Whats some good TV shows to watch?

Unsure if anyone else has covered it, but I just finished Jessica Jones

8/10

Really excited for season 2.

Now should I move on to Luke Cage or Iron Fist next?

'daredevil' is the only one of these series' that i actually liked...thought the rest were kinda shoddy. especially 'iron fist'. might still give 'the punisher' a go tho...

just watched 'no activity', the AUS version. hilarious.
about to start 'godless'. been looking for a good western since 'deadwood', so i got high hopes...
'mike judge presents: tales from the tour bus' was pretty funny aswell. even if youre not into country music...

Last edited:
I enjoyed Iron Fist and the Punisher is a great watch. Luke cage is the only one in the franchise I didn't watch.
luke cage is probably my second favorite. but since we have pretty different ideas about iron fist, you should take that with a grain of salt...

Thought I would throw in my 2 cents for some Netflix shows I have watched recently.

Mindhunter - 9/10 - I like the old 'serial killer' genre and this show certainly delivers with some interesting characters and well acted cast. Can't wait for season 2.
The Sinner - 7/10 - A decent show, well acted with some twists but there were a few plot holes
Manhunt Unabomber - 7.5/10 - Based on the true story of Ted Kaczynski (the Unabomber), who is portrayed well. A good show but I am not a huge fan of Sam Worthington as the lead.
Confession Tapes - 8/10 - Certainly worth watching if you like the true crime docuseries like Making a Murderer and the Keepers, but not up to their standard.
Wormwood - 8.5/10 - A six part true story docu-drama. An interesting story.
American Vandal - 6.5/10 - I didn't really enjoy this as much as others have. Wasn't that funny and the acting was a bit meh.

And some other shows -
The Leftovers season 1-3 - 8.5/10 - Although there is some strange things that happen throughout, this is an engaging show with great performances, especially Carrie Coon.
Fargo season 1 and 2 - 10/10 - One of my favorite shows, loved both seasons. Billy Bob Thorntons character, Lorne Malvo, has to be one of my favourite characters in any tv show. Martin Freeman is great in season 1 as well, while Kirstin Dunst deserves plaudits for season 2. But there were so many great performances and terrific storylines. Watch it if you haven't.

Fargo season 1 and 2 - 10/10 - One of my favorite shows, loved both seasons. Billy Bob Thorntons character, Lorne Malvo, has to be one of my favourite characters in any tv show. Martin Freeman is great in season 1 as well, while Kirstin Dunst deserves plaudits for season 2. But there were so many great performances and terrific storylines. Watch it if you haven't.

have you seen season 3? ewan mcgregor plays twins. i didnt enjoy it quite as much as the first two, but still really good.
and agreed on 'manhunt' aswell. including worthington's 'meh' performance.

Last edited:
have you seen season 3? ewan mcgregor plays twins. i didnt enjoy it quite as much as the first two, but still really good.
and agreed on 'manhunt' aswell. including worthington's 'meh' performance.

Yeah I saw season 3 when it first came out and agree with you, not quite as good, still would rate it 8.5-9/10 though.
:)

finished 'godless'. it was alright i guess. 5-6/10. some nice scenery, but it felt cheap and unrealistic. the main story was alright, but there were so many loose threads in the sub-plots.
i think maybe deadwood has ruined all other western TV series for me...

just caught up with 'superstore'. one of the better sitcoms out there at the minute.
also tried 'young sheldon'. from someone who cant stand 'the big bang theory' (one of the unfunniest shows around in my opinion), i was pleasantly surprised. will probably stick with it.

Westworld starts up again tonight :woot::woot:=D>
Gonna check out season 2 of Fargo also, first season was a cracker.
Last i knew Westworld season 2 wasnt starting til late April. Would be happy if it they have moved it forward but havent seen/heard anything suggesting they have. Well worth checking this show out for those who havent seen it yet.

Last i knew Westworld season 2 wasnt starting til late April. Would be happy if it they have moved it forward but havent seen/heard anything suggesting they have. Well worth checking this show out for those who havent seen it yet.
Just found out that bad news myself today too, had my hopes up prematurely :( April 18 ..

just saw the first couple of episodes of 'waco'...about the waco siege. i think its pretty good. the dude playing koresh does a great job.
and just found my old 'kenny vs spenny' DVDs, so started rewatching those...still hilarious. two guys (one honest, the other a cheat) compete in ridiculous competitions (i.e. who can sit on a cow the longest) and the loser performs a humiliation:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-iasUx5Ras

Back
Top Bottom