Who Will Win The NRL Grand Final?

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly...
Aprec8 I wasn't talking about the toyota cup!!
I was talking about the real stuff and you could say how the storm cheated, lied and thiefed.

A game is won over 90 mins. First half gave storm the win. Yet again refs will give bad calls always. There were bad calls that went parras way as well they just couldn't convert.

yeh 90 minutes mate what game were you watching

yeh 90 minutes mate what game were you watching

:lol: mate you just said what i was thinking when he mentioned 90 minutes :woot:
Anyway...personally i wont complain who won the premiership at the end of the day, it wasnt panthers in the grand final so it doesnt concern me. However as a league fan, All i will say is that the eels COULD HAVE won. The first half for them was poor...HOWEVER the game isnt won in the first half:blink:. Eels came back and really had a chance at the end. Until Billy Slater couldnt hold the ball and then a refs call blamed Fui Fui for knocking it out of his hands. THAT call changed the whole game. Slater dropped that ball i still say. BUT THAT IS MY OPINION ONLY!. Im not here to start an arguement with Storm fans, but even Storm fans should admit to themselves that the eels should have gotten a penalty at that point of the game. And yes i still believe Eels had a real chance towards the end of the game because the Storm simply lost their good defence at the end of the match because they simply got too cocky about being ahead on the scoreboard with 10 minutes to go. They were lucky that they kept the Eels out at the end
Brplat

Melbourne won it and good luck to them but parra have put the game up on a new level with the way they have been playing, they have revived the league to all supporters "all time" or "new" and have shown us that they will quite possibly be there again next year,:D
but i would just like to add a couple of things as to why i think parra were never going to win it no matter how well they played....:eek:

1st..(i think someone else mentioned this as well somewhere) even when the EELS were in the slump (3rd last) quite a few bets were made even with the odds up to $151 to win the grand final, i believe a lot of people put money on the eels not just to make the GF but win it as well, now with the way it works we have bookies who sponsor the NRL standing to loose possibly millions of $$$$$$ and in doing so would severely damage their willingness or ability to sponsor the game

2nd..they say this is a game of inches and bellamy pushed the rules knowing the refs were told to give a free flowing"origin style" game so the storm players layed on the tackled players longer to slow the eels down, forward passes etc
(i believe only 1 blatant forward pass from the storm was penalised)

3rd point i would like to pick out is the afl had a big year and in-particular the Victorian teams which has done some damage to the storms popularity down there (Sam Newman's footy show segment says it all) so for them to win the GF in 2 grades would give them some help in getting some support back. in a david gallop interview a few weeks back he said he was concerned that the afl is having an impact on the storms popularity and crowds

Interesting isnt it:-k:-k

a major underworld conspiracy?:lol: i dont think so, just my thoughts (scary thoughts though):whistle::lol:

like i said Melbourne won it and good luck to them and yes i am devastated that we lost but i cant help but feel a little ripped for the eels players as well:cry:

A really big well done to the EELS and to what they have achieved this year we are all proud of you all.:D:thumbsup:

The young centre for Melbourne played better than Slater imo

Now we even have conspiracy theories?!?!?

I'm a Storm fan and I agree, the penalty on Moimoi was wrong, but Storm fans could equally complain about a couple of things and the Eels still had to score a try and convert just to go to extra time.

Melbourne to win,
I have a conspiracy theory though, Parra can not win because they will cost bookmakers over $2 million, And certain bookmakers are HIGH PAYING SPONSORS of rugby league.

THE NRL IS A FARCE

Here it is guys,

hahahahahahahaha paranoid little people make me roll over in fits of laughter.

oh everyone is out to get me, the NRL is a Farce, F%$k the world, The Govt Lies to us.

HAHAHAHAHA, guys - seriously - need to get over the "conspiracys" of rugby league and look at the plain and simple facts, and that is, Melbourne won on the day, deserved to win on the day, and by no means did they have any help from the refferee.

Parramatta dug their own grave in the first half, yes they were coming back, but meh
PAL - EEEEZE spare me the tripe that they were going to win if the referee didnt penalise Fui Fui.

Thats probably the biggest issue i am finding hard to deal with, we have seen calls like that all year affect the teams and positions on the ladder.

Imagine if we went back and said everything the ref got wrong that were "game changing decisions", Parra Fans need to get over it ;).

I am pretty sure we would have had a different Top 8...

AND

Tell me all you conspiracy theorists, would Melbourne have won the game if Bulldogs or Saints were there??? Do you think from the word go, the ref was given a set of instructions to simply finbd a moment in the remaining 4 minutes of the match to cost the team opposing melbourne a win??

have a think u twats!

WoW Payney.. did you actually take what i wrote as a whole hearted outburst at the powers that be and not read it all and did you happen to look at the funny faces at all ????????:woot::whistle::whistle::lol:

it was just a disheartened eels supporter looking for a reason why the eels did not start playing footy until the 41st minute and having a half hearted laugh at what was being said around the traps before and after the game was played....i think someone might need to get a life and stop swearing and cursing at eels supporters for having a bit of a laugh in what would be considered a sad moment in an eels supporters life.:(

humorous or not, fact or fiction, it really doesn't matter all that was said was purely ones opinion and should be left at that i think and to be called names well that's just a bit immature i think

if one wishes to have a slanging session at others then that's there right but it should be left in such places like Cleo or cosmopolitan rather a trading card site

and wow.... F the world, government lies, have we been watching too many episodes of the x files again????

and call me nieve or i may have had a sheltered life i dont know but when you call someone a twat what's is that actually??????

is it like "i thwort i thaw a puddy twat"????

just for the record my top 8 midway through the season did not have either the eels or the storm in it

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and i still dont think slater was best on field....but was it actually slater that played.........hhhmmmmmmmmmmm:-k

:lol::lol::lol:

Dave,its alright champ, my response was questioning Razor and his issues with the NRL and "the conspiracies" that plague it... ;)

I was in no way intentionally attacking Parramatta Fans, merely the ones who weren't joking and didnt use funny faces while writing their comments about moments in the game which they thought had cost eels a win.

