Which is more popular NRL or AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
not your fault afl has to buy talent

not talent their trying to buy...clearly its a maketing ploy,no way in the world you would see a vic,sa or wa club recruit a league player.

i have alot of respect for league but i love afl with a passion and it will allways be the greatest game on earth to me....though id probs feel that way about league if i was born in nsw or qld:v:

omg you nrl meatheads cant be serious can you?
i dont know how you could honestly say that nrl is better in anyway.
rugby is one of the most boring games there is (even tho i follow it a little)
afl has got everything...its the ultimate sport. what does nrl have? bum sniffing, getting arrested and raping people for fun.

IMO :)

---------- Post added 17-01-2010 at 09:55 PM ----------

AFL is a national game. It is the sport of choice in SA, VIC, NT, WA and TAS.

5 out of the 7 states.

NRL is obviously more popular in NSW and QLD.

Difference being that AFL sides still exist profitably in these states.

AFL >>>>>>> NBL>>>>>>>>WNBL>>>>>>>>NRL. (IMO).

Oh and there are a CRAPLOAD more AFL card collectors and sellers out there.

End of story.

well said :D

Oh please, talk about the pot calling the kettle black, there has never been any incidents in AFL all players are angels, won't mention Cousins and his WA boys, or Carey ha ha you are kidding and no AFL player has ever been questioned about sexual assualt...
Each to there own, and you do know that Rugby (UNION) IS NOT League (NRL)...

omg you nrl meatheads cant be serious can you?
i dont know how you could honestly say that nrl is better in anyway.
rugby is one of the most boring games there is (even tho i follow it a little)
afl has got everything...its the ultimate sport. what does nrl have? bum sniffing, getting arrested and raping people for fun.

IMO :)

---------- Post added 17-01-2010 at 09:55 PM ----------

well said :D

yea i know that union is not leauge. but im saying all rugby is crap. there isnt alot of difference to me. and i never said that it doesnt happen in afl. but c'mon, we all know it happend in nrl alot more than afl

HAHAH This is amusing... Karmichaeel Hunt walks out of the NRL into AFL for more MONEY and suddenly the AFL are poaching?!? Please, get a fking clue. Publicity stunt indeed. While all sports seem to have their media attention for unruly incidents the NRL seems to out number other sports 5 to 1!! Even in such a pro-AFL state like SA the news stories of unruly behaviour in NRL outnumbered the AFL ones 10 too 1.

AFL is a National sport, NRL is an East Coast sport! And whoever was trying to bring up the **** about the All Australian team playing only the Irish, is it really worth the Kangaroos playing anyone but the All Blacks?

AFL will always be the more prominent sport in Australia in every aspect, Trading cards, Club Memberships, Crowd Attendances and Endorsements.

If any NRL supporter disagrees with most of the above then your living in a fairy land where there's nothing but NRL, people in the real world know!

yea i know that union is not leauge. but im saying all rugby is crap. there isnt alot of difference to me. and i never said that it doesnt happen in afl. but c'mon, we all know it happend in nrl alot more than afl

There are just as many bad incidents in AFL as there is in NRL. For some reason the media protects the AFL while the media goes out of it's way to find crap on NRL players. There has been barely any mention of AFL player Andrew Lovett's alleged rape case while one of the 'major' news stories in sport last week was NRL's Greg Bird was snapped doing nothing but holding his and his mate's beers at the races.

---------- Post added 18-01-2010 at 10:23 AM ----------

Did you mean 6 years older than you? (lol)(tic) :p

Guys - The question was "Which is more popular AFL or NRL in trading cards"
You only have to look at the Case shares done here to determine that; there were 3 AFL Case Shares done here and only 1 NRL one (I think).

So from a trading card perspective you would imagine it is AFL (JMHO)

There was at least three case shares on here for the last NRL set.

this has been a very funny read :p
clearly shane_sharks know nothing about AFL, im the first to admit i know nothing about rugby but i wont go chirping my month off about something i know nothing about. whats western sydney folding got to do with which is more popular? im hoping west syd fold too coz i wont a tassie team first dam it ;) and the all aust team plays Irland Shane, just incase you were making a smart comment without knowing all the info.

they are both big games here in Oz but lets be honest with ourselves here guys, AFL is clearly the more popular of the 2 sports, in every aspect. even if you are a die hard league or union fan, its not hard to see that AFL is more popular around the whole country!

AFL is a national game. It is the sport of choice in SA, VIC, NT, WA and TAS.

5 out of the 7 states.

NRL is obviously more popular in NSW and QLD.

Difference being that AFL sides still exist profitably in these states.

AFL >>>>>>> NBL>>>>>>>>WNBL>>>>>>>>NRL. (IMO).

Oh and there are a CRAPLOAD more AFL card collectors and sellers out there.

