What to do if you suspect an ebay seller of shill bidding?

I have noted 3 days on my auctions for the pure reason that I believe if you bid on something or click Buy it Now, you should be having the funds right there and then.

I mean you don't walk into a card shop and say I'll have that card, walk out of the shop without paying and then don't speak to the shop ever again.
Fair enough

Fair enough
Especially with a BIN. Sometimes you might find an auction goes higher than expected, but a simple note to the seller saying "Hey, wasn't expecting it to go that high, need a couple of days to add more cash" is a polite thing to do. I also ask if they are waiting on other items of mine to finish to combine postage, and I am fine with that also.

Pretty clear cut.

Not wrong. There aren't many things that get me going, but as I have mentioned earlier, the sale of cards helps to fund my pc purchases. There is a Cunningham card coming up for sale that I am hoping to have a crack at as well as some nice folk here on OZCT that have put some nice deals together for me that I was hoping to pay for. These are now all on the back burner becuase of the lame actions of a guy who could not bare to own up to the fact that he was found out. It is moments like this that completly destroy my faith in some. At least there are still nice guys out there.

Appreciate all the help on this issue as well guys. Means alot.

What if someone bids on a friends/acquaintance auction with no intention of winning ?

Makes me feel bad seeing these kind of threads because innocent people could easily be caught up in this theory.
When I first started bidding for stuff on ebay in 2004 ish, my bidding history with some sellers would have looked just like that :lol:
Crazy bidding on stuff that I thought was worth heaps ! I usually went for rare items and nice inserts, did I push the price up and make the seller look dodgy ?.... Would that seller been looked at the same way as this thread suggests ? I am sure a few could have been stung the same way because of my lack of experience and willingness to bid on multiple auctions from the same seller to combine shipping :oops:

What if someone bids on a friends/acquaintance auction with no intention of winning ?

Makes me feel bad seeing these kind of threads because innocent people could easily be caught up in this theory.
When I first started bidding for stuff on ebay in 2004 ish, my bidding history with some sellers would have looked just like that :lol:
Crazy bidding on stuff that I thought was worth heaps ! I usually went for rare items and nice inserts, did I push the price up and make the seller look dodgy ?.... Would that seller been looked at the same way as this thread suggests ? I am sure a few could have been stung the same way because of my lack of experience and willingness to bid on multiple auctions from the same seller to combine shipping :oops:

There is a difference there though Terry.

Your bidding history would show bids across multiple friends. Not just one.

This case had one bidder with one seller!

Not wrong. There aren't many things that get me going, but as I have mentioned earlier, the sale of cards helps to fund my pc purchases. There is a Cunningham card coming up for sale that I am hoping to have a crack at as well as some nice folk here on OZCT that have put some nice deals together for me that I was hoping to pay for. These are now all on the back burner becuase of the lame actions of a guy who could not bare to own up to the fact that he was found out. It is moments like this that completly destroy my faith in some. At least there are still nice guys out there.

Appreciate all the help on this issue as well guys. Means alot.

Even if he doesn't get banned, at least we are all aware of his actions and can stay away from his sale threads etc.

I had a few of my cards pushed by a newbie ebayer. I had one of my sig cards pushed up by $20. I know it isn't much but I was slightly annoyed by it. I was bidding on another card and I had it at $16( half price) and it jumped to 20 I put a bid on it at 25 and the same bidder pushed it up again i stopped at 30. ( he won it too) and now that card was up again within several days (suss big time)

Ebay doesn't care. I haven't read through the whole thread. But they don't care.
I was bidding on a Breaking Bad Blu-Ray boxset and c***n (0) brand new member was bidding on 4 of the same sellers items, which were 2 blu-ray and 2 dvd boxsets of Breaking Bad. :lol:
I couldn't retract my bid because there was less than 12 hours to go.
I emailed the seller and said if the person bidding on your stuff suddenly retracts his bid at the last minute, that I wouldn't pay for it.
I think he ended it or maybe just cancelled it I can't remember.

Back
Top Bottom