What to do with Gerald Green?

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Green had been talked as one of the best SF's in the draft and top five pick but slid to 18. I'd personally like him to stay and practice hard with PP and Ricky D every day. Thats got to do wonders for him and more importantly his mental state. He may get court time in the NBDL but its impact on his atitude and conifidence would be more shattering than a bunch of DNP's. Let the kid sit and learn. His time will come.

If he does go to the NBDL I'l certainy jump on his RCs when they take a albeit small dive in price.

Eyes on a rook: C’s brass sees gold in Green
By Mark Murphy
Monday, November 14, 2005 - Updated: 06:47 AM EST

They may not run the team this way, but when their thoughts turn to Gerald Green, Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge quite simply can’t make up their minds.
“As a group, we change our minds once a week,” Rivers, the Celtics coach, said of the debate over whether to send the rookie to the team’s NBDL affiliate in Fort Myers, Fla. “If he goes, it will be a case of Danny and I waking up one morning and just suddenly saying, ‘OK, let’s just do it.’ ”
Even though Green was listed as inactive for a sixth straight game last night as the C’s beat Houston, 102-82, his feelings are hardly a mystery.
“I think there’s a big benefit to me staying here,” Green said of the daily lessons that come with playing against Paul Pierce and Ricky Davis in practice. “Me staying here would be a big benefit.”
Director of basketball operations Ainge tends to agree.
“We’re evaluating the situation every day, but I think he’s doing well,” Ainge said. “I see him improving right now. In all areas it looks like he’s feeling more comfortable.
“Right now, I’m just trying to figure out what’s better for him,” he added. “But he’s definitely going to be here for a significant part of the season.”
The benefit of participating in daily workouts against Pierce and Davis – the two players playing roles that closely fit into Green’s future job description – has Rivers particularly intrigued.
“That’s my argument right now,” the C’s coach said. “There’s no concrete answer to that. But then there are some days when I lean toward letting him just play somewhere.”
The quickest path to Green’s NBA future remains an abstract notion.
“But when you see Gerald Green, you know that he’s going to be a player in this league someday,” Rivers said. “I know he’ll be a player.
“Tracy (McGrady) didn’t play for a year and a half,” Rivers said. “Jermaine O’Neal sat on the bench for three years before people knew (about him).”
“O’Neal actually signed (an offer sheet) with the Magic after his third year, but then he called us to say that Portland came in with an offer that blew (our offer when Rivers coached Orlando) off the table,” said Rivers. “That happened, and he hadn’t even played yet. So that shows how these things can go.
“But you do see certain things in Gerald that show that he has a chance.”

patience, just hopefully green sees it that way, it would be tragic if we were to trade green as he no longer wanted to be in boston because he has no real market value yet, besides being compared to tmac. but his pre was poor and hasnt done much at all.
his time will come, playing along side our lethal tandem of davis and pierce will defiantly benifit him in the long run. he seems like a smart kid, so fingers crossed he gets his start asap and lives up to the hype :D

let's just wait, heaps of high school kids have come out and not done much after being rated highly. these include our own (heat) dorell wright and travis outlaw among others. Guys who came out of high school like tmac and jo didn't contribute heaps till their 3rd and 4th seasons, Gerald is only 18, he's got at least another 12 good years in this league, let's let him go at a slow rate, he's not going to be a lebron.

celts have to keep him was a slider in the draft, you cant trade sum1 until youve seen ther not as good as you first assumed and it doing that you have to try not to let the nba world know u want to get rid of them 4 being a dud, otherwise ther stocks if any will plumet. If gerald's given sum time hill blossum in a year or two :)

Who said anything about trading him??????

I like the kid but he is a fair way from contributing. I want him to stay on the team. Its just some players do better with actually playing regardless of the league etc. I don't feel he is one of them.

MetallicA' said:
patience, just hopefully green sees it that way, it would be tragic if we were to trade green as he no longer wanted to be in boston because he has no real market value yet, besides being compared to tmac. but his pre was poor and hasnt done much at all./quote]
thats wat i was relating to chad

People who bought up his cards after THAT dunk in summer league prolly will be kicking themselves so far this year. Definately sounds like they consider him a long term project and if you buy his cards consider it a long term investment in a maybe.

Back
Top Bottom