Where is everyone going?

This may just be me and my preference but if a seller lists as "make me an offer" I generally don't bother unless it's a must have card. Chances are the seller knows what he wants for it and is simply hoping to get an offer much higher.

If there's a nice card and I like the price I'll jump on it straight away. No price, I pretty much won't bother.
Same here.

This may just be me and my preference but if a seller lists as "make me an offer" I generally don't bother unless it's a must have card. Chances are the seller knows what he wants for it and is simply hoping to get an offer much higher.

If there's a nice card and I like the price I'll jump on it straight away. No price, I pretty much won't bother.

Agree with everything here. When selling cards, as courtesy I give prices on the cards so we know what ballpark we can talk. "Make me an offer" reeks of trying to get more $ than what may come if a price is listed.
It's meant to be fun for us as collectors, whether a buyer or seller.

If you have "Make me an offer" - chances are, I won't.

Burning $300 on boxes and coming away with a $25 card always stings for me.

I've always wondered - are hits distributed randomly by a machine or is there some quality control in place?

Random Example - If each box gets 4 hits (say a rookie auto, auto, patch and jersey)

Box 1 - Franklin Rc Auto / Willis auto / Walton patch / Mullin Jersey

Box 2 - Giannis Rc Auto / Kobe auto / Durant patch / Wade Jersey

Would love a tour of Panni's factory to see how they get waxed

Yep would like to see it also, I reckon it would be tighter than Area 51.
Is there even regulations in place, I bet there is nothing.
They are literally printing money in my opinion.

I think it has a lot to do with the AUD loosing value against the USD as well as rising prices in boxes and singles. I personally have busted a box in a couple of years and that cause the value isnt there. I would rather bust old wax due to nostalgia and the fun of old inserts but even that is pricey now. Also I think the prospecting is a little out hand as it only takes a couple of games to make a players prices go from cheap to overpriced. I was enjoying landing Thon cards for dirt cheap and then he got placed in the starting line up and now his prices are over the top. I am still landing the odd card, but now its mainly base and whatever insert is reasonable.

Panini exclusivity ruined this hobby. They've flooded the market with utter sh*t and will continue to do so until the landscape changes.

Agree with comment 12/13 was last reasonable year. 09/10 was last good year.

26 Panini Products in 15/16 Releases. That's a hell of a lot to try and collect a PC player or even sets etc. over a 12 month period?

Absolute
Black Gold
Clear vision (What a joke this release was)
Complete
Contenders Draft Picks
Court Kings
Donruss
Excalibur
Flawless
Gala

Gold Standard
Hoops
Immaculate
Immaculate College
Limited
Luxe
National Treasures
Noir
Preferred

Prestige
Prizm
Revolution
Select
Spectra
Threads
Totally Certified

26 Panini Products in 15/16 Releases. That's a hell of a lot to try and collect a PC player or even sets etc. over a 12 month period?

Absolute
Black Gold
Complete
Contenders Draft Picks
Court Kings
Donruss
Excalibur
Flawless
Gala

Gold Standard
Hoops
Immaculate
Immaculate College
Limited
Luxe
National Treasures
Noir
Preferred

Prestige
Prizm
Revolution
Select
Spectra
Threads
Totally Certified

Not only that, but if you compare the quality to those that have have been in previous year releases I'm sure everyone will agree that this version is less desirable.

Ie Gold Standard, TC, NT, Immaculate, absolute, limited, flawless, court kings, spectra, preferred and contenders. All these were a step backward.

I know you can't have a winner every time but that sure is a lot to regress with.

Absolute
Black Gold
Complete
Contenders Draft Picks
Court Kings
Donruss
Excalibur
Flawless
Gala

Gold Standard
Hoops
Immaculate
Immaculate College
Limited
Luxe
National Treasures
Noir
Preferred

Prestige
Prizm
Revolution
Select
Spectra
Threads
Totally Certified

On further investigation, I have had a look 10 years back 2005-06 and these are the 31 releases as below (Have a look at some of the junk that was being produced 10 yrs ago, makes Panini not look so bad!!)

:- So don't believe Panini is getting greedy or over supplying the market, just in some cases, not producing the best type or quality product.

