What was your favourite card obtained in 2023?

Had a very quite year in 2023 buying cards.Can,t work out which card was my favorite.
So ,sorry it has to be these one,s.

17040796264095113037401602501695.jpg

I'm too embarrassed to show mine.

An in person auto of Terry Lamb.

Hopefully getting some Nathan Cleary cards this year. Can't believe a 2017 NRL traders in person auto of his just went for only $15 on ebay. The dude who auctioned it has learned a valuable lesson. Do not auction anything unless it's super rare and special. What a bargain.

Last edited:
I forgot about these. Graded them myself. Thought the Johns base card may have snuck an 8. Not a big deal. I'm not selling them.

5B149E71-12A8-42AA-A293-5EDD82768023.jpeg

It's my fave because I absolutely loved the 1994 Dynamic set. Really nice cards and a trip down memory lane when cleaning out the local newsagent hunting the Gold foil cards.

Last edited:
That 1994 S2 set had quite a few what I would call genuine rookie cards. Not first card made of the player, etc. The Johns in a 10 would be a really nice card long term.

Last edited:
I'm too embarrassed to show mine.

An in person auto of Terry Lamb.

Hopefully getting some Nathan Cleary cards this year. Can't believe a 2017 NRL traders in person auto of his just went for only $15 on ebay. The dude who auctioned it has learned a valuable lesson. Do not auction anything unless it's super rare and special. What a bargain.
It's what is important to you, not that is a rare #/20 Team Sig or the like. Why is Paps so sort after above so many other star players, who will be the next
player to chase above all others ? As a collector you should want the players you want, not the cards that are worth the most. Thats investing, but nice to
have for trade value.

Had a very quite year in 2023 buying cards.Can,t work out which card was my favorite.
So ,sorry it has to be these one,s.

17040796264095113037401602501695.jpg
Wish there were more older players in releases (I know there's licencing issues). There's a chunk of players from the late 90s that missed out on card releases. A Stacey Jones sig would be the top of my wish list.

Wish there were more older players in releases (I know there's licencing issues). There's a chunk of players from the late 90s that missed out on card releases. A Stacey Jones sig would be the top of my wish list.
I totally agree with you. Even if there were more foil signatures of the players from the 50,s onwards, that would be a step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom