Who has a spare $90,000

I'm in for 1 dollar at the moment, Thanks!

Thanks for that. You can always increase that later down the track. Cheers

Amount raised

anakinleo -$500.00
AyiosYiorgos - $500.00
Cebru - $254.10
ooneil - $245.90
onvision - $1.00

Total $1501.00

C'mon everybody, we need your support !!!!! Don't just read the thread..... SUPPORT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly - this does not have group buy approval on this site. At first I think you were joking - clearly you have too much time on your hands - might see if your employer can give you something more to do :p Drop the group buy dreams - it isn't going to happen here.

Does anyone realise the Jordan is probably a signed "reproduction" RC ? The PSA/DNA has been done in a blue flip which is autograph authentication only, and the auto has been graded. That's it.

Does anyone realise the Jordan is probably a signed "reproduction" RC ? The PSA/DNA has been done in a blue flip which is autograph authentication only, and the auto has been graded. That's it.

wait a minute!!!!!!! How do you tell what is a reproduction and actual card if it is in the case? I understand the blue flip part and are agree with that but a reproduction card is a no go!!!!!!!!!!

When i first spotted this thread i thought ..o no..another idiot wanting big bucks for a lameass card..
But..wow !!!...damned impressive

wait a minute!!!!!!! How do you tell what is a reproduction and actual card if it is in the case? I understand the blue flip part and are agree with that but a reproduction card is a no go!!!!!!!!!!

I'll double check re if PSA would slab a reprint in a blue flip ....

I didn't read the part where he says it's a "real Michael Jordan card" ..... but it is only the auto thats been authenticated and the auto that has been graded. PSA slab signed index cards in blue flips, but not red ones. Seems strange that he wouldnt get this card in a red flip ..... unless it was a reprint.

Just seems strange that he would do that.

When i first spotted this thread i thought ..o no..another idiot wanting big bucks for a lameass card..
But..wow !!!...damned impressive

That is a truely impressive set, one of a kind set. Wanna be part of it? Cheers Alex

---------- Post added 30-09-2011 at 02:46 PM ----------

I'll double check re if PSA would slab a reprint in a blue flip ....

I didn't read the part where he says it's a "real Michael Jordan card" ..... but it is only the auto thats been authenticated and the auto that has been graded. PSA slab signed index cards in blue flips, but not red ones. Seems strange that he wouldnt get this card in a red flip ..... unless it was a reprint.

Just seems strange that he would do that.

If that MJ is not the real RC card, there will be no value in this set. A big chuck of the value resides in that MJ card as he can no longer sign his RC card anymore. Thanks for clarifying, well at least it puts back re-assurance into people's mind that this set is legit. Cheers

---------- Post added 30-09-2011 at 03:06 PM ----------

Firstly - this does not have group buy approval on this site. At first I think you were joking - clearly you have too much time on your hands - might see if your employer can give you something more to do :p Drop the group buy dreams - it isn't going to happen here.

Before I move forward with this, I need to clarify that this thread is not a group buy thread. This is very much a discussion thread on this set and the possibilities that surrounds it. Cheers Alex

/\/\
not a group buy?! youve got a tally of whos putting in how much...

Thanks for the reply.... thought the thread was dead....

well I have to admit that it was my suggestion but it does not need to be followed. I just want to hear what other possibilities there are out there.

Sometimes, we put Ebay items of which all of us can dream about but do nothing about it. Most of us would say, nah we can't afford that, nah we do not have that kind of money. I know that is reality but negative as well.

I work for a large corporation in one of our manager's training is to think big and nothing is impossible to achieve if you put your heart and soul to it. People will put you down and people will give you the cold shoulders and knock you off your feet.

I do not want to be a guy admiring sets from afar, I want to be the person owning the set and being admired from afar. That is the difference.

A big challenge, yes I agree but I will never give up.

Thanks for the reply.... thought the thread was dead....

well I have to admit that it was my suggestion but it does not need to be followed. I just want to hear what other possibilities there are out there.