2005 Press Pass
2005 Sage Hit
Bazooka
Bowman
Bowman Chrome
Exquisite
Finest
Greats of the Game
Hoops
Reflections
SP Authentic
SP Game Used
SP Signature

SPx
Sweet Shot
Topps
Topps Big Game
Topps Chrome
Topps First Row
Topps Luxury Box
Topps Pristine
Topps Style
Topps Total
UD Portraits
Ultimate Collection
Upper Deck
Upper Deck ESPN
Upper Deck Hardcourt
Upper Deck Rookie Debut
Upper Deck Slam
Upper Deck Trilogy

On further investigation, I have had a look 10 years back 2005-06 and these are the 31 releases as below (Have a look at some of the junk that was being produced 10 yrs ago, makes Panini not look so bad!!)

:- So don't believe Panini is getting greedy or over supplying the market, just in some cases, not producing the best type or quality product.

2005 Press Pass
2005 Sage Hit
Bazooka
Bowman
Bowman Chrome
Exquisite
Finest
Greats of the Game
Hoops
Reflections
SP Authentic
SP Game Used
SP Signature

SPx
Sweet Shot
Topps
Topps Big Game
Topps Chrome
Topps First Row
Topps Luxury Box
Topps Pristine
Topps Style
Topps Total
UD Portraits
Ultimate Collection
Upper Deck
Upper Deck ESPN
Upper Deck Hardcourt
Upper Deck Rookie Debut
Upper Deck Slam
Upper Deck Trilogy

And the releases from 20 years ago, 1996-97 produced 22 releases.

Collectors Edge
Pacific Power
Press Pass
Scoreboard
SPx
Bowmans Best
Collectors Choice
E-X2000
Finest
Flair Showcase
Fleer
Hoops
Metal
Skybox Premium
SP
Stadium Club
Topps
Topps Chrome
UD3
Ultra
Upper Deck
Z-Force

2005 Press Pass
2005 Sage Hit
Bazooka
Bowman
Bowman Chrome
Exquisite
Finest
Greats of the Game
Hoops
Reflections
SP Authentic
SP Game Used
SP Signature

SPx
Sweet Shot
Topps
Topps Big Game
Topps Chrome
Topps First Row
Topps Luxury Box
Topps Pristine
Topps Style
Topps Total
UD Portraits
Ultimate Collection
Upper Deck
Upper Deck ESPN
Upper Deck Hardcourt
Upper Deck Rookie Debut
Upper Deck Slam
Upper Deck Trilogy

Does the bold represent quality products?

If so, then you missed a bunch.

Finest, SP Authentic, SPx, Portraits, Trilogy and I'd even add First Row and Pristine as decent. There's a few others in there I'm not sure about, Bowman Chrome was a miss that year.

Any collector that's been around for a while is totally being turned off by Panini. They don't even have a clear no. 1 product. I thought Eminence was getting there but it's a one and done by the looks.

New collectors probably know nothing else, so they'll be fine and probably love the selection, even though Panini has used the model of the other companies before them.

But I agree with others, the Ausd is a killer.

Does the bold represent quality products?

If so, then you missed a bunch.

Finest = Prizm, SP Authentic = Gold Standard, SPx = Spectra, Portraits No way, Trilogy = Limited and I'd even add First Row and Pristine as decent. There's a few others in there I'm not sure about, Bowman Chrome = Select was a miss that year.

I've brought 100 case's of cards plus 100's of loose boxes over the past 10 years, 4 with upperdeck, 6 with Panini only. I've found the re sale value of upperdeck to be much better, with uppderdeck you had the top rookies plus maybe a Jordan/Lebron.
Panini have killed the value of Kobe and Durant, and the quality of Panini has dropped as others have already mentioned.
This year is even worse again with Panini not being able to sign Ben Simmons and the rookie class being the worst for value since 05/06 or 06/07 but at least with those years you had Jordan/Lebron to help prop up a less than fantastic draft class.
If Panini keep the license going forward they WILL KILL the hobby, no doubt in my mind.
The other reason I stopped buying was the amount of low balling scum bags and low life people who just want to make a quick buck off my back (if I asked for top dollar then I would expect some haggling, but ive always carefully considered the price I sell cards), there is no point in complaining which is why ive stopped busting wax.

Thats a good point. Can you imagine the values of MJ and LBJ autos these days if Panini got their hands on them? There'd be 27,000 versions of each floating around. Its a joke when you can get a relatively low numbered Kobe auto (case hit) for under $100.

Why would you even buy a boxes these days?

Um... There were 3+ manufacturers then though, whereas now there is just Panini.
And look at how many issues here have been just with Panini - wrong/fake patches, fake autos, REPLAY, "reward" points, etc etc. They SUCK.

Back
Top Bottom