And telling me to get a life, when you clearly stated in your last message that
"it doesn't matter what was said, it was just peoples opinions and should be left at that".
Well my message, IS MY OPINION, so for you too write back and say my opinion is wrong or questionable, is highly hypocritical.

And i dont believe i was slanging anyone besides the Conspiracy theorists and eels supporters who cant hack a loss.
You obviously fit into this category, judging by your last response.

AND!!!

I still think Hindmarsh was the best on field!!!

I'll just be a minute while I get my tin foil hat out so Aliens can't read my thoughts........:blink:

This thread has been an interesting read....:D

Parra people should be celebrating a great year where they over achieved and discovered a couple of potential giants of the game (I believe their is still some way to go though before you win a premiership as it is hard to win a comp without both a half and five eighth and relying on 1 man to do all the attacking week in week out will come unstuck)

The Storm were far to professional / experienced and did more than enough to win, Slater may not have been best on field in everyone's eye's but he is undoubtedly a footballing genius and did nothing wrong....oh and importantly was on the winning side.:D

Cheers
Ross

PS Are you guys sure the govt lies....:eek:

Dave,its alright champ, my response was questioning Razor and his issues with the NRL and "the conspiracies" that plague it... ;)

I was in no way intentionally attacking Parramatta Fans, merely the ones who weren't joking and didnt use funny faces while writing their comments about moments in the game which they thought had cost eels a win.

And telling me to get a life, when you clearly stated in your last message that
"it doesn't matter what was said, it was just peoples opinions and should be left at that".
Well my message, IS MY OPINION, so for you too write back and say my opinion is wrong or questionable, is highly hypocritical.

And i dont believe i was slanging anyone besides the Conspiracy theorists and eels supporters who cant hack a loss.
You obviously fit into this category, judging by your last response.

AND!!!

I still think Hindmarsh was the best on field!!!

Hindmarsh...Cool, although totally disappointed that we did not win, i would not be a committed fan of any team or code if i wasn't a tad unhappy.

i was not questing your comments, just the manner in which it seemed you really ridiculed those others making their own, it came across as stabbing and/or even *****y.

i for one am not into the whole conspiracy theories thing i am a more of a **** happens get over it kind of person

as for my hacking a loss (although i am disappointed) it also comes under the **** happens get over it category

I'll just be a minute while I get my tin foil hat out so Aliens can't read my thoughts........:blink:

This thread has been an interesting read....:D

Parra people should be celebrating a great year where they over achieved and discovered a couple of potential giants of the game (I believe their is still some way to go though before you win a premiership as it is hard to win a comp without both a half and five eighth and relying on 1 man to do all the attacking week in week out will come unstuck)

The Storm were far to professional / experienced and did more than enough to win, Slater may not have been best on field in everyone's eye's but he is undoubtedly a footballing genius and did nothing wrong....oh and importantly was on the winning side.:D

Cheers
Ross

PS Are you guys sure the govt lies....:eek:

use the really good foil as its harder for them to penetrate:lol::lol:

interesting reading hey?... well did you know that the Sea Eagles actually paid for an archer to shoot an arrow into Haynes backside so he could not play but there were some crossed wires somewhere and they ended up with Tony Archer and he shot himself in his own foot... so i was told by the F.B.N.R.L.I;);)

the storm deserve their win and yes i am disappointed about the loss
and had the eels won i think Fui would have got the best on field

the storm have had there turn at the top its about to become someone else's turn as for who is yet to be seen...........well that's what the guy hiding in the back street shadows in the long rain coat said anyway:whistle::whistle::lol:

---------- Post added 05-10-2009 at 05:33 PM ----------

Hard luck Dave....but congrats on 1000 posts

1001 now!!!!! is that when they come and take me away

or is it 1002, oh man help me pleeeeeeese:crazy:

use the really good foil as its harder for them to penetrate:lol::lol:

interesting reading hey?... well did you know that the Sea Eagles actually paid for an archer to shoot an arrow into Haynes backside so he could not play but there were some crossed wires somewhere and they ended up with Tony Archer and he shot himself in his own foot... so i was told by the F.B.N.R.L.I;);)

the storm deserve their win and yes i am disappointed about the loss
and had the eels won i think Fui would have got the best on field

the storm have had there turn at the top its about to become someone else's turn as for who is yet to be seen...........well that's what the guy hiding in the back street shadows in the long rain coat said anyway:whistle::whistle::lol:

---------- Post added 05-10-2009 at 05:25 PM ----------

1001 now!!!!! is that when they come and take me away

or is it 1002, oh man help me pleeeeeeese

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Slater strip / knock on was a big call but as you have so accurately describe these things **** happens.

Yep 3rd place for the Storm next year as it is time for an all Sydney GF.....

Bring on 2010......

Ross

Back
Top Bottom