Sometimes, we put Ebay items of which all of us can dream about but do nothing about it. Most of us would say, nah we can't afford that, nah we do not have that kind of money. I know that is reality but negative as well.

I work for a large corporation in one of our manager's training is to think big and nothing is impossible to achieve if you put your heart and soul to it. People will put you down and people will give you the cold shoulders and knock you off your feet.

I do not want to be a guy admiring sets from afar, I want to be the person owning the set and being admired from afar. That is the difference.

A big challenge, yes I agree but I will never give up.

The reason you won't find many takers is that situations like these usually end up in tears! I mean, for real man, how many people that you meet online, can you trust with the kind of money you're talking about here?

This thread is laughable.

Some parts are. Need to read between the lines to find out which parts are. Have fun guessing

---------- Post added 30-09-2011 at 05:26 PM ----------

I just wanted to create a little bit of banter between members on here because it's a great talking piece but this has gotten way out of hand in my opinion.:lol:

It was still manageable until too many skeptics came in and spoilt the thread. Anyway thanks for letting me hijacking the thread. cheers Alex

---------- Post added 30-09-2011 at 05:39 PM ----------

Before I signed off on this thread

just like to say thank you to all the categories of people here

1. People who believed in this idea are the true entrepreneurs.
2. People who did not have any money to contribute because of financial circumstances, you guys are the true hobbyist who can enjoy card collecting within your limited budgets.
3. People who are skeptical about this... well this lot are the normal ones who just want to get on with life without any hassles.

Have learnt a lot about each member here over this course of thread. Over and out.

You forgot a 4th category ...

4) Those who don't know when to give up

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

To answer my own question from before, the Jordan RC is ONLY autograph authenticated and graded. PSA have not said that the card is authentic.

From the PSA/DNA website :

Autograph Authentication
Sports, entertainment and historical autographs can be submitted to PSA/DNA. From Babe Ruth to Marilyn Monroe to Abraham Lincoln, PSA/DNA can handle a variety of autographs and employs experts with a diverse knowledge base to meet your autograph authentication needs. After reviewing the signature or signatures, the experts render an opinion about the authenticity of the autographs submitted based on their knowledge and analysis. A certificate (COA) or letter of authenticity (LOA) is generated if the item passes inspection. In addition, the item is tagged with synthetic DNA that is unique to our company, a unique certification number is generated and the information is stored in our database.

Autograph Grading
After an autograph passes PSA/DNA authentication, it is then eligible for grading. The experts are simply grading the condition of the autograph. They are not grading the penmanship or legibility of the signature; they are grading the quality of the autograph in context, based on the writing habits of the signer. The autographs are graded on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being best. This service is available for items signed on any medium; however, signed baseballs have a different grading standard.

So the Jordan may be authentic, but PSA have not authenticated/graded the card, only the auto. Which is still cool, but wouldn't you want to know the card was real as well ?

By all means go ahead and keep the dream alive, I'd love to see this collection on our shores but don't go and judge people because of their views in this thread alone.
I am now lost for words and you have taken my original post way to serious, however it has provided me with a few laughs.

Some parts are. Need to read between the lines to find out which parts are. Have fun guessing

---------- Post added 30-09-2011 at 05:26 PM ----------

It was still manageable until too many skeptics came in and spoilt the thread. Anyway thanks for letting me hijacking the thread. cheers Alex

---------- Post added 30-09-2011 at 05:39 PM ----------

Before I signed off on this thread

just like to say thank you to all the categories of people here

1. People who believed in this idea are the true entrepreneurs.
2. People who did not have any money to contribute because of financial circumstances, you guys are the true hobbyist who can enjoy card collecting within your limited budgets.
3. People who are skeptical about this... well this lot are the normal ones who just want to get on with life without any hassles.

Have learnt a lot about each member here over this course of thread. Over and out.

Damn it....this means I sold my kidney for nothing! Anyone have a spare one? Got $20K to spend!

Back
Top Bottom