End of story.

I live in NSW i was born and bred in VIC the thing is that we take our footy with us, my son plays AFL ive coached up here for four years Shaun Renn is also a coach in our Jr. footy club.We love NSW and we are doing our bit to promote The Australian game in NSW.There are thousands of us up here. Aussie rules is growing in NSW and QLD it gets bigger every year.With the introduction of the 2 new clubs, AFL will be a force to recon with, no two ways about it.

Its great to see all the passionate supports of each code.

In regards to the select print run, there is approximately 1/3 more AFL than NRL printed in the second series. This gives an of indication of which code is more in demand amongst collectors.

I follow both codes and in my opinion afl is the more followed of the 2. I say this base on the crowd sizes, club membership numbers and the expansion of the code over the last 10 years.

Dont get me wrong i love all sports, NRL and Rugby are both awsome games.They are more about brutal strengh with ball skills thown in, gotta respect that.

this has been a very funny read :p
clearly shane_sharks know nothing about AFL, im the first to admit i know nothing about rugby but i wont go chirping my month off about something i know nothing about. whats western sydney folding got to do with which is more popular? im hoping west syd fold too coz i wont a tassie team first dam it ;) and the all aust team plays Irland Shane, just incase you were making a smart comment without knowing all the info.

they are both big games here in Oz but lets be honest with ourselves here guys, AFL is clearly the more popular of the 2 sports, in every aspect. even if you are a die hard league or union fan, its not hard to see that AFL is more popular around the whole country!

I agree with you that they are both big games in the country, possibly the two biggest codes after cricket, but I wouldn't be so certain that AFL is the more popular. The NRL won the nation wide tv ratings battle this year, even some of our Toyota Cup matches (the under 20's comp) out rated some AFL games on Fox but then the AFL games got bigger game day attendances and member numbers.

Living here in Canberra I know of probably two people who follow AFL but almost everybody I know follows NRL and I'm sure it would be the opposite way around if I lived in Melbourne.

I'm not saying one is more popular than the other but I think it is a lot closer than most die hards from either side want to believe.

AFL may be the game of melbourne/most of australia. However im a league fan born and bred :lol:. But i believe that you cant sit here and compare the two, its just insane. I have never watched AFL, played AFL or even had a decent conversation about AFL. But i can still say BOTH league and AFL players have talent - just different talents.

Personally i think Karmichael Hunt's decision to move was beat up by the media much more than it had to be. He wasnt much of a player IMO anyway, so let AFL have him. Also we must remember that saying "NRL players all move overseas for union" is really a unfair arguement as everyone knows Union has more money on their plate to spend on players than league does, that is a fact. So players go to union to get the most money, who wouldnt? These days club loyalty doesnt mean alot to the players anymore.

And AFL fans, you can argue the point of "more money, more supporters and more talent" forever, but you will never convince league fans that AFL is the better sport. Thats just the way it is.
Brplat

Seeing as I have more than half a brain, I don't watch rugby. :lol:

AFL seems to be the more popular trading sport, just look at the difference in posts/views in the Buying/Selling/Trading thread; AFL B/S/T has 1,523 threads & 8,853 views and NRL B/S/T has 1,016 threads & 7.052 views. ;)

Seeing as I have more than half a brain, I don't watch rugby. :lol:

AFL seems to be the more popular trading sport, just look at the difference in posts/views in the Buying/Selling/Trading thread; AFL B/S/T has 1,523 threads & 8,853 views and NRL B/S/T has 1,016 threads & 7.052 views. ;)

well said, end of discussion. AFL wins :p

i think the NRL is more popular::thumbsup:

i really do not know much about the gAyFL but we really cant compare the 2 by how many states either sport is in etc the nrl is compressed to 3 states and 1 Territory while the gAyFL is spread out thus making gAyFL home games draw bigger crowds.

if we are going to compare the gAyFL cards to NRL cards The gAyFL get heaps more boxes making the inserts etc worth less and more kids get into them where as the NRL cards are harder to obtain and are worth more. :thumbsup:;)
i think the reason Select started doing the gAyFL cards instead of Rugby League was because Dynamic Marketing had the ARL licence in the 90's until 1999 but they could purchase the gAyFL licence cheap so they went that way instead.

:pand to add an additional personal opinion i would like to say it is a lot easier to kick a ball over someone's head in a huge oval with 4 goal posts (2 extra posts to make the miss kicks look better) than it is to out manoeuvre a defender and place a ball down on the ground in a smaller rectangular area.:D:lol: lets be honest with our selves and just admit that rugby league players are bigger, stronger, faster, more skillfull and smarter than a gAyFL player who just has to figure out which direction he has to kick the ball:lol::D:lol::D

best of luck which ever your Code:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom