What Would You Pay?

It's official I'm definitely living in the past...

Hoops $50
Prizm $100 with more base & less parallels like the original
Select $200 more parallels and pretty colours a more premium version of prizm
Impeccable $300
NT $400 this product has gone down hill so fast, gets a bump solely because of RPAs
Noir 500
Immac $750 is a way better product than NT and probably still paninis most exquisite-ish product imo
Flawless $1k something for the "elite"

I think some of those are too cheap. Impeccable at $300 per box would kill off many other products. Where would Prestige/ Threads sit? I don't think there is enough of a gap there for them if Prizm was $100.

I like your pricing on NT, Noir, Immac, Flawless and yes, that is what NT should be given what they currently put in it. Brutal value.

I nearly slotted in at 300 with impeccable but cant deny the RPA factor but the stickers on nearly everything really ruins it. Impeccable that (I think) is all on card and basically looks the same is the better buy.

Oh I forgot Court Kings as well which probably sits between Prizm & Select on my list...

For resale value etc prizm is way too low on my list but I'm so over the shiny card era that I wouldnt buy a box unless it was cheap

@TAB1980 I did think about that and personally for me I wouldnt mind more impeccable and less other products, impeccable is way undervalued I think currently compared to other products

Impeccable undervalued for sure. I get the shiny Prizm love given the link to Topps Chrome Refractor link and all the longing for old school love but man, 19-20 Prizm like what, $1000 a box. INSANE. FKN INSANE. what is everyone doing for jobs????? Lol 😝

i know I don’t have as much disposable income as some given I have 3 kids and don’t have a corporate high paying job or anything but mannnnnnnnn, how is this sustainable. I don’t understand!

Also, I’m seriously in love with grading at the moment and for long term preservation and I’m seriously considering looking at a small business plan (to start) or maybe some angel investor scoping on creating a grading company in Australia. This wait time is insane. We need an Aussie option and also a serious Aussie option. Not a joke one.

Also, I’m seriously in love with grading at the moment and for long term preservation and I’m seriously considering looking at a small business plan (to start) or maybe some angel investor scoping on creating a grading company in Australia. This wait time is insane. We need an Aussie option and also a serious Aussie option. Not a joke one.

With the popularity of grading etc. over the years it's always surprised me BGS or PSA haven't opened international locations.

The cost for equipment needed surely isn't that high. There must be "expert graders" in the US that would love to move overseas to be Asia / Pacific CEO or just work as trainers for staff here.

So do we think box prices will eventually return to somewhere close to what they used to be? If so, how long?

Personally, i don't see this as being sustainable. Might take about 5 years or so though.

With the popularity of grading etc. over the years it's always surprised me BGS or PSA haven't opened international locations.

The cost for equipment needed surely isn't that high. There must be "expert graders" in the US that would love to move overseas to be Asia / Pacific CEO or just work as trainers for staff here.

I thought for sure they’d have an AUs branch 2 years ago given the volume. Stunning

I reckon entry level products like Hoops should be affordable to kids who can save up pocket money/chores/birthday money so should be sub 100. And there should also be no premium version of that product to distract them to that or detract from the normal release.

ive mentally got Select as a more premium product than Prizm too.

i couldnt agree more! Kids have nothing now

Next up!

Shaquille O’Neal Scoring Kings

8E511B2E-E2CC-4EA0-858C-3B828A3FB73D.jpeg

Haha awesome, me too, just had my 40th in October. I’m finding this a very common birth year for people coming back to the hobby!

Happy Birthday mate! I just scrape into this year with mine :lol:

This is actually my second "return" to collecting - my first came in 2009 I think, when out of curiosity I checked Ebay for prices of the iconic cards from when I was a kid. Things were super cheap at that point and I had adult money, so I started building all the sets I could never afford. The first ones were 93-94 SE Die Cut All-Stars and 93-94 Scoring Kings, which I've still got.

I moved overseas in 2011 and left my collection behind, which I didn't even think about until I came back at the end of 2017. Saw how much some of it was going for at that point, and decided to get rid of a bunch of it to get some funds.

Since then i've sold loads and built some other sets, but like I said - this year i've really focused on consolidating things into fewer and fewer items that I love and wanna hold, not just build sets.

Happy Birthday mate! I just scrape into this year with mine :lol:

This is actually my second "return" to collecting - my first came in 2009 I think, when out of curiosity I checked Ebay for prices of the iconic cards from when I was a kid. Things were super cheap at that point and I had adult money, so I started building all the sets I could never afford. The first ones were 93-94 SE Die Cut All-Stars and 93-94 Scoring Kings, which I've still got.

I moved overseas in 2011 and left my collection behind, which I didn't even think about until I came back at the end of 2017. Saw how much some of it was going for at that point, and decided to get rid of a bunch of it to get some funds.

Since then i've sold loads and built some other sets, but like I said - this year i've really focused on consolidating things into fewer and fewer items that I love and wanna hold, not just build sets.

Thanks mate! haha how bizarre is that too, check my date I joined here.....2009! crazy!

Back
Top Bottom