our own card store, this sealed stock is the closest i will ever get to living that fantasy.

because i have no interest in a empty box...and i can afford them and enjoy them.
i like having the future options to decide in years to come what to do
keep it sealed / open them / sell them / give to my kid
like many on here, we have all dreamed off owning our own card store, this sealed stock is the closest i will ever get to living that fantasy.

I was just going by what you said in terms of the box artwork and I thought if it's just for that and you have no plans to open them as you said, then you can save a lot of money just buying empty boxes. But it makes sense if you get them for the future.
Me personally, if I buy cards, I'm buying them to see the cards.

Back
Top Bottom